1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ron Paul Tops McCain in Cash on Hand

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jul 6, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bye, bye, John.

Ron Paul Tops McCain in Cash on Hand

July 06, 2007 1:14 PM

ABC News' George Stephanopoulos Reports: Though often regarded as a longshot candidate for president, Republican Ron Paul tells ABC News that he has an impressive $2.4 million in cash on hand after raising an equal amount during the second quarter, putting him ahead of one-time Republican frontrunner John McCain, who reported this week he has only $2 million in the bank.

- http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/07/ron-paul-tops-m.html

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, McCain has been floundering $$ wise, so I don't doubt it. But doesn't Paul trail Romney and Rudy by tons? And this is without Fred in the race?

Is there any truth to the rumor that Paul is getting left-wing money? I heard Ben Affleck say he'd give him money on the Bill Maher show. Also was told Michael Moore would do the same, but that's just a rumor.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who wants to advance the cause of limited, constitutional government is welcome to contribute money to the Ron Paul presidential campaign(I have).

It would be rather silly for someone who doesn't support the cause of limited, constitutional government to contribute money to the Ron Paul presidential campaign. So, maybe some "left-wingers" are coming around to the idea of liberty. If so, it would be nice to see some "conservatives" do likewise.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, that wasn't Mr. Affleck's context, and the rumor I heard would make the context not that of Mr. Moore. Obviously, neither of them are interested in libertarian, constitutional, conservative govt established on free-market ideals of Reaganism.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "Big Three" are raising lots of money(but much smaller compared to the leading Democrats) but they are spending like a Republican Congress. Without his personal loans to his campaign Romney's cash on hand would be down close to McCain's. Here's a story about it:

"As the Democratic presidential field enjoys an unprecedented surge in campaign donations, Republicans are already wringing their hands over “burn rates.”...

Burn rates are the operating costs that campaigns incur, such as salaries, taxes, office expenses, fundraising costs and consultant retainers."

- rest at www.politico.com/news/stories/0707/4804.html

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then, in that case, they would be donating money to defeat their own causes. Which would be fine with me. :)

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron Paul's campaign is truly a grassroots campaign. It is bubbling up from the supporters, not being engineered from the top down like the campaigns of McCain, Romney, and Giuliani(and Fred Thompson's will be).

If a monetary value was placed on all of the free effort being put forth by Ron Paul supporters the monetary battleground of the GOP presidential campaign might have a different look to it.

By no means, though, do I harbor any hopes for a Ron Paul victory in the GOP presidential nomination race. But I do think he will be there until the end of the nomination race and will give the GOP Liberal Establishment more and bigger headaches in the months to come. And that, to me, is worth the price of admission. :)

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

As someone who would be called a left-winger on this board, and a contributor to Ron Paul, I can state, yes I am sure he is getting money from all sides.

I am a Democrat but have changed my party in order to vote for Ron Paul in the primary in NH. I like him and think he would be a great President. His party doesn't bother me so much. His record is what I look at and I really like what I see.

Left or Right I hope he wins! :)

Jamie

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, the way it was stated was tantamount to conservatives contributing to Kucinich or Gravel - an attempt to implode from within, or to sabotage the thing.

I would love to see Moore and Affleck defeated, too. However, it's not going to happen.