1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Round trip to Heaven

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was watching a religious show this am. They featured a young man who died. He stated that he had gone to Heaven and saw a miscarriages sibling of his - even though his parents hand never told him about the miscarriage. He then was revived and came back to this life.

I contend that he was not in Heaven - but rather he had a dream or some similar experience -

Open for discussion

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't take stock in any trip to heaven story. Paul was there and could not put into words what he saw. 2 Corinthians 12:1–5

3. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it was the Burpo boy, he did not even die. The Book, "Heaven is For Real" is a scam.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rockson

Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A friend of mines father made claim to have went to Heaven for a few short minutes after he died and the doctor was in the room and had pronounced him dead. He claimed to have gone to Heaven and saw such beautiful things beyond comprehension....absolutely perfect green grass, flowers like he'd never seen, beautiful sky and other things....all which took place quickly and then the voice of God talking to him for just a few moments about his life and the Lord telling him to go back to the earth and that he was healed.

I won't get into that but did this really happen?. One doesn't have to believe it did, or stories like this....we're only called to believe the scriptures but I believed this man. He was an outstanding Christian and elder in his church and if you knew his spirit like I you'd know this man wasn't the type to make something up. Having said that I'm sure some do make things up maybe sell books, make movies or things like that.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope - different story: On a Sunday morning in 1997 Andy and Julie Kemp, and their eight-year-old son London ...

• Like Like x 1