1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Salvation: A Gift or a Reward?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Feb 27, 2012.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Colossians 1:15
    [ The Supremacy of the Son of God ] The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.16
    For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

When I come to Jesus i did not know Him. I thought He was another prophet.I thought I knew God and loved Him I didn't need Jesus. I was a loner and God was my friend I talked to Him all the time I was that kid walking by that you thought was talking to himself. I was told through His word to believe to me it meant to trust Him. The more I learned about Him the more wicked I became and I needed a saviour to save me from death, the cost of my sin. He paid my debt and I was to trust in Him. When God spoke from heaven through His word saying this is my Son in whom I am well pleased. Then and there I knew who He is and He was perfect and I was wicked, He is God and I am nothing and only in Him will I be saved.

It is Him who opens our eyes to understand the scripture we are to trust in Him no matter what.

I never knew God until I knew Jesus, I don't see myself seeing that verse wrong at all, but our experience changes our view sometimes.

I don't claim to know it all, but Jesus does, so I trust in Him above my own understanding.

#141 psalms109:31, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Well, I know that Iconoclast is a calvinist, but I..interestingly..a non cal, agree completly with those thumbs!

How bout that!

#142 Alive in Christ, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012