1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Roll Tide Roll

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BroTom64, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Brice

Brice New Member

Scott,

Don't worry not upset. The Pac-10 is not a real tough conference. I wish USC would take a harder schedule in their non-conference games. ND might give them a run and Fresno State might be rough for a half, but that's about it. I'm a central valley guy, so Fresno State is the pride and joy of this area. Now their loss to Oregon was a heartbreaker.

2. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry Scott

Hopefully Bama and Georgia can run the table with Bama beating Georgia in the SEC Championship. With wins over FLA, TN, LSU, AUB, and then GEO, the should have as good a shot as anyone of jumping Texas in the polls.

I can dream can't I.

Any comments on Colorado's Crushing of Texas A&M?

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As of now, Colorado, Texas' next opponent, has made it into the coaches' and AP polls (#24 in both), beaten by a top 10 team, but otherwise impressive. And Texas Tech, currently #13 (AP) and #11 (coaches') could be in the top 10 after next Saturday, when they play Kansas St. Notre Dame is currently #9 in both polls, and as it's not likely they will beat USC, they will probably fall to 12-16, depending on the margin of defeat. Penn St. is #8 (AP) and #10 (coaches'), and the performance they gave at home 2 days ago cannot be surpassed at the Big House in Michigan, which has lost 3 games now but has come back motivated after each loss. Alabama, Tennessee, and LSU and Florida may keep each other out of the top 10 with each going 2-1 at best between them and losing another tough one (as Tennessee already has).

So Colorado is ranked, Texas Tech may be a top 10 in a week, and whichever team wins the Big 12 North will probably be ranked 20 to 25.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Well, Bama survived another one ;)

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I don't know Roger, but they sure have a strong faith. They think the Bear is coming back, they aren't happy with any coach they get, they only want the Bear.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Dunno Bob, wins against UT and AU by Coach Shula may change all that.

7. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bama survived a close call while several teams didn't. I can remember times in the recent past when Bama would have gone home crying.

I hope Bama was sandbagging. We will see next Saturday.

Glad to see the TN game back on the 3rd Saturday in October. Those years it was on the 4th didn't seem right.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Nope, you are roght, UT/Bama should be on the 3rd Saturday in Ocotber [​IMG]

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The 3rd Saturday in October IS Tennessee/Bama.

It will take our best game of the year to beat the most talented team in Crimson we've faced in a long time.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Wish I could at least listen to it, but I will be flying back to Ireland from Germany. If I stayed here I could probably get to watch it on the Armed Forces Network. ;)

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Wish I could at least listen to it, but I will be flying back to Ireland from Germany. If I stayed here I could probably get to watch it on the Armed Forces Network. ;)

12. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

If Texas and Bama both go undefeated it will be interesting to see who is ranked #2, I personally think that Texas will hold onto the spot. Vince Young has been the real deal so far this season. Texas is playing undefeated Texas Tech this weekend - TT is ranked #7 (why I dont know - they have only played the little sisiters of the poor) If the Horns cream them, and beat the Aggies in College Station this year the Horns will hold onto that #2 ranking. My poor Aggies have taken a step back this year, lots of injuries and poor defensive play.

Bama could have a great season and be on the outside looking in - can you say college playoffs anyone?

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

If Bama beats LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, and Georgia in the title game, how are they NOT the second best team in the nation (if not the best)?

Doesn't matter....the Vols will end the discussion Saturday [​IMG]

14. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The answer is perception - the Horns won the rose bowl last year - have been the #2 team all year, the beat OSU when OSU was perceived to be a great team, beat OU badly, should run away with the Big 12. Unless they lose they stay #2. Once again, can you say college playoffs??

I will be rooting for the Vols this week - by the way, Texas should be 1 and Bama 2 if USC didnt have the "luck" of the irish - man I hate notre dame!

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember Auburn last seaon?

16. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

True, but don't forget the "12 National Championships" that Alabama has. Alabama is half way finished, with a beating over a struggling Florida team as their only good game. (Florida recently got beat by LSU and will probably lose more)

I won't forget watching Southern Miss physically beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa. It was a close game until the end where the depth of Alabama became a saving grace. I also watched an Ole Miss team handle Alabama. Shouldn't have been that close. I just don't see Alabama going undefeated and I expect a lot of crying here in sweet home alabama in a couple of weeks.

If they do somehow slide by Lsu and Tennessee, Jordan-Hare is waiting with a crowd much louder than the one in Oxford, Miss.

That's my prediction, anyone want to bet? ;)

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Wow. 6-3 over UT!

Funny how before the season Bama fnas would have been happy with 8-3 or so. Now we won't ne happy with anything less than 11-0 regular season

18. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

Well, saddle up, cause my Auburn Tigers are gonna take Alabama for a ride!!!

War Eagle!!!

19. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Speed Gracer

Speed Gracer New Member

History repeats itself. See the year 1989, and then laugh.