1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rome is still facinated with bones..

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by ReformedBaptist, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

The standard by which all are judge is the Holy Scripture. It alone is sufficient to define what it is we are to believe and how we are to practice our faith.

Some of the groups you mention I know a little bit about and some I don't. The PCUSA, for example, I understand to be highly theologically liberal. This is why there is a PCA which is conservative in their theology, which I would call biblical, and separated from the PCUSA. I would consider the PCUSA apostate, or fallen from the faith of the Gospel.

The papacy I believe is that Antichrist, the Man of Sin, as foretold by the Apostles. I am not alone in this view, nor is it some new, novel idea. Viewing the papacy as apostate Christianity, or the false Church, the harlot of revelation, the woman who rides the beast, is a few held from ancient Christian days going back to the early bishops of Milan, the Waldenses, and of course throughout the period of the Reformation until the modern times when the new ideas of preterism and futurism, born out of the counter-reformation, became popular.

Therefore, my view and Protest against the papacy would be more vocal than of other groups, but there is not a bible-believer I know of who does not both preach posititvely the truth of Scripture, and also protest against the false doctrines perpetrated by papal or liberal apostasy.

2. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Yeah, these Baptists, like you, hate Catholics as well as many other people.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/

3. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

So the PCA, which baptize infants and are sacramentalist, are biblical?? Interesting!

4. ReformedBaptist

Your calumny is inappropriate and false, but I gladly recieve it in Jesus. The website you posted is an offense to the Scripture and contrary to the Spirit of Christ.

Rather, judge me as you would a Luther, Calvin, Knox, Spurgeon, the Westminster Assembly, et. Relagate me to their camp, althrough I am not worthy of it.

5. ReformedBaptist

Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth? Lori, maturity is something that you need. Because I regard the PCA, or the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, or Free Presbyterian churches, as biblical does not mean that I agree with every single doctrine they teach such as infant baptism.

But even their understanding of the sacraments and baptism condemns Rome.

6. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

REALLY??

http://www.pcanet.org/general/cof_chapxxvi-xxx.htm#chapxxviii

They have a different view of the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper than we do. But baptism, which you refer to as a 'doctrine of demons', looks pretty close to the Catholic Church to me.

#26 lori4dogs, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
  7. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But it would be interesting to note what they do believe. And certainly John hated it. But the verse are clear about people who behave in that manner rather than a belief system save for the Nicaloitians.

8. ReformedBaptist

Really really. Do you think I have not read the WCF? Or perhaps you haven't, or else do not know the relationship of the WCF to that link in my signature to the LBCF?

Would it surprise you that I have fellowshipped with PCA Church and was very welcomed by them, and that we shared the Lord's Table together?

And do you suppose for one moment that the Westminster Divines had anything in common with the papacy?

Now, that is the statement as it stands today, which the PCA changed, or rather, eliminated what the writers of confession actually wrote.

Which originally stated:

http://www.reformed.org/documents/i....org/documents/westminster_conf_of_faith.html

And this is still the position of the Free Presbyterian churches
    http://www.fpcna.org/fpcna_about.asp?localsection=believe

Now, I have met both PCA and Free Presbyterian pastors, and regard them both and my dear brothers in Christ.

9. ReformedBaptist

Since you added to clarify your statement, both the PCA and the Free Presbyterian churches abhor papal baptismal regeneration.

If these groups taught the baptismal regeneration of the papacy, I would not hold them to be my brethren. To draw a likeness of their teaching to the meaning papal baptism is to be ignorant of their theology.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, Oh, Oh....... I have & I know the answer to this question!!! :smilewinkgrin:

11. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Says the person who constantly slanders Catholics.

12. ReformedBaptist

lori, you habitually avoid the issues. And my guess is either you are not able to cope with them, or do not yet possess the maturity to do so.

If you think a man standing up and calling the papacy antichrist in fullfillment of Scripture slanderous...well, so be it. At worst I would say it is mistaken, although I don't believe it is..obviously.

And many of us bible-believers are very passionate about this, especially with the papacy, because the whole system of it is so subversive the Gospel. We will always contend against it.

