1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

S&P slashes New York Times rating to junk

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Ps104_33, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

NEW YORK, Oct 23 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor’s on Thursday slashed its ratings on the New York Times Co into junk territory and cited concerns about the newspaper publisher’s revenue outlook, after it posted a third-quarter loss. Moody’s Investors Service also said it may follow the move, adding the publisher faces risks in refinancing its debt.

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/standard-poor-new-york-times-is-junk

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Liars never win. I will miss the NYT. It made great liner for the bottom of my parrot's cage.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

I read my local paper out of habit and the crossword. If not for the sports page - which I don't read - I don't know how daily papers can make it. I get national news on the web and local news on TV. The papers are always a day late and a dollar short.

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I quit taking the newspaper about five years ago. It was so biased in it's reporting and editorials. I thought newspapers are supposed to be objective but most have become full of left wing ideology. I haven't tried the one where I live now but the internet does just fine.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

It took all these years for the stock market to finallly recognize it for what is was......... junk???????????? Funny!