1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Safari

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by mcdirector, Jul 20, 2007.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I had to take it off when it first came out. It didn't work worth a hill of beans. I put it back on tonight and it worked! I'm so excited.

NOW, one other thing -- I had a flash file that wouldn't work on FF. It worked on everything else, but I couldn't get it to work on FF. I got it fixed! I'm doing the happy dance BIG TIME! :laugh:

2. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I am assuming that you downloaded it again and got the updated version? It was suppose to fix most of the bugs.

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, of course I did ;) The older one didn't work worth a flip :laugh:

I thought about it because of that silly flash file not working FF. Since I was glued to my chair checking in various browsers, I thought it was time to try again . . .

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Since you love Safari so much, why don't you marry it? ;)

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Actually, I can't say I'm real crazy about it, but since I'm a web designer, it's nice to have another popular browser to check my web designs on. They look at least a little different on every one.

I'd tried to download it when it first came out for windows and it was a disaster.

I'd shared that, so I thought I'd share this. We had a fairly long thread when it first came out.

6. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Safari is my browser of choice, Bitsy. You'll find more reasons to like it the more you use it. :)

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

That's good to know PJ. It is serving it's purpose though and providing me with a differing view of my work. ;)

8. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

As with most apple products, the more time you spend...the more you like them.

Safari has awesome features that you won't find in any other browser.
    Most people think of it as some sort of watered down beginners browser... not so at all.
    Tons of useful features but still simple and elegant in execution.

9. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I'm slowly but surely getting used to it. My biggest problem is that I have to know them ALL. (AND I ain't as young as I used to be :laugh: doncha know! and now school is in the throws of starting up.) I'm sure I'll be singing it's praises too - One day!

10. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

We are here...just ask if you have questions!

Oh, check out the resizable text blocks like for the BB. You can make the text entry box any size you want...very cool feature.

11. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Ewwww, Safari. . .

Just kidding.

I tried it, and I don't really like it for a number of reasons.