1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Salvation Always Produces a Change of Behavior

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Steven Yeadon, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I became a Christian 4 years ago. I can tell you the change from unbeliever to believer is pretty dramatic. It was kind of miraculous really. One thing I wonder about is that most Believers, who seem to have been raised in Christian homes and became believers as children, do not grasp the change as well as those like me, who came to faith as an adult past college.

Romans 8 is true, duh, is what I want to say. We have life by the Spirit conforming us to the image of Christ. Part of this is learning perseverance and a spirit that is not complacent but always making every effort to love Jesus Christ in word and deed. I still sin of course, but the conviction to stop, turn away, and confess is always the victor in the end. I have sinned big at times, but God always shepherds me to safety.

This was written by me shortly after becoming a Christian 4 years ago.
    My feelings changed instantly from what felt like great darkness to great light. This happened on June 14th, 2016. Shockingly, the following days showed my internal world to be changed: Many sins I wrestled with hardly bothered me at all anymore, my mind became far more sober, I no longer felt great darkness in me all the time, I wanted to earnestly live a holy life and separate myself from unholy things, I became much better at fighting my temptations, I lost most of the embarrassment I felt when sharing Jesus to others, I found it possible to follow the commands of the Bible that I had found impossible to live up to, and my mental health also improved.​

So, what are your experiences with salvation? Can you offer more bible verses?

• Like Like x 2
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steven... I feel that most Christians brought up in a Christian home have gone thru the same, feelings you've had... But the difference between you and us as we were the children of members already in the church and we were to be the next generation of believers but never think that the religious microscope was not used on us... The saints of old I was brought up with, I'm now one of them... They are now with the Lord... Those who think we had the easy road, try be rebellious in a Christian home or church... We got what for and then we got a sermon on what we got what for, for!... Not to overlook that we had mothers and fathers in the church, that would always, if we got out of line, give us what for!... They all gave us love when needed it and disciplined us when we deserved it... We always got less than what we deserved and we knew it.

I joined the church, I was brought up in when I was, twenty two after an NDE in Vietnam and during all my time there I thought of the church and wrote letters to the church paper telling everyone how I missed them and soon after joined them and they knew all along someday I would... I go thru my valley's and peaks like everyone Steven, and I feel, I will just use my own life for an illustration... If it wasn't for the valley's in life how could we possibly understand the peaks?... Once we get to the peaks, we are not there long until we find ourselves back in the valley's again... It's a constant warfare... Deny thyself and take up your cross and follow me... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow my friend, I marvel that you seem so overcome by emotion. Thank you for explaining that growing up in church is not as clear sailing as I thought.

4. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some people have a very straight-laced life before they become a believer, and in those instances there isn't really a dramatic change in behavior

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was raised in a Christian home and I definitely changed from being a lying hypocrite and obnoxious to a much more peaceful sort of person. I sin to, but we all are a work in progress, no one is perfect. My change was more Bible and less girls which is pretty much all I thought about and not in a respectful way.. It took me a while to get over my attractions. I'm still attracted but not in such an lustful manner. When I was young I thought I would grow out of eventually by now. I'm 76 so I suppose growing out of it isn't true. We all lust for things we can't afford. I use to think I would win by keeping my eyes on Jesus, yet even this is sometimes hard to do.

When I'm happiest is when I'm praying but even temptation sometimes get through in the middle of it. What wretches we all are, we can't do a thing with out Jesus.
    MB

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1