1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul Says Mitt Romney Pro-Life Giuliani Not

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by leesw, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

What you said is this: Ron Paul is wrong. Romney takes the position he needs to take in order to win the office he is running for.

You will note the lack of "I believe." You made a categorical statement, and your statement was not based in true knowledge, and that is what I responded to. Perhaps you had forgotten what you said. I went back and just cut and pasted it from page 1.

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Thanks, but I have not forgotten what I said and I stand 100% behind what I said. You can say, Ron Paul can say, that Romney is pro-life. I say I have seen no reason to believe he is truly pro-life. All I see is a politician who has had a change of mind because he is running for a position that (in theory) should require him to be pro-life. For all I know Romney may not be either pro-choice or pro-life, he may have no core values at all.

3. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Perhaps you didn't forget and intentionally said two different things. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. At first you made a categorical statement that Romney was not pro-life; afterwards, you changed it to "I believe" that Romney is not pro-life.

You need to make up your mind which statement you are going to go with. The second was the right one. The first was one you have no way of knowing.

Your statement here in this post is an appropriate one. Your first one was not.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If someone asks me: Is Romney pro-life? My answer is, no.

5. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Now you have switched back. That was your original answer, and as I pointed out, you simply don't know that. Then you switched and said you believed he wasn't pro-life. Now you are going back to assserting that he isn't.

The bottom line is that we simply do not know what Romney or anyone else would do about the issue. We only have what they say. Romney says he has changed his position. You don't believe him. Fine. That doesn't mean he hasn't changed his position. And surely you recognize that you don't know everything. Why not just admit it?

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I never changed my answer.

==We do know that he seems to change his position for political reasons. That is enough...

==Admit what? I have given my position and you don't like it. What does that have to do with me? Nothing. Let's move on.

7. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Is Mitt Romney pro-life?

No.

Is Flipp Romney pro-life?

Of course.

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Yes you did. You original statement was a categorical statement that he was no prolife. You later changed that to "I believe" he is not prolife. The first was faulty because you simply don't know. The second is your belief, which is fine.

Maybe for you it's enough. But I don't know that. I know what he says, and he says that politics has nothing to do with it. You don't know any more than that since you are not in his head or even close to it.

That you don't actually know what Romney's position is. You believe it is something. You don't know that. That's what you need to admit. We all know it, except for you apparently.

You way overestimate things if you think I care what your position is. I don't "not like it." I couldn't care less what your position is. I do care that we tell the truth about things. And the truth is that you believe Romney is not prolife; you don't know that.

I was fine moving on a while ago but you kept trying to defend your original statement.

9. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

As I pointed out, you don't know this. He may be; he says he is. He says he has changed his position. If so, then he is pro-life.

Not familiar with this guy. Who is it?

10. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Actually, you're unfamiliar with sarcasm. I BELIEVE Romney is a filthy opportunistic liar who isn't worth the effort it would take to engage his ideas. I also BELIEVE Hitler hated the jews, but it could just be a vast conspiracy by historians to slander an innocent man.

#30 Ivon Denosovich, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2007