1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SALEM VOICE INTERNET WEEKLY

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Paul Ciniraj, May 22, 2002.

1. Paul Ciniraj

Paul Ciniraj New Member

SALEM VOICE
    INTERNET WEEKLY (2) - May 19, 2002
    DEVALOKAM, KOTTAYAM, KERALA-686038, INDIA
    -----------------------------------------
    Contents:
    Shavuoth (The Feast of Pentecost)
    Jesus' coming-- a well known truth
    A Special Guest
    Changing Hearts Like Refining Silver
    Control Begins With You
    Not Remember
    Hinduppara Independant Baptist Assembly Hall, INDIA
    Special prayer request for Chitra Siva
    ------------------------------------------
    SHAVUOTH (THE FEAST OF PENTECOST)
    From the day on which you bring the sheaf of elevation offering - the day after Sabbath - you shall count off seven weeks. They must be complete: you must count until the day after the seventh week - fifty days; then you shall bring an offering of new grain to the Lord. You shall bring from your settlements two loaves of bread as an elevation offering; each shall be made of two-tenths of a measure of choice flour, baked after leavening, as first fruits to the Lord." (Leviticus 23: 15 - 17)
    Shavuoth (means "weeks") also called 'Feast of Pentecost' 'Feast of Harvest' and 'Feast of Weeks.' Shavuoth is recognized as a memorial to the giving or revelation of God's gift of the 10 - Commandments at Mount Sinai 50 days after the Israelites were led out of Egypt. Seven weeks after leaving the land of death, the Israelites received the entire moral law from the mouth of Almighty God Himself as He spoke to them from Mount Sinai to guide and establish the redeemed nation.

It is a time to remember and observe the anniversary of the Covenant between Almighty God and Israel. God's time-table is remarkable, first He established His pattern for redemption in the death of the Sacrificial Lamb. As death visited the first-born of all the homes in Egypt not covered by the blood, Israel was set free from her bondage. Passover is a memorial to freedom. Many years later, at Passover, Messiah Jesus concluded that sacrifice, setting us free from sin and death. Paul identifies Him in the resurrection as "Christ the First Fruits" (1 Corinthians 15: 23) for it was on the morning of the offering of the first fruits of the barley harvest that Messiah arose from the dead.

Pentecost remembers God's message of the law, "All the people answered as one saying, 'All that the Lord has spoken we will do!" (Exodus 19: 8 ). There is no liberty without devine law and self-discipline. Messiah Jesus said, "Go! make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28: 19 - 20).

On Shavuoth/Pentecost, the priest waved two loaves of challah (bread) before the Lord God of heaven. Usually leaven was forbidden, but on this occasion there was a hidden meaning to the leaven. Old Testament saints wrote about the 'Great Secret' and the Secret laid hidden from Genesis to Malachi. But, it was never fully known until the time of Paul. The Holy Spirit revealed to this Jewish Apostle that God's eternal purpose was to take from both Jew and Gentile a people for His Great Name, that they would be made a joint-body in Messiah!

Two loaves "baked with leaven" and were to be waved before the Lord on that Day, represent Jew and Gentile. The leaven is symbolic of sin in them both being brought together in the Son. Here God was teaching His people that divine redemption through His Anointed One would be for whosoever will. "For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10: 12 - 13). It is the Holy Spirit Who leads both Jew and Gentile and forms us into one body in Messiah Jesus. Faith in the Lord Messiah Jesus makes every man equal in God's sight. The Lord Most High is a gracious and merciful God and King!

