1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sabbath breaking - becomes the mark of the Beast in the future

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, May 9, 2015.

1. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Bobby Bobby Bobby

That was nasty. Iam not argueing against the new covenant. Bad boy Bobby

2. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

DEUT. 30 [4] If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will THE LORD THY GOD GATHER THEE, and from thence will he fetch thee: [5] And the Lord THY GOD WILL BRING THEE INTO THE LAND WHICH THY FATHERS POSSESSED, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers. [6] And the Lord THY GOD WILL CIRCUMCISE THINE HEART, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. [7] And the Lord thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. [8] And THOU SHALT RETURN AND OBEY THE VOICE OF THE LORD, AND DO ALL HIS COMMANDMENTS which I command thee this day.

After the gathering {in the twinkling of an eye} to the kingdom rest. Then God will give you a new heart and you will keep His commandments. Then ALL shall know the Lord

Thus fulfilling the prophecy of Hebrews 8 and Jer.31

3. vooks

vooks Active Member

You are not smart BobRyan
    V3 "we were in bondage under the elements of the world"
    V9 "how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?"

ELEMENTS had all in BONDAGE in v3
    Galatians were reverting to ELEMENTS to BONDAGE in v9

They mean the same thing to all but the brain dead

I like Cambridge Bible
    "the religion of the world before Christ, especially the Jewish, as an elementary religion, or a religion of childhood, full of external rites and ceremonies, all of which had a certain educational significance, but pointed beyond themselves to an age of manhood in Christ”.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    still looking for that insightful response - to this.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Maybe this was it after all

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Or was it this?

7. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Moral law that is written on our heart is the law of Christ. Not the Mosaic law.
    How does one divorce the ceremonial, the civil and moral Mosaic laws? You can't. I know Covent Theology has argument for this, but I find it weak.

We are total under the law of Christ and all the commandments he gave. Which includes
    1st Commandment: NT Restatement Acts 14:15
    2nd: 1John 5:21
    3rd: Jas 5:12
    4th: I will get to this below
    5th Eph 6:1
    6th 1John 3:15
    7th 1Cor 6:9-10
    8th Eph 4:28
    9th Col 3:9-10
    10th Eph 5:3

What about the 4th?
    Col 2:16 clearly presents that the Saturday observance requirement(law)has been nullified.
    Acts 20:7 and especially 1corinthains 16:2 present the early church meeting on Sunday. The day Christ rose.
    Paul taught in Romans 14, if you want the Sabbath, keep the Sabbath. If you want everyday to be the same, treat them the same. "Each person must be fully convinced", shows each Christian must follow conscience. Don't let your view with God hinder your fellowship or you walk with Christ. If Jewish Christians wanted to keep Saturday Sabbath, Paul didn't care. If Gentile Christians didn't want to observe it, Paul didn't care. What mattered was, what ever you do, do it with Love for God.

We are not under the Mosaic law in anyway. We are under the Law of Christ. 9 of the 10 Ten Commandments were reinstated. The 4th.....was nullified.

The Mosaic Law was nullified. 2 Corinthians 3:7-11 shows the fading of Mosaic law and what remains is the New Covenant(Law of Christ).

So the answer is The SDA is right and the other side is right. Per Paul, in Romans 14. Your observance of the Sabbath is up your conscience. It is up to what God as laid on your heart. After all, it is for man and not for God anyway. As Paul says in Colossians, "no one is to act as your judge in regard to.....a Sabbath Day"

*clarify one point. The SDA is fine to have a Sabbath on Saturday if they want. They are wrong to say, if you don't, it is the "Mark of the Beast"

#107 McCree79, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  8. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

So Bob
    Please explain to me what you think Col.2{16} is talking about

9. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You would do well to study the theme of perfection in Hebrews, and understand that the perfection you speak of is not a biblical perfection, it is a works-based doctrine which cannot be supported from Scripture.

Now consider the promise:

Ezekiel 36:22-27

King James Version (KJV)

22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, saith the Lord God, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

The coming of the Comforter began the eternal indwelling of God in believers, and when we understand that the perfection that is promised in the New Covenant is also related to that actual promise coming which also is explained in the rest of the New Testament, then you might understand that those under the New Covenant begin a process of growth by which we are conformed to the image of Christ.

How you can claim to have studied Hebrews and then deny that God has written His Law on our hearts is simply astounding.

Here is a verse to consider:

2 Corinthians 3:6

King James Version (KJV)

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Thanks for letting it be known you are not a minister of the New Covenant, and I look forward to examining the gospel you are a minister of.

Out of time for today, but I will be check back in after I have gotten ready. Look forward to discussing these issues with you.

God bless.

10. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Covenant of Law was not written on hearts:

2 Corinthians 3:2-4

King James Version (KJV)

2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

The Law of God was:

Romans 2:12-15

King James Version (KJV)

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another)

This is a distinction which is vital to our understanding of the Word of God, the Law of God, and how the two should be viewed.

God bless.

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Paul says the chapter is about making stuff up and not judging based on wild things "made up" -- man-made tradition.

Some have argued that there is no way that things could have been "made up by man" when it comes to eating, drinking, sabbaths etc -- that in fact only scripture, the Word of God, is being condemned in Col 2 -- and not the man-made practice of "making stuff up".

