1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Salvation by Grace & Free Will Compared; real life examples.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 1689Dave, Oct 18, 2019.

1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A form of Salvation by Grace happens when a first responder kicks in the door of a burning building. And grabs as many of the burning and dying as possible. And drags them to safety where a team revives them. In this case, smoke immobilizes people in a burning building just as sin does to people on the path to hell.

Free will in the same situation would be like those trapped in a burning building. One of them directs others to another way out only to die in the flames.

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Calvinist-Jesus set the fire and he murders many and unconditionally chooses to save others.

He could save everyone but that would go against his megalomaniac vanity.

3. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, if Calvinist are right, you hate God with a passion?

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does the first responder save everyone? Or does he choose not to save some?

That sounds more like someone following a false prophet than free will.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait, did this actually happen? If not then the title to this thread is an intentional untruth. Not a good way to deal with other Christians.

What does that mean "a form of salvation by grace"? Is their more than one form? When you used the word "a" that tends to imply more than one.

Grabs as many as possible? Is that first analogy (rather than an actual "real life example") supposed to be analogous of the reformed view? If so does it imply that God is limited in who He can grab (i.e. grab as many as possible")? It sure looks that way.

If man is totally immobilized then why does Jesus speak in parables and why does Satan need to blind those already blind?

Lastly, you said "One of them directs others to another way out only to die in the flames". It appears that you are saying unless one is a Calvinist then they are lost. Is that what you are saying?

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

instead of attacking my character why don't you point out ONE thing wrong with my portrayal.

I get the impression you are frustrated because the description is accurate rather than false.

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems to me that he admitted to your portrayal and has no problem with it.

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not attacking your character. I'm just saying you hate God with a passion if Calvin (and calvinists) are right.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yes you are

10. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are not right and actually call God a liar showing favoritism and being the cause of sin.

11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just sayin, many hate God and worship idols bearing his name if Calvin was right.

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, I thought I'd heard all the lame arguments that Calvinists could possibly proffer, but this one is a doozie. <SMH>

13. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    how is there hate?

14. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem I see with your analogy Utilyan, is that its view is flawed, sir.

The Lord didn't set the fire...we set it ourselves.
    The "match" was on the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
    We took it, lit it, fanned the flames into a raging inferno, and then blamed God for the whole thing.

He didn't cause any of us to sin, and He certainly doesn't bear the responsibility for any of it.
    That's all squarely on US.

While he could have saved everyone, there's this problem of JUSTICE ( and His own purposes ) that you still cannot seem to get through your way of thinking.
    That Justice comes in two forms...

Through His Son ( grace ), and through eternal Hell fire ( righteous judgment ).
    No one deserves the first, while everyone deserves the second.

Despite continued explanations, it seems that you are still unable ( or unwilling ) to understand that the God of the Bible has mercy and compassion on whom He will ( Exodus 33:19, Romans 9:14-18 ), and not on whom WE will.

#14 Dave G, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  15. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking for myself, I'm not going to resort to those sorts of things, Utilyan...
    The Lord commands me to love my neighbor, even if that neighbor wants me dead.

As for pointing out ONE thing wrong with your portrayal, I think I just did.

To me, you don't understand God's word... which means you don't understand His mercy and grace, His holiness and His wrath, nor His righteousness and perfect judgment of men;
    Which means you make statements out of anger or seeking to provoke a response that you can then use to condemn people with, instead of thoughtful contemplation of the very words on the page that are being presented to you.

What I sincerely hope for, is that I am wrong about the above.

Incidentally, I've done similar things for much of my life... so as I see it, if what I've stated is true, then there's hope for both of us.:Biggrin
    With respect,
    I get the impression that you are enjoying yourself every time you post something that those you call "Calvinists" take exception to.
    Perhaps I'm wrong and there's something being lost in the "translation".

But if I'm correct, here's an admonition for you...

Stop making statements like you did in post # 2, knowing that you might get an angry response in return.
    Instead, try practicing what God's word tells us...
    Treat everyone well, don't speak evil of men, and don't intentionally post things you know might be insulting or destructive.
    I know that I, for one, would very much appreciate it.

I promise to do the same, even if I'm not perfect about its execution.;)

Now...

From my perspective, the description you provided couldn't be further from the truth.
    The true one is all in His word...every bit of what you appear, to me, to dismiss out-of-hand.

The Scriptures have been provided time and again in many threads...even since I've been on this forum... but for some reason you keep objecting to them, as if "Calvinists" are mis-interpreting them.
    That's fine, and you have the right to disagree.

However, if you're ever unclear about anything that the Bible teaches on how and why God saves anyone, I'll be more than happy to go over whatever you'd like to cover in a new thread.

I'll also post various passages, highlighting the very words themselves to show you exactly where I get the doctrines from.

I wish you well, and I bid you a good evening.:)

16. utilyan

Site Supporter

No sir. From ETERNITY PAST, Beyond the foundation, GOD UNCONDITIONALLY LOVED a group and UNCONDITIONALLY HATED another. HE HATED FIRST, HE LOVED FIRST.

"He didn't cause any of us to sin" Not only cause! BUT ORDAINED IT!

Nothing speaks about Good overcoming Evil.

Its only evil bumping into a GREATER EVIL who then tortures his own son, that means sin was PAID OUT not forgiven. Greater evil says look at why i could have done to you instead.

All terrorism, All threats, All by force.

Name one act of Kindness from your idea of God. Its not there.

17. utilyan

Site Supporter

You could have laughed off my portrayal of God. But that is impossible, because I nailed it and YOU KNOW IT.

So your frustration and anger had to attack my character, He must be hater of God for being SO HONEST.

I Described him perfectly for you. Your offense of it speaks VOLUMES of how much you hate your own idea of God. Your like north Korean who hates his government, "they don't exist". They all say they love it, if they want to live.

If the Calvinist God/god exists I don't hate him at all, I'm going to school him to being christian.

I'll tell the Calvinist God make that one soul who loves everyone, cares for everyone, and wants all to be saved.

18. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    This reflects an even deeper seated hatred of God if Calvin (Calvinists) are right about God. And a fixation with idol worship no different from the Israelis who molded their own idea of God giving it credit due only to him along with his name.