Does this mean that we froth at the mouth and harbor murderous thoughts against Catholics? I think you would like to fancy that we do! How amazing this is to me! You compared me to the godhatesfags folks! HAHAHA

This like...Nero blaming the Christians for eveything! Lori, remember you are reading words on a page. You can't see me to read my body language, or hear me, to listen to my tone.

I can say it this way..I absolutely detest and hate the doctrines of the papacy...but I harbor no animosity toward any catholic. To you that may seem to be an impossible thing. But it is true for me.

I can even give my own reasons why I hate papal doctrines. I hate papal doctrines like I hate things that seek to harm my own children. Wouldn't you hate an idea or some thing that sought to destroy your children?

Papal doctrines hinder and hide and block and decieve souls from knowing GOd the Father and Jesus Christ...which is Eternal Life! It robs men of real forgiveness of their sins! Why would I not hate and detest that!

It is also a system that asserts to itself the glory that belongs to God alone. It is a usurper and blasphemous and arrogant! I hate that! Give God the glory ALONE! Who are you O papacy to call thyself "Vicar of Christ" "Holy Father" "Head of the Church" !!! God alone can bear these titles and fill their roles. God the Holy Spirit the ONLY Vicar of Christ. God the Father the only Holy Father! God the Son the only Head of the Church!

What are you that think you can substititute Christ on earth!

WHo do you think you are to claim power over all Christians, peoples, tongues, and kings!

You, thou papacy, rob God of His glory and speak great swelling words of blasphemy. I hate these things, and am glad to God that I do hate them, lest I loved them and fell headlong into the error of antichrist.

#32 ReformedBaptist, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
  13. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

'lori, you habitually avoid the issues. And my guess is either you are not able to cope with them, or do not yet possess the maturity to do so.'

No, I just don't continually respond to the false accusations that Catholics: Usually are all Mary worshippin', relic lickin, idol bowing pagans. My love for Jesus and His word has only increased since I left the Baptist church for the Catholic Church and I respond 'to the issues' when I feel the need or desire. Your idea that the Catholic Church blocks people from salvation is just a lot of hogwash as I have found many committed Christians in the Catholic Church. I doubt you will ever change your ideas about the Catholic Church although I used to think just like you myself.

14. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The problem Lori is that you can't possibly love Jesus more because you are in the grasp of the great whore who is apostate. What really going on is that your affection for "Jesus" is actually the image of Satan in your mind so what you believe is "Jesus" is the Devil. Everytime you go to Mass and see the crucifix its not Jesus you see there but Satan. When Catholics take care of the poor its not because of their love for Jesus but because they love prolonging the suffering of the poor rather than letting them starve to death. The Catholics like St. Francis really don't love God its all about collecting more souls for the Devil. What you're not telling us is that your real desire is to kill as many protestants as you can find and have the inquisition restarted so you can hear the screams of the saints. Its a shame that you love Satan more than Jesus and the Goddess Mary who is also Satan because he's also a cross dresser.
    But know you are loved when we say that heat you feel on your toes is the burning for the whore of babylon. After all if you read the bible in the KJV you would realize all the things told to you about the Roman Church is true because they would never tell you what they teach. That would be too obvious. Now don't you feel better?

15. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Thinkingstuff, you are wonderful!

16. billwald

billwald New Member

There are probably more "real" Christians in the Catholic Church than in Baptist churches.

17. ReformedBaptist

You must prove by Scripture and sound reason that your church does not teach a different Gospel message than that which is set down by God in His Book.

This is the contention of all who love Jesus. We do not know Christians by their profession, but by their fruits.

18. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    At least that is a fair challenge.

19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am closing this thread with this reminder.

The name of this board is Baptist Board. It is not a place to re-fight the Thirty Years War. Historically, for many various and sundry good reasons Scriptural and secular, Baptists and the Roman Catholic Church have locked horns over the centuries. So, be prepared for matters concerning the RCC to be discussed none too gently. Just remember, truth is a valid defense against charges of slander and libel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.