1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sabbath "Remains" for the People of God Heb 4

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jul 10, 2005.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So, TorahKeeper,
    I gather from your previous answer to me (rather rude) that you do not believe that the New Testamnet should be followed today, and that you do not go to a local church? Am I correct?
    DHK

2. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

DHK, I have already requested that you and I not communicate further, please respect my request. I ask again that you not comminucate with or reply to my posts.

Johnv, now it sounds like you are saying law is not abolished? Whats it going to be, are you going to obey God's commandments or you own reasoning?

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I've never said that, or even implied that. Scripture is clear on the topic. The Rabbinic laws, which were given to Jews alone, and not to Gentiles, are no longer mandatory. Circumcision is a prime example. Scripture no longer requires it, as per the NT.

4. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

So God changed?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

TorahKeeper:
    1. You may have noticed that I am the moderator of this forum. It is not your place to say who can participate in discussions and who cannnot. Any registered member may participate freely in this discussion as long as he abides by the rules. If my memory serves me correctly you have been given three warnings already for makeing false allegations, and using abusive hate-filled language. It is not I, nor Johnv, not any other poster that is showing hatred. The culprit is you, that refuses to answer the questions directed to you.

2. If you fail to abide by the rules of BB, there are other boards where you will feel more comfortable at, and you are more than welcome to move on, and leave.

3. I suggest you reread the rules that you promised to agree to when you pushed that button that said "I agree." Do you remember them? Or do you revel in breaking the very promises that you are advocating others ought to keep (the law)? Jesus said the keeping all the all meant all the law you agreed to keep. That would include our laws as well.
    DHK

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No, God fulfilled the need for the law.

7. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

So fulfilled means to set aside?

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No, fulfillment means to complete. Jesus aid he came to fulfill the law.

But that is not the point here. I've said very plainly that I think the Sabbath is still a requirement for Christians. You then go on to be a hypocrite and tell me that you don't care how I observe the sabbath, and then tell me how I observe the sabbath is disobedience.

God commands his people to rest one day in seven. I rest two days in seven. That apparantly isn't good enough for you.

9. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

You dont have the right to deiced how r when to observe the sabbath. But if you choose to tell God how He will be worshipped then that is your choice.

By the way, I love the name calling, that baptist love is overwhelming

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And who gave you the right to over-ride God's Word?

Romans 14:4-5 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

In God's sight every day is alike, including the Sabbath. God does not honor the Sabbath day any more than he honors Friday, the day that the Muslim's worship. All days are holy to the Lord.
    DHK

11. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

I have asked you two times to not communicate with me, why do you continue? You are unable to handle the intensity of the discussion without threatening me. Please do NOT respond or reply to me or any other posts I post, remove yourself from this conversation.

I will make this last response on your latest post.

I am not over-riding anything, I am saying we are to be obedient to Him and His commandments.

Once again, please do NOT respond, I do not care to hear from you any more.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Did you fail to read my previous post. You are not the moderator here. I happen to have that duty. You do not have the right to tell who can post and who cannot. If you can't take the heat then get out of the fire.

One of the commands of Christ is written in the Book of Romans, for all the commands of Christ are in the New Testament; it is His Book. And it clearly says not to judge your brother in respect of holy days--those days on which he chooses to worship. Let every man be full persuaded in his own mind. One day is just as holy as another. You conveniently ignore New Testament instruction over Old Testament instruction. Why?
    DHK

13. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

I do not care to communicate with someone who uses their authority to bully me. I have asked you to not communicate with me, several times. You continue to do so however, you are coming dangerously close to harrassment. I have asked you to stop. I am asking again, do not communicate with me anymore.

14. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would argue that there are "Ceremonial Laws" IN the Bible specific to the Annual sacrifices that comprised the feast days.

I would also argue that the Rabbinic "traditions" invented over time were never in the OT.

True. And that is the same position that D.L. Moody takes with the Ten Commandments.

True.

A theocracy would be needed to apply those civil laws.

Are you talking about laws that did not exist before Sinai?

Are you talking about laws that were added outside of the OT?

Are you including the "Sacrifices" in with this? (Because some of them existed before Sinai).

In Christ,

Bob

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    TK - you should be aware that posters can be removed from the board and have been in the past for doing less than what you are doing here.

The "purpose" of the board is open discussion. There are no "private threads" outside of the PM process.

In Christ,

Bob

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

By rabinnic laws, I'm talking about the priestly laws given in scripture only: refraining from pork and shellfish, wearing distinctive clothing, not sitting in a chair that a menstruating woman has sat in, etc.

Extrascriptural rabbinnic laws that were added by man (most often as a way to apply the rabbinnic code in every day life) are a nonissue, since they were not prescribed in scripture. If someone wants to observe them, great. If someone doesn't, that's fine too.

17. TorahKeeper

TorahKeeper Guest

BobRyan - DHK has bullied and threatened me. I do not care to have an open discussion with someone who weilds their authority like a club. I love to have these discussions without threats. DHK should be ashamed of him/herself.

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That particular requirement was never made of non-Jews. In Acts 16 we see Paul CONTINUES that practice when it came to the Jew - Timothy but NOT with the gentile Titus since that was never a requirement for Gentiles EVEN in the OT.

It is still practiced by Jews today - so your argument that they stopped this 2000 years ago would not apply to that particular practice.

Since you say that "Rabbinic practices for Jews alone" are no longer mandatory - what practices would a Jew not practice today because it is changed??

In Christ,

Bob

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Is it because you cannot answer the questions posed to you Torah?
    I see that you have failed to answer many of Johnv's questions. You have also failed to answer many of Yeshua's question's. When you are unable to answer our questions you hurl derogatory remarks against us. You accuse us, and particularly me, of hate filled posts. Your "hatred" has come out of your frustration in your inability to answer the questions posed to you, hasn't it?

There is freedom in America, freedom of speech. We give that freedom to you. We also have the authority to take it away. But you do not. It is a privilege to post on BB. Do not abuse your privilege. I advilse you again: if you can't take the heat get out of the fire.

Reread the rules that you agreed to you. Everyone that is registered here may post here. If you continue to flaunt the rules you will be first suspended and then banned from posting here. Take heed to what you post and in the manner that you post it.
    DHK

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is your argument that the clean/unclean animal distinction did not exist before the flood? OR if it DID exist before the flood it was just a way to distinguish Jews?

Are you saying that Orthodox Jews today eat pork, rats, cats and shellfish?

In Christ,

Bob