1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romans 8:38-?Does God love all men?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by BrotherJoe, Jul 5, 2005.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello yeshua4me2.
    God's grace is conditional on those He chose.
    God's goodness to the reprobate is not love but hate as those that receive good things and are not saved have sinned against God greater than a man that has less.
    Creation is not there to show forth His love but it is there to show His Sovereignty.

john.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Interesting, since the word "Jehovah" is not in the Bible. It is the result of an error which came about by accidentally combining the vowels from Elohim (EOI) and consanants from Jahveh (JHVH). It is not a scriptural term.

But, you're right. The Lord provides. But you already said that if the Lord provides you with an opportunity to study the Greek, you will refuse.

I've shown you the original Hebrew word. That's more than sufficient. Additionally, I've demonstrated to you that the definition of "hate" does not equate to :with withholding of love". Hate is a feeling, while love is a decision. Moreso, I've provided you with scripture, such as John 3:16, that demonstrates that God loves all people, and loves them unconditionally.

I think you need to spend some time studying the sciptural sourcfe texts. It will result in personal spiritual growth. You've resorted to personal attacks of the person, which is rather sad. Perhaps after some time growing spiritually your heart will be a little softer.

Two years studying Hebrew and Greek in Bible college. One year studying societal culture of scriptural writers and their audiences. One year studying the history and developmennt of source texts over time. Granted, this was 20 years ago. I'm not claiming to be a scholar. I'm claiming to be reasonably educated in scriptural matters. I always tell people to check it out for themselves. You, by your own words, refuse to study the source texts, and refuse to check it out for yourself.

I think you should soften your heart and manage your temper, and be slow to belittle persons like myself on the board.
    Nice dodge. But that seems to be your mode of operation.

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Johnv.
    Yea thanks.
    Then He provided the scriptures for me then did He not? If I believe your statement I am actually no longer trusting God's provision for me am I? I'm putting myself above those that have had a life time of experience with the Hebrew and Greek scriptures and that would be from a person that cannot understand what a verb is.
    The bible has been translated into many languages and for the past 2000 years no one has translated it the way you say.
    We have the world at our finger tips and all things are now opened up for ordinary people to get any info they need or want from the web. Why should you think that you can tell me what is more important to learn as you agree that the Lord provides?
    You have done no such thing. :cool:
    And you lose ground by saying such.
    You have shown me nothing but a glimpse of the darkside.
    RO 9:10 Not only that, but Rebekah's children had one and the same father, our father Isaac. 11 Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad--in order that God's purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls--she was told, "The older will serve the younger." 13 Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
    Again you say there is no spiritual growth in reading the scriptures in my own language?
    Like you did? I want hate to mean hate because the word the translators have used is hate.
    Show me where I have without cause and I am more than happy to apologise but you say that the bible cannot be trusted and the translators were all wrong and you are right and that I am sad because I don't agree with you. :cool:
    I know you are wrong because you cannot show one translation where it says 'loved less'. Your answer? I've shown you the original Hebrew word. That's more than sufficient.
    And you say I think it's fair to say that this statement clearly displays your ignorance and arrogance. And you complain to me that I resorted to personal attacks of the person, which is rather sad. And what is that called?
    I've shown you the original Hebrew word. That's more than sufficient. clearly displays your ignorance and arrogance.
    I will not soften my approach to you as you defame the bible and as such I see you as someone that will get me ten days off.
    You are claiming the scriptures are wrong and the translators are wrong and everyone is wrong, whoever believed that God hated Esau, and you are not a scholar. Again I ask by what authority do you speak and try to overturn God's word? And you have the nerve to tell me I need to do what you have done and then I will be into the light by knowing that hate really means love. I am simple not stupid.
    Don't hold yer breathe. :cool:
    I said: You still haven't provided any evidence for your claim to be a scholar. And you replied: I'm not claiming to be a scholar. I'm claiming to be reasonably educated in scriptural matters.
    Now the truth appears. Who do you think you are to say that you have authority to change the word of God to support your doctrine and belittle the bible?
    Your stand on this word is because you want to believe God loves the world.
    And this is all that this is about ain't it? You change scripture to fit your mold and what is worse you teach others.
    I've checked it out but you ducked the point and ignored it: there is one and only one word for love (the verb ahav and the noun ahava) which covers the concept as broadly as our modern word "love". God's love (Jr.31:3), love of God (Dt.6:4), love of the fellow man (Lv.19:18), love of a friend (2Sam.1:26), love of a girl (Gen.29:20), mere sex (Prov.7:18), love of money (Eccl.5:9), and love of vanity (Ps.4:3) are all called by the same name. Which makes you a what? ...refuse to check it out for yourself. I did not refuse to check out anything what I said was that I refuse to learn Hebrew and Greek so that I could then see clearly that hate means love.

eros is not found in the Greek NT, neither the word itself nor as root of another word. Right or wrong?
    there is one and only one word for love in Hebrew Right or wrong? Answers required.