Messiah Jesus set us free from the law in granting us salvation. Salvation is a gift to be accepted not a status we achieve. Messiah sets us free from our own habits and actions in order that we may be free to obey. We become free to do, not as we please, but as God pleases. In a sense, we are set free from the traditions of men so that we may hear the authentic and complete Word of God. This freedom comes from the knowledge that it is no longer our own efforts, but it is God's power that is at work within us. This was then demonstrated and brought to completion in His season or timing, "And when the Day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place" (Acts 2: 1), celebrating this 'Festival of the First Fruits' of the wheat harvest, "and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit" becoming the 'first fruits' of God's harvest. God's power came to dwell in us. The prophets were continually calling the nation of Israel back to the living God who had made Himself known at the Exodus. We can know that same Holy God, through Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit came on Shavuoth/Pentecost (see Acts 2) to fulfill the prophecy of David so that Messiah Jesus would be recognized by Israel and known as the Son of the Living God.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    JESUS' COMING — A WELL KNOWN TRUTH
    Jesus' coming is a well-known truth for those who believe in the Bible. It is mentioned in numerous places in the Bible. Jesus himself speaks much about this and urges his people to be ready for his coming.
    Jesus' coming and the establishment of the Kingdom of God on this earth is something tremendously great and revolutionary. Nothing similar has ever happened in the history of the world. This we now have just ahead of us. Soon this age will come to an end.
    For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 1 Peter 4:17. The wrath of God does not hit the Assembly, but the Lord will clean his temple. He will clean away such things that shall not be there. We are now at the time of harvest and the weeds will be separated from the wheat.

Most Christians are members of the churches, but what does God's word say? "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues; for her sins are reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." Rev. 18:4-5. God's people must come out from Babylon before Jesus comes. When else would it take place? After Jesus has come, it cannot happen because then God's people are home with the Lord.

Considering that all churches, also the Free-churches, are related to the Catholic Church. The relationship between the Free-Churches and the Catholic Church is now evident. The Free-Churches seek fellowship with the Catholic Church and its false priesthood against which the old revival pioneers were fighting! It seems as many churches are living Christian churches, but it is because there are many living Christians there. Nevertheless, these living Christians ought not to be in the churches.

Many Christians have been saved and born-again within the churches. This is not a work of the churches, but the churches take a great part of the credit for what God does. People glorify both the Church and the Lord.

What is the work of the churches? Is it to preach God's word and save people? No! The churches want to take control over the Christian's activity and confuse the Christians through false doctrines. The churches mix God's word with their own doctrines and entice the Christians away from the Lord. The churches' activity is — suppression of the truth, persecution, divisions, deceptions and spiritual death! By their deeds we will recognize the churches. Matt. 7:16-20.

People cannot see the difference between the work of God and the work of the Church. They love the Church more than they love the Lord. This is idolatry! The reason for this division among the Christians is idolatry. They have raised up other names besides the Lord's name, and say they belong to this or that church, when they really ought to know nothing except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 1 Cor. 2:2. Please, compare Genesis 11:4. Please, also read the article 32 on this Web Site, "Jesus is the Lord of the Mission".

Consider, we may choose if we want to obey God's word, or if we want to follow church traditions and doctrines of men.

When Jesus comes, there must be an Assembly of God that is ready. Then all God's people must be outsides the Great Babylon. Those who are not willing to leave the great whore come to receive their part of her plagues. Rev. 18:4.
    -------------------------------------------------
    A special Guest
    Marge went to her mailbox and there was only one letter. She picked it up and looked at it before opening, but then she looked at the envelope again. There was no stamp, no postmark, only her name and address. She read the letter:

Dear Marge, I'm going to be in your neighborhood Saturday
    afternoon and I'd like to stop by for a visit. Love Always, Jesus.

Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table. "Why would the Lord want to visit me? I'm nobody special. I don't have anything to offer."
    With that thought, Marge remembered her empty kitchen cabinets. "Oh my goodness, I really don't have anything to offer. I'll have to run down to the store and buy something for dinner."
    She reached for her purse and counted out its contents. Five dollars and forty cents. "Well, I can get some bread and cold cuts, at least."
    She threw on her coat and hurried out the door.A loaf of French bread, a half-pound of sliced turkey, and a carton of milk... leaving Marge with grand total of twelve cents to last her until Monday.
    Nonetheless, she felt good as she headed home, her meager offerings tucked under her arm. "Hey lady, can you help us, lady?"
    Marge had been so absorbed in her dinner plans, she hadn't even noticed two figures huddled in the alleyway. A man and a woman, both of them dressed in little more than rags "Look lady, I ain't got a job, ya know, and my wife been living out here on the street, and, well, now it's getting cold and we're getting kind a hungry and, well, if you could help us. Lady, we'd really appreciate it."
    Marge looked at them both. They were dirty, they smelled bad and frankly, she was certain that they could get some kind of work if they really wanted to. "Sir, I'd like to help you, but I'm a poor woman myself. All I have is a few cold cuts and some bread, and I'm having an important guest for dinner tonight and I was planning on serving that to Him."
    "Yeah, well, okay lady, I understand. Thanks anyway." The man put his arm around the woman's shoulders, turned and headed back into the alley. As she watched them leave, Marge felt a familiar twinge in her heart. "Sir, wait!"
    The couple stopped and turned as she ran down the alley after them. "Look, why don't you take this food. I'll figure out something else to serve my guest."
    She handed the man her grocery bag. "Thank you lady. Thank you very much!"
    "Yes, thank you!" It was the man's wife, and Marge could see now that she was shivering. "You know, I've got another coat at home. Here, why don't you take this one."
    Marge unbuttoned her jacket and slipped it over the woman's shoulders.
    Then smiling, she turned and walked back to the guest.
    "Thank you lady! Thank you very much!"
    Marge was chilled by the time she reached her front door, and worried too. The Lord was coming to visit and she didn't have anything to offer Him.
    She fumbled through her purse for the door key. But as she did, she noticed another envelope in her mailbox. "That's odd. The mailman doesn't usually come twice in one day." She took the envelope out of the box and opened it.
    Dear Marge, It was so good to see you again. Thank you for the lovely meal. And thank you, too, for the beautiful coat. Love Always, Jesus.
    The air was still cold, but even without her coat, Marge no longer noticed.
    --------------------------------------------------
    CHANGING HEARTS LIKE REFINING SILVER
    Some time ago, a few people met to study the scriptures. While reading the third chapter of Malachi, they came upon a remarkable expression in the third verse:
    "And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver [Malachi 3:3)"
    One lady proposed to visit a silversmith, and report to them on what he said about the subject. She went accordingly, and without telling the object of her errand, begged the silversmith to tell her about the process of refining silver.

After he had fully described it to her, she asked, "But Sir, do you sit
    while the work of refining is going on?"

"Oh, yes madam," replied the silversmith; "I must sit with my eyes steadily fixed on the furnace, for if the time necessary for refining be exceeded in the slightest degree, the silver will be injured."

The lady at once saw the beauty, and comfort too, of the expression, "He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver." God sees it needful to put His children into a furnace; His eye is steadily intent on the work of
    purifying, and His wisdom and love are both engaged in the best manner for us. Our trials do not come at random, and He will not let us be tested beyond what we can endure.

Before she left, the lady asked one final question, "When do you know the process is complete?"

"Why, that is quite simple," replied the silversmith. "When I can see my own image in the silver, the refining process is finished."
    -----------------------------------------------------
    CONTROL BEGINS WITH YOU
    You can't control the length of your life, but can control its use.
    You can't control your facial appearance, but can control its expression.
    You can't control another's opportunities, but can take your own.
    You can't control the weather,
    but can control the moral atmosphere that surrounds you.
    You can't control the distance of your head above the ground,
    but can control the height of the contents of your head.
    You can't control the other fellow's annoying faults,
    but can see to it that you do not develop similar faults.
    Why worry about things you cannot control?
    Get busy controlling the things that depend on YOU!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    NOT REMEMBER
    A much loved-minister of God once carried a secret burden of long- past sin deep in his heart. He had committed the sin many years before, during his Bible school training. No one knew what he had done, but they did know he had repented. Even so, he had suffered years of remorse over the incident without any sense of God's forgiveness.
    A woman in his church deeply loved God and claimed to have visions in which Jesus Christ spoke to her. The minister, skeptical of her claims, asked her, "The next time you speak to the Lord, would you please ask Him what sin your minister committed while he was in Bible school."

