1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romans 8:28-30

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by convicted1, Mar 27, 2011.

1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dude, your theology is off the rails big time. Plus, you're a mystic.

Oh wait...

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After re-reading this thread....

God, THANK YOU for opening my eyes to my previous errors.

I was a theological train wreck, weren't I?

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Willis,
    Like many others you were at first taught the positions held by natural men who attempt to come to truth.
    In trying to defend what you were taught was truth, you were honest enough to rethink many issues when your positions were challenged.
    After a good deal of conflict,and questioning,God allowed His truth to crack that shell of religious error like you were a humpy dumpty semi peligian.
    Once a definitive crack took place,all.of Satan's horses and all of his men, could not put humpty together again,lol.....skan,winman,webdog,dhk,Robert snow,sag38,diamond lady, and others.....all gone!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Personally, I miss them. Love interaction.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Great analogy. Indeed God's word will take a former semi-pelagian like myself and bring him to his knees as the fullness of God's grace is revealed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They are welcome to come back. We are still able to interact here.
    I think they did not like having to explain what we questioned them on.
    When God got a hold of Willis, and Amy G.,and a few others they were quite disturbed...but one by one Willis answered to them...head on ,verse by verse

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When pressed hard enough, their theology falls apart at the seems.

All you have to do is look at all the heretical teachings that have come from those who hold to universal atonement, free will, limited depravity, conditional election, &c.

Arianism-Jesus is not God, but the Son of God. He is lesser than His Father. Impugns the triune Godhead.
    Modalism-God is three manifestations, and not three distinct persons. Another heresy that impugns the triune Godhead.
    Antinomianism-The Law is not applicable to believing Christians today.
    Universalism-All will eventually saved with none but Satan and his minions going to hell.
    Pelagianism-Original Sin is not applicable to anyone other than Adam. We did not inherit it from Adam, even though we're his posterity. Also, man can come to God w/o any divine assistance from God. They tried to clean this up and all they did was slightly improve it and called it Semi-Pelagianism. Both are heresies.
    Docetism-Belief that Jesus' body and crucifixion were only illusions. Held to by the gnostics.
    Nestorianism: Belief that Jesus Christ was a natural union between the Flesh and the Word, thus not identical, to the divine Son of God.
    Molinism-This is the 'middle knowledge' heresy.

I know that not every Non-Cal holds to these, but you can see it was from the Non-Cal camp that these heresies sprang from.

Then there's the two separate messages, where Paul had one message for the Gentiles and Peter had one for the Jews. Then there's this belief that everybody has heard the gospel. If that's so, then, being a Missionary Baptist, I can stop giving my cash to missions, as they are useless, seeing everybody has heard the gospel. Then there's the teaching that regeneration did not occur until after the Christ's resurrection. Sadly, I once held to this heresy. Then there's this ideology that the God on the left side of the bible acts differently than the God on the right. As Brother Voddie Baucham said, "Read Revelation. He's the same God on the right as He is on the left."

And I could go on and on and on and on...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, I miss J.D.. How I refrained from posting before on this thread, I don't know, but the OP epitomizes the ones I hold the most respect for, that is those that think outside the box and exercise their right to private judgement and search the scriptures to see if these things be so. Doesn't matter if they're in error on some things, I respect their trying and having the courage to bring it to the board. Kudos to you Brother Willis for doing your homework and sharing it with us. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

BROTHER, come on! We're ALREADY in the image, well that term is introduced by you, Christ says those that are not of God are CHILDREN OF THE DEVIL, did you read that part? "Before you were children of the devil", it's all through, so God doesn't have to make us children of the devil, we by nature are, You need to study deeper brother, looks like you're trying.

And "No where does it say God makes them bad" or something, again you need to read, "He spoke in parables so others would NOT understand, as Isaiah said He gave them eyes that could not see, and ears that could not hear, that they might come and I heal them". Or Isaiah again "Oh Lord why have you hardened our hearts so we fear you not", or "He gave them a spirit of stupor, that they may not see or hear". So it's ALL THROUGH SCRIPTURE BROTHER.

Find a good Reformed Teacher, stay off these forums people here don't know much, listen to Dr. James White debate Arminians, and you'll get a GREAT PICTURE of the truth, you hear the greatest Arminian arguments and White destroy each and everyone of them:)

Please keep pushing, don't give in to your own senses, don't trust in traditions, if you really want the truth leave all of those out and step out in FAITH, don't say "well if this is that, then that must be this", just take God's word flat out, believe it all and He'll open your eyes, I fought doctrines of Grace much more fiercely than others on this forum and the truth beat me. Once you get into that "Holy Ground" is so freeing to know God is Father, we are Children, and He does all He pleases with us. Pagan King Nebuchadnezzar knew of God's sovereignty, it's 2017 with plenty of resources online, don't let a pagan kind have greater understanding than yourself:)

10. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, that was an old account of mine. Under the username it has 'guest'. I stumbled upon this looking at older threads and wanted to repost it to show ppl what God does to open an idiot's eyes like mine were.

Soli Deo Gloria

• Like Like x 1