1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Salvation

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by AdoptedDaughter, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Justified Saint

Justified Saint New Member

Lol, I have been asking the same question about 20 different times now. It wasn't registering with you so I figured maybe I could explain the problem, but of course you didn't even touch the issue in your last post.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Honestly JS, I don't know how to answer you because you have not asked a single question, at least not on this page. Read this entire page. It is filled with a conversation between Kathryn and myself. After Kathryn's last post you make a statement, not a question.

If you have a question, ask it. You are the one beating around the bush. Just ask please. Do you know how to use the "?"
    DHK

3. Justified Saint

Justified Saint New Member

I realize now that my question has already been addressed to my satisfaction. There is no answer to my question because OSAS theology doesn't have one which I mistakenly said you hadn't demonstrated, but indeed you have. Thanks anyway DHK.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

my question??
    doesn't hanve an answer??

You never asked a quesion in the first place.

5. Tazman

Tazman New Member

Aren't you saved through Truth,Faith, Repentance and Baptism. All must work together for salvation

6. Frank

Frank New Member

7. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

True it is the Gospel message delivered by Jesus Himself that saves us, thus making us the first fruits of his creation. First fruits are always the best.
    Continuing in sin does result in one perishing
    The Key to heaven is faith for without faith it is impossible to please God.
    The word corresponding does not mean "identical to", but that which performs a corresponding or similar function. So the baptism that corresponds to Noah is not water, but the Ark. For the Ark is what saved Noah from the flood waters. He and his family and all of the animals that God saved, were aboard the Ark and not in the water. They were not emmersed in water, they did not get washed by the water, etc. By faith Noah builded the Ark, by Faith the animals were brought on board, by faith the Ark was provisioned with adequate food and water, by faith Noah and his family entered the ark for the last time before God shut up the door and sealed it. It was faith that saved Noah through the waters.

The Holy Spirit baptism uses no water, but it does cleanse the heart in the manner that water cleanses the exterior of the body. There is a correspondance between spirit baptism and water baptism in that the result is cleansing.

So, the only thing that is essential to salvation is faith,</font>
    • by faith one comes to know Jesus. [list-item*]</font>
    • repentance is an indication of faith</font>
    • Baptism corresponding to water baptism (washing), is what one who has faith submits to, those lacking faith do not submit to such baptism.</font>
    All of it works together to them who have faith in Jesus.

8. Frank

Frank New Member

Yelsew:
    The Bible says in I Pet. 3:20, Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. Therefore, the like figure of water baptism doth also now save us.

The Eunoch understood it. The Bible says in Acts 8:30-40, And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.
    27  And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
    28  Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
    29  Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
    30  And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
    31  And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
    32  The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
    33  In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
    34  And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
    35  Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
    36  And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
    37  And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.38  And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
    39  And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
    40  But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.

Paul understood it. The Bible says in Acts 22:16,And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord. Note: Paul had prayed, fasted, but not until the preacher told him what he must do were his sins washed away. Acts 9:6, 9, 11.

Furthermore, Holy Spirit baptism was a PROMISE TO BE RECIEVED, NOT A COMMAND TO BE OBEYED. Joel 2:28, Luke 24:44-51, Acts 2:1-4, 17; 8:18; 10:44.
    The promise was made to the apostles and to gentile flesh of the houeshold of Cornelius.

Secondly, Simon the sorcerer became a Christian in Acts 8:12-16. However, he did not receive the Holy Spirit until the hands of Peter or Johnwere laid on him. CF. 12 and 16,17. Therefore, the baptism that saved Simon was water baptism as he had not received the Holy Spirit until he had hands laid upon him.

Thirdly, Only Jesus could baptize with the Holy Spirit. See Mat. 3:11. The commanded baptism that is to last until the end of the world has human administrators. Mat. 28:18-20.

Fourthly, the Holy Spirit uses the word to change the inner man. Eph. 6:17, Hebrews 4:12. One is never saved by the direct miraculous indwelling as faith is formed by accepting evidence. Romans 10: 17. The Bible says they must all be taught of God. John 6:45. Furthermore, if one is saved by the miraculous indwelling of the Spirit, then all men will be saved. II Pet. 3:9, II Tim. 2:4, Romans 2:11.

The Bible says men are commanded to repent. Acts 17:30. One is to repent in order to be saved. Acts 11:18.

[ July 21, 2003, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Frank ]

9. Tazman

Tazman New Member

Yelsew:

Why are you rewriting scriptures.

Noah's Faith lead him to salvation and kept hime saved. Faith is always needed.
    Peter says "This water symbolizes baptism, which also saves you"

If you would have asked Noah's family if they had been baptized into Noah,they probably would have asked "What's baptism". But that vary act symbolized what was to come. Jesus' baptism. Jesus is our boat that God prepared and we entered with/in faith.

Jesus' baptism is not a symbol of Noah or Moses (Red Sea), but His is the fulfillment of the prophesy.

1 Cor 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3They all ate the same spiritual food 4and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered over the desert.
    6Now these things occurred as examples[1] to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did.

The major events of the old testament is used to symbolized, that which the "Early" church understood.

Baptism VS "Faith Only" was never an issue as it is today. Man separated them and made issues.

There is no where in the bibe where it says "You are saved by FAITH ONLY" in any translation. But the Bible does say Faith without deeds is DEAD James 2:18-25.

You probably believe that baptism is work also, huh? Did you ever read that in the bible??? [​IMG]

Its a man made tradition of teaching that superceed the Command and purpose of God.