But they ignore the fact that in Mark 2 we already have gospel proof of 'making stuff up being condemned by Christ" as it relates to Sabbath observance.

In Mark 7 we have "making stuff up being condemned by Christ" as it related so eating and drinking and things given to the church - dedicated to God.

[FONT=&quot]Mark 7[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]8 For laying aside the commandment of God,ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That is a case of Christ demonstrating the way that the magisterium is hammered "sola scriptura" in the cases where it's traditions and "doctrines of men" are at odds with scripture.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]all of th[FONT=&quot]ese examples of 'makin[FONT=&quot]g stuff [FONT=&quot]up' are condemned whether they be before the cross as in Mark 2 and Mark 7 or after the cross as in Col 2.

[FONT=&quot]in Christ,

[FONT=&quot]Bob[/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

#111 BobRyan, May 14, 2015
  12. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were you just adding clarification to my statement? You call it Law of God, I call it law of Christ. Believe we are talking about the same thing. I will check for typos on my end.

#112 McCree79, May 14, 2015
  13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    According to Paul you can.

1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" is stated by Paul in direct contrast to the ceremonial law regarding circumcision. Here is a perfect NT example of the contrast between the two.

No wonder the "Baptist Confession of Faith" and the "Westminster Confession of Faith" both bring this detail out about distinguishing between moral law (written on the heart), ceremonial law and civil law.

Exegesis does not allow us to imagine that in Jer 31:31-33 the Law written on the heart - was understood by Jeremiah and his intended readers to be "A Law of God that did not exist".

James 5:12 does not quote the 3rd commandment nor mention at all "taking God's name in vain".

Rather it has to do with taking an oath.

Heb 6:13
    When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself,

In Heb 8:6-11 we are told that it is CHRIST that gave the TEN Commandments.

In John 14:15 Christ said "IF you Love Me KEEP My Commandments"
    Ex 20 "Love Me and KEEP My Commandments"
    John 15:14 "Love Me and KEEP My Commandments"
    1John 5:1-4 "Love God and KEEP His Commandments".

Christ did not say in John 14 "Love Me and Keep the commandments I will let you know about later in the NT after I have gone to heaven".

On the contrary Col 2:16-17 points to the animal sacrifice based "sabbaths" that point forward to the cross - the shadows that point forward. Not the memorial that points backward - as in the weekly Sabbath.

There is "one meeting" in Acts 20:7 on what it calls 'week day 1' not "The Lord's Day" and it is not for a weekly meeting but is called on account of Paul's departure according to the text.

A great time to say "our weekly Lord's Day meeting on week-day-1" if such a thing had existed. For in that case it would have been ONE such text in the NT instead of leaving us with none.

Which is why these guys make such a big deal about "the change"

in Christ,

Bob

#113 BobRyan, May 14, 2015
  14. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

So if you think Col.2{16} is talkin bout things that are made up...

COL. 2 [16] Let no man therefore judge you in MEAT, or in DRINK, or in respect of an HOLYDAY, or of the NEW MOON, or of the SABBATH DAYS:

Heres another scripture. Same exact order. Meat, drink, feast days, new moons, sabbaths

EZEKIEL 45 [17] And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and MEAT offerings, and DRINK offerings, in the FEASTS, and in the NEW MOONS, and in the SABBATHS, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

Is this scripture about things made up also?

15. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    James 5:12. In regards to Exodus 20:7

Take the name of the Lord in Vain is to fail to perform an oath which His name as been uttered. Cf Exodus 22:10; LV19:12; DT 6:13

16. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know Christ walked the earth, teaching his Commandments to his followers right?

17. vooks

vooks Active Member

BobRyan you are a serial liar just like Ellen White your godess

Romans 14:5(KJV)
    One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

The contrast is between esteeming a day above others and esteeming EVERY DAY alike.

It is self evident to all but the terminally brainwashed that esteeming EVERY DAY alike is indifference to days as a Gentile was wont to and NOT esteeming some of the Jewish holy days.
    Why would anybody esteem some Jewish days while ignoring others?

And if this is not enough look at verse 6
    Romans 14:6
    He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

The contrast is between one regarding a day and one not regarding it, and NOT as you fantasize one regarding some Jewish days as opposed to all Jewish holy days.

BobRyan regards sabbath to the Lord
    Vooks regards not the sabbath to the Lord
    How is BobRyan better than me?:tonofbricks:

#117 vooks, May 14, 2015
  18. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Animal sacrifice based Sabbaths???? Really???
    Animal sacrifices were done on the eve of passover. If it landed on the Sabbath it was done Friday at 2pm. So no, he wasn't talking about animal sacrifice Sabbaths.

If he was addressing animal sacrifices, why did he give people a choice and not condem either? He would not allow people to believe the animal sacrifices were OK(Romans14) It would have been handled like in Hebrews.

19. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see you skipped 1 Corinthians were Paul tells them to collect funds , when they meet on Sundays.

20. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....and as far as the RCC changing the day to Sunday. Too much evidence well before RCC that early church was meeting on Sundays. Writings of Justin Martyr is just one example. ....plus Paul in 1Corthinians.

Regardless though. Paul made it clear in Romans 14 on how you can handle the feats and sabbath of Exodus 23. Which is, not required to observe the law.

I do apologize for breaking up your post into many and replying. I am running Tapatalk on my phone and can't find an easy way to post between quotes like you and others do.