1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Safe and Secure to All Eternity

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by KenH, Oct 8, 2021.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “The spirit of liberty, gospel freedom, sweet peace in the conscience, pardon and redemption is all in Christ, my friends. And if we are blessed with these spiritual blessings in the Lord Jesus Christ, we are safe and secure to all eternity. The soul that has a saving interest in Christ, the great Redeemer, is as sure of heaven as if he were there already. It is not as some freewillers wickedly tell their hearers: "There are thousands in hell for whom Christ shed his blood." O no, this can never be the case; for the Father has declared of the Son, "He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied." He could never be satisfied if the purchase of his blood, the ransom of his life, were to be lifting up their eyes in hell.” - John Kershaw, from a sermon delivered in 1848 at Zoar Chapel

• Like Like x 1
  2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ is already there in Heaven sitting at the right hand of the Father I underlined your misception.
    MB

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. The "he" in the part you underlined is "The soul that has a saving interest in Christ."

2. Even if there was a misconception, it would not be my misconception as I didn't write what was quoted in the OP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you @KenH for the post.
    Despite what MB has stated, I didn't have any trouble with it, myself:

" The spirit of liberty, gospel freedom, sweet peace in the conscience, pardon and redemption is all in Christ, my friends. And if we are blessed with these spiritual blessings in the Lord Jesus Christ, we are safe and secure to all eternity. The soul that has a saving interest in Christ, the great Redeemer, is as sure of heaven as if he were there already. It is not as some freewillers wickedly tell their hearers: "There are thousands in hell for whom Christ shed his blood." O no, this can never be the case; for the Father has declared of the Son, "He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied." He could never be satisfied if the purchase of his blood, the ransom of his life, were to be lifting up their eyes in hell.” - John Kershaw, from a sermon delivered in 1848 at Zoar Chapel.

Here I clearly see that the soul that has a "saving interest" ( true hope in the God of the Bible and His precious Son's work on behalf of His elect ) in Christ, is as sure of Heaven as if he ( that soul ) were there already...

With Christ.:)

To me it's almost like reading Charles Spurgeon or George Mueller...
    not hard to follow, and very much an encouragement.

#4 Dave G, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1