Sorry,
    But the Received Text was Greek manusript work for the NEW TESTAMENT.
    The Old Testament was the Masoretic text. (rc)
    Answer required.

And Scrivener and all other scholars agree that the RECEIVED TEXT says it is "hated". Not loved less.
    In the Novum Testamentum it is rendered
    to HATE.
    And in the Masoretic text for Mal 1.3 it is to DETEST, to HATE. (rc)

Answers required :cool: and no I will not be pleasant to people that disparage the bible for their own ends.

john.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's not the point. The piint is that you're adding to scripture by implying that "hate" = "withholding of love".

Infusing an inplication into scripture is not trusting GOd's provision. "Hate" is not the "absence of love" in the verse you cite.

Then check out the Hebrew contexdt of the word "sane" (translated hate) via the web. You're find that, scripturlally, the Lord is not withholding love when He has hatred towards someone.

Not at all. The fact that hate is a feeling, while love is a decision, supports my contention that, scripturally, "hate" does not equate to "withholding love".

If you view John 3:16 as the dark side, that's your prerogative.

I have not said that at all. Reading scriptures in your own language is worthy. Moseso is wanting to study your own language's source texts.

No, you want hate to mean the withholding of love. In this verse, that is not the case.

You accuse me of saying the bible cannot be trusted. You know very well that I have not said that, and for that you owe me an apology.

You have not looked at the original Hebrew word. The Hebrew word translated "hate" does not carry the context of withholding love. Neither does the word in English carry that context. In fact, the opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. The opposite of hate is like, not love.

What's the matter? You will dish it out, but you can't take it? Yet another dodge on your part.

5. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

My thoughts,

JohnV, it seems like your problem with this passage is hate. It is your hate that drives you. You hate the word hate for you see it as speaking bad of your God. You go on with your hate of this word to use your God given tool of education to change the word to fit your thoughts of God. If you remove your hate, you will see context. No matter the word, context rules over one word and one verse. Context is showing black and white.

2nd son...over the 1st son
    compassion....no compassion
    mercy.....no mercy
    love....no love

For you to read “not LIKE as much” in place of “hate” shows your drive of hate for this word...for in doing so this you feel you are making a stand for God as you see Him. In your understanding your God could never do this.

I also know of Gods great Love. But my love for Him will not let me change the Bible. I do not understand many verses, but i have to trust them. No matter what word you use the context is on the other side of love. Pick your word that you feel best about...but do not change context. It is true that the word hate can be translated “love less”. But contexts rules over one word. This rule needs applied to this passage.

The full context is not to point out hate...though it is there
    the full context is to ask....”is God unjest?”...when He chooses.

No God is not unjest...for he can do as he wishes. Your hate says God can not hate. At that point you stop God. Never put God in a box.

I do not go around proclaiming God can hate. I do not know the mind of God, but i can read His Word. I do see the context.

We need to Preach Gods Love..but understand God has no limits. The gospel is Gods love and that is what we should share.

Notice i said no where in this note that God hates. It feels funny to say this. Some can say it freely. I can't. Just read the Bible...do not chnage it.

If its there....well.....

In Christ ...James.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

James, thank you for your insight. I just want to clarify one point. I have no quarrel with God hating. The OT often referrs to God's wrath and displeasure with mankind. God in this passages is displaying scriptural and righteous hatred towards one person. The point I am making here is that God hating something/someone does not mean that he is withholding his love from someone. Grace, perhaps. Love, no.

Anyway, you get my point. To recognize that God can hate is scripturally acceptible. However, to assume that God withholds love from those he hates is not only unscriptural, but not the proper context of the OT verse.

7. here now

here now Member

Hi Johnv,
    Could you tell where this is found specifically in the Bible?

