1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sad Day!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Kayla, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Kayla

Kayla New Member

It is a sad day for my witnessing in my school. I go to public school as many of you probably know (if you didn't then you do now) Well this week at school a big thing has happen, We have an FCA organization at our school and of course I am a member because I am a christian, and it is ok in some ways and in some ways not, I mean it is for all denominations, anyways on with what happened. Our sponsor is our Chemistry/physics teacher at our school. He is married to one of our other teachers, Well this week he resigned, and we found out it was because he had, had an affair with one of the students in our FCA organization. So many of the non-christian students have turned there backs completely on any of my witnessing now because, he was a "Christian" and had an affair. :(

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

That really stinks - look what one rotten testimony can do :(

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Kayla--
    Just returned from what we call @ HBC the monthly "brothers" mtg. One statistic that our Youth pastor mentioned was something close to what you referred, i.e., the alarming %age of those in the "vocational ministry" that have failed morally.

Yes, when we look at it from our perspective, it's a horrible thing....one over which no doubt the enemy is rejoicing.

I cannot speak about the specifics in the case to which you referred nor to what level of esteem, etc., this person may have (and possibly totally unbeknownst to him innocently) allowed himself to be elevated w/in (& w/out) the FCA club.

I say this with the utmost humility and sincerity of heart, knowing my own susceptiblity in such areas, but we must all look beyond the failures of human (code for "totally depraved") leaders and keep our hearts, minds, and eyes fixed on the One whose title is found right in the middle of that FCA's full name.

Kayla, I sense from the spirit of your postings (the ones I've read, that is) that your level of spiritual maturity and sensitivity FAR exceeds the average person of your age, so this will come to NOT as news to you, but what this man needs right now is not our condemning judgment [not that you, Kayla, personally even entertained such a notion] but our compassion and prayers.

Lord, Jesus, right now I lift this man and his family up before Your throne. You know what must needs to be done to bring healing and reconciliation to them.

Moreover, I would ask that you give to Kayla and her friends an even greater heart for the ministry to which you would have for them at this time.

Turn this tragedy into triumph as only YOU can such that the final outcome is an even more compellingly bolder spiritual witness among Kayla and her friends.

Teach us all the manifold lessons You have for Kayla, her friends, the author of this posting, and all who would read it as well.

In YOUR Precious, Healing NAME,
    Amen.

4. Kayla

Kayla New Member

A lot of people tell me that the maturity thing. If I do it's all because of who my pastor is and who his wife is. They have taught me alot. And I love them alot. They are like grandparents to me. I never had a grandfather. One is incarcerated and the other is deceased so my pastor has really filled in the gap. Also my salvation means alot to me. A man who die to save murders and such. Is far better a person than me. Indeed perfect.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

While this man does need our compassion and prayers, if he has not repented of his sin he desperately needs to do so.

Having worked with young people for about 25 years now I see this particular sin as especially damaging to the cause of Christ. Kayla mentioned that he has resigned, but there was no mention, at least in her post of repentance.

While we clearly cannot put our eyes on ANY fallible man, but should instead keep our eyes on Christ, this man's testimony has doen great harm.

My heart goes out to the student with whom he had this sinful relationship. She put her trust in a Christian leader and he betrayed it.

I would be interested to hear if he has expressed any repentance.

6. TeenforChrist

TeenforChrist New Member

I'll pray for you and your witness at school.
    Keep strong and don't let this discourage you.
    I'll also pray for your school. Going to public school and being a Christian is hard.

I'll be praying for you, feel free to pm me!

TFC~

7. Kayla

Kayla New Member

Well he confessed it to his church. in the first place so that's a start.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That is a HUGE step in the right direction.

9. Turpius

Turpius New Member

praying for the situation!!

10. Kayla

Kayla New Member

His wife came back to school on Wednesday, We were all real proud of her after all she has been through. So I think things are coming back to normal and all except him not being there.

11. savedgirl63026

savedgirl63026 New Member

Praying for ya....

12. Linscott

Linscott New Member

I'll keep you in my prayers! Being a light in a dark place is difficult enough let alone when you have Christians that are making it more difficult. Just remember that the God we serve is faithful, holy and righteous. All things, even this terrible situation that you described, will ultimately bring glory to the Lord. We don't know how or when, but remember the promises that the Lord has given to us!!! HE will NEVER let us down!!! Look to Him alone for your daily strength.