1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roger Waters Says No

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SGO, Jun 15, 2021.

1. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Edited from Pink Floyd's Roger Waters turns down Facebook's offer of a 'huge, huge amount of money' to use a song, calls Zuckerberg 'one of the most powerful idiots in the world'
    • Roger Waters, a founding member of Pink Floyd, said Facebook asked to use a song for an Instagram ad.

• Waters said he was offered a lot of money for use of the song "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2."

• "The answer is, {expletives},'" he said, Rolling Stone reported.

• See more stories on Insider's business page.
    Roger Waters, a founding member of the classic rock band Pink Floyd, said Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg offered him a lot of money to use the band's 1979 classic "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2" in an Instagram advertisement and he refused, Rolling Stone reported.

"It arrived this morning, with an offer for a huge, huge amount of money," Waters said at a recent pro-Julian Assange event. "And the answer is,{expletives}"

He added: "I only mention that because this is an insidious movement of them to take over absolutely everything. I will not be a party to this {expletive}, [Mark] Zuckerberg."

Far Out Magazine previously reported that the band refused to allow their music to be used for any advertisements that weren't for a "good cause."

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The last concert I attended was Roger Waters. I have to admit sometimes I question his good causes, but at least he does have principles.

It was a good concert, BTW.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1