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Here now, there is no scripture which supports the idea that God withholds his love from people. On the contrary, John 3:16 makes it clear that God loves the world, not just some of the world.

9. johnp.

johnp. New Member

MAL 1:2 "I have loved you," says the LORD.
    "But you ask, `How have you loved us?'
    "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" the LORD says. "Yet I have loved Jacob, 3 but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals."

MAL 1:4 Edom may say, "Though we have been crushed, we will rebuild the ruins."
    But this is what the LORD Almighty says: "They may build, but I will demolish. They will be called the Wicked Land, a people always under the wrath of the LORD. 5 You will see it with your own eyes and say, `Great is the LORD--even beyond the borders of Israel!'

Hello Johnv.
    That was in response to my saying: Then He provided the scriptures for me then did He not?
    I'd like to say now that I did not say that hate was a withholding of love for a start. You introduced this concept. Hate is far more than withholding love but is active not dormant. MAL 1:4 Edom may say, "Though we have been crushed, we will rebuild the ruins."
    Maybe so says God: But this is what the LORD Almighty says: "They may build, but I will demolish. That is far from witholding love is it not? He goes onto say They will be called the Wicked Land, a people always under the wrath of the LORD. Always under the wrath of God! :cool: Does that sound like God withholding or does that sound like God is active in His hatred? Why? 5 You will see it with your own eyes and say, `Great is the LORD--even beyond the borders of Israel!' Because His hatred towards Edom brings Him glory that you refuse to give Him so you do not see the glory of God and you actively work to diminish it to your own harm.
    No it is the active wrath of God on them. But this is what the LORD Almighty says: "They may build, but I will demolish.
    ISA 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. 21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.
    Why? It's quite clear that wrath is not just a withholding of love but an activity of God. Rev 19:15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. Has not a vestige of love in it.
    From the web:
    Love and hate are two words truly misunderstood and extremely overused. Love is used for everything from fried chicken to YHVH himself. The word hate is equally spread out from broccoli to Osama bin Laden. Scripturally, this word is from the Hebrew sane' (saw nay). It is most notably seen in the several occasions of YHVH's feeling toward Ya'akov and Esav. "Ya'akov I have loved, but Esav I hated." Romans 9:13 (also Mal'akhi 1:2-3). Do you think that YHVH hated Esav in the same way that I hate celery or horseradish? I think not. This word means to 'distance oneself' or to 'not prefer'. The context of its scriptural meaning becomes more obvious when seen from its Hebrew meaning. When Yahshua says that a true disciple is one who 'hates' his father and mother (Luke 14:26), he simply means one who prefers the Messiah over his parents. YHVH preferred Ya'akov over Esav because Esav despised his birthright. In Mizmor 81:15, we read of 'haters of YHVH'. It is simply those who do not prefer YHVH to the rest of what life has to offer and they distance themselves from Him. There are many other Hebrew words that would correspond better to our modern understanding of hate: bazah (despise), ma'as (to loathe), to'evah (abominable). So ask yourself, "Do I really hate my little brother?"

Shalom Alecheim!

http://www.wildbranch.org/WOTW/10sane.htm

So where does that get you? Jacob I perferred over Esau. Now you have worked love and hate out of the passage and the passage has lost something! HaHa! :cool:
    This word means to 'distance oneself' or to 'not prefer'. This does not scan with MAL 1:4 Edom may say, "Though we have been crushed, we will rebuild the ruins."
    But this is what the LORD Almighty says: "They may build, but I will demolish. They will be called the Wicked Land, a people always under the wrath of the LORD. 5 You will see it with your own eyes and say, `Great is the LORD--even beyond the borders of Israel!'
    Does it? No it does not scan does it? Always under the wrath of God is not loved less but hated with a vengence.
    RO 9:14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