The woman kindly agreed.
    When she came to the church a few days later the minister asked:
    "Did He visit you?"
    She said, "Yes."
    "And did you ask Him what sin I committed?"
    "Yes, I asked Him," she replied,
    "Well, what did He say?"
    "He said, 'I don't remember.''

"Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile. When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long. For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance". (Psalms 32: 1-7).
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    HELP HINDUPPARA ASSEMBLY HALL & BIBLE SCHOOL
    Hinduppara Colony is situated on the border of two states in India. More
    than 300 Hindu consisting of approximately 60 families live in this colony.
    It is not a slum; but almost the same.

All are very, very poor. They earn daily for their life. Usually, they are
    jobless or without income for more than 15 days of a month. Most are
    illiterate. The living conditions are not hygienic. There is no electricity, no telephone and not even purified water to drink - their drinking water comes from a local well. They use tin bottle lamps and lanterns with Kerosene oil for their lighting.

There is not even a single Christian within 20 kilometers of the colony.
    Transporting facilities are very rare to travel. By the grace of God, the
    Salem Voice reached that interior remote area about three years ago. We
    started a Bible class as well as adult education. Many were interested and
    are attending the classes. We provide medicine, clothes, and children's
    education.

When Pastor Paul Ciniraj and family were tortured by terrorists (read his
    testimony of conversion into Christianity from Islamic background along with the experiences of torturing because of our Lord's ministry in the website of: http://www.salem-voice.com), they were hidden in this colony for few days. During those days we conducted a fasting prayer. Almost everybody participated and accepted Jesus as their Saviour.
    We prayed together for a Gospel Assembly Hall. Praise the Lord! One
    handicapped poor Hindu woman of the same colony named Indira contributed a plot to build an assembly hall. A few children of God contributed small amounts, so we were able to start building an assembly hall. By God's grace, we have almost finished the basement.
    God willing, we'd like to build a Bible School and a residence wing for the local minister in addition to the Assembly Hall. It will be an Independant Baptist Assembly with an interdenominational vision. We expect that it will cost approximately $65,000 (US Dollars) to finish this task. We don't know where the funds will come from. But we are quiet sure that our Lord is faithful. Please pray and support that God may enable us to finish this project.

We hereby furnish the account of our Bank details, so that you may send your contributions direct to the bank.
    NAME: Paul Ciniraj Mohamed, Salem Voice.
    ACCOUNT No: 051010100012032.
    BANK ADDRESS: "UTI Bank Ltd., Century Towers, Near YWCA, Kottayam,
    Kerala-686001, INDIA".
    SWIFT CODE: UTIBINBBXXX (0001-1-407376 with Chasemanhattan Bank, New York, CHIPS UID No. 340191
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST FOR CHITRA SIVA
    Please include my name in the list of Worldwide Intercessory Prayer Circle of Salem Voice, request you to pray that I will get discernment whether I should marry and serve the Lord as a family or should remain unmarried and serve the lord, I am 30 years not, really not knowing what to do as I've been waiting for the last 2 years that my Hindu parents will allow me to get married to a believer, they are fickle minded still trying to convince me to get married to a Hindu guy, father is heart patient, at present situation(I lost my only brother in the month of feb 2002 in a road accident), I am concerned to take a bold step of getting married to a believer as they are heartbroken but still now willing that i settle in life with a believer, kindly pray, thanking you in Christ (Chitra S)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Published by:-
    Rev. Paul Ciniraj, Director, SALEM VOICE,
    Devalokam (P.O), Kottayam, Kerala-686038, INDIA
    (Visit our web: www.salem-voice.com)
    (mailto: [email protected])