I owe you no apology: I think that translators did okay, but there is no such thing as a perfect translation.
    We can't fully comprehend the NT passages without knowing which word for "love" in Greek is being used.
    You accuse me of saying the bible cannot be trusted I do.
    You said: Scripturally, hate is not the scriptural absence of love.
    You said: If you insist that scripture adheres to the English rules of definition, you're calling God a liar. You owe me an apology. :cool: You said: If you interpret this verse to imply that God withholds love, then you're changing scripture. Jacob I loved Esau I hated means Jacob I loved Esau I hated. It does not mean I perferred Jacob more than but I perferred Jacob over.
    Love is love.
    You see you still belittle the bible for you say that God cannot express to me in simple English but I must know the cultural setting for the words love and hate and I'm telling you that God can express Himself and make Himself comprehensible to me with English. Your attempt to retranslate the bible over and above experts, none of whom believe as you do, for if they did then they would have translated it loved less, and my refusal to be kidded on by you and you call that making assumptions? I believe Jacob was loved and Esau was hated and that causes me to make an assumption?
    I'm presumptuous. JN 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    Seeing as you are such a marvel in Hebrew tell me what the word 'world' means to an Israelite. It means everybody but the Jew does it not? :cool: Yes or no? Did they consider they were part of the world?
    God so loved the world that He cut Israel off so He could save the world. :cool:
    You see you accuse me but there is nothing in Malachi that suggests God withheld His love from Edom but that He practised hatred on them.
    MAL 1:4 Edom may say, "Though we have been crushed, we will rebuild the ruins." But this is what the LORD Almighty says: "They may build, but I will demolish. They will be called the Wicked Land, a people always under the wrath of the LORD. 5 You will see it with your own eyes and say, `Great is the LORD--even beyond the borders of Israel!'
    Why? Because God's hatred is to be seen and we are to glorify God for it a thing you refuse. Sweet Jesus is the One who treads the winepress of God's fury in love is that?
    I add to scripture by accepting it for what it says then so be it.
    Enter the Twilight Zone here please.
    Compare yourself to God do you? He tells us to love our enemies but He is not a liar if He does not. Vengence is mine He says not ours. Do as you are told not as He does. Who do you think you are? I suppose vengence is in love is it?
    ISA 34:8 For the LORD has a day of vengeance, a year of retribution, to uphold Zion's cause. 9 Edom's streams will be turned into pitch, her dust into burning sulfur; her land will become blazing pitch! 10 It will not be quenched night and day; its smoke will rise forever. From generation to generation it will lie desolate; no one will ever pass through it again.

Of course He really loves Edom and does His best for them.

Love is love.
    Yes you have because God is never in neutral with sinners. He loves or hates and that is a decision He made before the creation of the world.
    I retract nothing I have said to you. I made no false accusation against you and I view that as a false allegation.
    What you have made very clear is that although you said, I think, that you are not an Arminian you are an Arminian in word thought and deed.

What do you mean correct? I asked what TR meant and you said it was the Hebrew Old Testament that the AV1611 translators used when translating the OT into the English of their day.
    That is not a mistake but a serious error is it not and I am right to be wary of you who would want others to think you are something when you are not.

I quoted: And Scrivener and all other scholars agree that the RECEIVED TEXT says it is "hated". Not loved less.
    You reply:None of them claim that "hate" means the absence of love.
    My reply: ISA 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. 21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.
    GE 12:3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
    Show me where love resides in curse and you win. You have no idea what love means.
    MAL 1:2 "I have loved you," says the LORD.
    "But you ask, `How have you loved us?'
    "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" the LORD says. "Yet I have loved Jacob, 3 but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals."

I quoted: In the Novum Testamentum it is rendered to HATE.
    Your reply: Correct, it is not rendered "to withhold love".
    I quoted: And in the Masoretic text for Mal 1.3 it is to DETEST, to HATE. (rc)
    Your reply: Correct, it is not rendered "to withhold love".
    ISA 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. 21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.
    You are firecely attempting to impose your idea of Sweet Jesus which you have been brainwashed with. Where in Hell is love?

john.

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is very true.

In Matt 10 the command not to love "Father or mother mor than Me" is translated "hate" in other gospels.

But we are to love our neighbor and even our enemy.

So this idea of "hate" and "who should I hate" or "who does God hate" is simply a misread of scripture.

As you have pointed out "God so LOVED the WORLD that HE GAVE" so that His Son would be the "Atoning Sacrifice for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD".

And the living proof is God himself saying "HE takes NO PLEASURE in the DEATH of ANYONE".

When the “unchanging God” weeps and grieves over the lost - He is not simply pretending so we will be duped into "thinking" He loves them and works for their salvation, when in fact He cares nothing at all for our children and loved ones that are “not elect”.

God’s Grieving involves tears as a parent weeps for a lost child!!

Lament over Jerusalem
    God is sorrowful and GRIEVES for the lost and for the fact that He has done so much to win them - yet they TURN away.
    God’s Spirit is grieved by the rebellion of His CHOSEN people His HOLY nation His ROYAL priesthood. Yes even by the LOST among them – even the worst among them.
    ALL of God’s Compassion is stirred up within Him over the finally lost!

God will be displeased with the saints IF they rejoice at the fall/judgment of the wicked!
    Always glad to see the Bible debunk the ideas of those that say their God goes around "hating" people.

As we SEE in the case of the wicked - the lost listed above God so loves that He weeps.

He would not even let Abraham inherit a foot of land because the alotted probationary time of the Amorites was not yet complete!!

In Christ,

Bob

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know you are wrong because you cannot show one translation where it says 'loved less'.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke 14:26

Listen to this passage
    View commentary related to this passage

But the command is to husbands to love wives and children to love and honor parents as well as neighbors, strangers, enemies.

Love "more" vs "Love Less"

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hoever even the above does not take in all the details of the differences between the descendants of Jacob vs Esau. Esau turned from God at an early age - and so far as we know - none of his people claimed allegance to God.

Yet God had regard for them. God did not give Edom to Israel.

He did not send Israel through Edom nor allow them to evict Edom.

Edom proved to be wicked - yet God let them have their time of probation.

In Christ,

Bob

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So in "hating" Esau - God refused to let Israel go to war with Edom.

But the story gets worse on "loving Israel" as they go AROUND Edom - God unleashes poisonous serpents on ISRAEL NOT Edom!

The borders of Israel - STOPPED at Edom --

God refused to allow Israel to hate Edomites.

14. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Bob.
    We are also told to obey those in authority.
    RO 13:1 Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
    AC 5:27 Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 28 "We gave you strict orders not to teach in this name," he said. "Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood." 29 Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men!
    You pervert the scriptures to your own harm.
    You should get your glasses fixed then mate or believe what words mean. What does cursed mean? What does doom mean? Love according to you.
    Perversion of the truth you know only too well. Who has said He does so? But death He deals and on top of that what you lot want to be shot of Hell and where is this weeping and wailing coming from now but you would have us believe it is Heaven? Tormented forever and ever not as you wish annihilation. Where the Hell is love in Hell? But you have to deny it don't you? Yes you do. Those mighty ones who decide their own future should know the dangers they face and should teach those who they tell their lies to that Hell lasts forever.
    There He goes again. Aweeping and awailing coming from Heaven because Hell ain't there is it? Where's the gnashing of teeth coming from? HaHa! :cool: No Wes you can't use mine.
    My kids and their kids are saved and so are any other Christian's children and their children unto what generation was it you also denied? Come on let us know what else you don't believe. :cool: Jesus loves Judas but before the creation of the world He decided to doom him to the very deepest pit and why did He do this? So He could strut His stuff and show us what a great and glorious One He is and along comes Wes and Bob and Johnv and others to tell me that He is going to be in the most miserable state of having lost loved ones that now He spends forever tormenting these loved ones of His is in my opinion a load of nonsense, to put it very very mildly, if you don't mind me saying so. :cool: You have reduced the Sovereign, the Despot of Despots, you have reduced Him to nice HaHa! :cool: Ain't you in for a shock HaHa!. He is the Rock and, "A stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall."
    They stumble because they disobey the message--which is also what they were destined for. 1PE 2:8 You lose.
    Better build a boat then 'a'? Up to our necks in Godly salt water? Wow man! HaHa! Grieving? It is still called grieving is it as their lover creator twists the knife in again and again? What has happened Bob have you lived in Southern California too long as well? :cool:
    I did not read your middle most but have jumped to the end as you can see and I would like to say: Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
    Please explain why then He tortures His victims His lovers? This is indeed a strange thing.
    Here is a thing. He loves the Amorites as He loves Abraham. :cool: Some love 'a'? You haven't the slightest idea of love.
    Love means to do good to the object of your love. If you don't do good then you do not love. Where is this neutral you say you have found? Because if you don't do the object good then love has failed and therefore wasn't love because as the scriptures you refuse to bow to says love never fails. It always protects it is always kind and it never fails to be kind nor does it ever endanger.
    ...He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. Is then a failure of love and so you have a contradiction but you don't care about that Bob boy do you?
    Love never fails. Hell is not a failure of love but a Sovereign act of God who has decided who He would give nothing but good to and nothing but bad to. All power to His elbow I say.
    Of course he did as we all do don't we though young age is a strange word for conception. PS 51:5 Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
    But of course this is another denial of yours ain't it. Age of accountability is it?
    No He gave Israel to Israel. :cool: He gave Edom to Esau? What is that? :cool:
    So you know what hate means then?

john.

15. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

wow, i always thought both Love and Hate were action verbs. Why can't God Hate for if God Hated it would be justified. after all he knows everything. and if people got to the lake of fire that sounds like hate not love. If God Loved the unbeliever then he would save them all,after all "Love never fails", he doesn't because we are all (at least before our salvation) enemies of God. and left to ourselves we would continue to be enemies. But God so loved his creation(the world and all their in) that he sent his son so that whoever believes on Him would not perish but have everlasting life, and those left to their own choosings, destruction.
    and the word for all in John 3:16 is Pas which (according to the lexicon i have) has a range of meanings from Certian ones to all of a certian kind. So Jn3:16 does not automatically mean every individual person on the earth.

anyway who are we to Judge God? if he hates he hates which scripture plainly says.

thankyou and God Bless

16. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello yeshua4me2.
    Nice one. :cool:

John 12:19 So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!"

Have you an answer Johnv? :cool: Bob?

john.

17. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

But the command is to husbands to love wives and children to love and honor parents as well as neighbors, strangers, enemies.

Love "more" vs "Love Less"
    </font>[/QUOTE]Bob,

You really push your ideas into the interpretation of many of the text you post. To be fair, some have a small picture of truth. But most are so skued it takes on a completely diffrent meaning then the context you pull them from. It seems like you are blind by your own will. Your mind has been set before you read and It seems you look for verses to prove your point and not read verses to find truth. You may want to step back and see some of the things you try to push on others in light of the context. Do not force the Bible...let the Holy Spirit work.

Above you are using a passage to prove your point on Gods hate is "love less." But the passage is talking about mans love toward God and others. I have seen things like this many times from you Bob. And then you post this out of context reply in a self pride of "killing another misleading thought of the evil calvin." What does this do to your point bob?

If you really want the truth..do not try to prove yourself..but really look for the truth.

Just my Thoughs

In Christ ...James

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No. Hate is an emotion. Love is a decision. We don't simply decide to hate someone. It's something we feel towards someone. Love, however, is something we decide to do, such as in our marriage vows. We promise to love our spouses forever, we don't promise to "feel" love for our spouses. An emotion in itself is never right or wrong, but our reaction to it can be sacred or sinful.

Clearly, God feels hatred, or in the very least,
    empathizes with the emotion. However, God does not base his grace or his gifts based on how He feels. If that were so, He would not be perfect.

I disagree. It takes more love to let someone make his own decision, even if the decision is a bad one. Parents with children can identify with this, sometimes calling it "tough love". If your assertion were correct, then every parent with adult children should be making decisions for their children. But that, as we know, is not loving, it's foolish. I think that's oen of the reasons Jesus referrs to God Almighty as the Heavenly Father.

I fail to understand how "the world" could really mean "some of the world".
    There's never been any arguement here about that.

19. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I'm surprised at you Johnv, Love and hate are both emotions, and both are decisions we make. We choose to hate using the same means that we choose to love.

The fact that we declare our intention to love honor and cherish a spouse, is not when you decided to love him or her. Often times in marriage that love that you promised, turns to hate for the same person you promised to love!

You are simply misinformed, or just haven't thought things through. Either way you know nothing of love or hate.

You further said,
    The answer to the question is not one of Love. God loves HIS creation, which through sin MUST DIE, so much that He gave his Only son to die in place of his creation. Now that is love! But another form of love is telling his creation, "I place before you life and death, CHOOSE life", then setting back and allowing his creation to determine their own destiny. Those who choose life, receive everlasting life through faith; those who choose death either active or passive, do not receive everlasting life but are instead cast into the lake of fire. God loved them enough to make the way for them to have life, but they chose the opposite.

It is not love that saves us, God most definitely loves, but it is choice, our choice, that saves us or condemns us. Just as Jesus said in John 3:18 (eighteen)

Yea, Just like God, in whose image we are made, if we hate we hate. Hate like love is an emotion we decide for ourselves to have.

20. rc

rc New Member

Hate like love is an emotion we decide for ourselves to have.

1 Corinthians 2:14 14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. 4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

The DECIDING to hate God has already been made for those who will perish.