1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Santa Claus in Church?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Moby Noah, Jan 10, 2013.

1. smalltown

smalltown New Member

If your post was in response to anything I said I certainly don't appreciate being called a liar or spiritually immature. Name calling is the last refuge of those who cannot logically disprove an opposing point of view. By the way, I don’t consider anything to be "tripe" or small when it comes to properly obeying the Word of God. I better be moving along before I get my dander up and say something I regret.

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I called no one names.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I could care less what you think of me personally. You don't know me and I don't know you.

You need to study what Paul teaches in 1 Corinthians 5.

If you are using the passage from Romans to justify bringing profane things into the worship you completely misunderstand what Paul is teaching. That passage has absolutely nothing to do with bringing profane things into the worship service. He is talking about how we deal with those whose lifestyle might differ from our view of what it should be.

You would do well to study the history of Israel in Scripture and see how God punished those who brought profane things into the Temple.

4. OldRegular

I believe he is talking about me smalltown. After you have been here awhile you will learn to ignore, post an equally snotty reply, or give an appropriate Christian response. This last is rarely practiced but there are some kind souls on this Board who will turn the other cheek. I cannot claim that I am one of them and it is certainly not something to be proud about. But perhaps some of us are just carnal as Mexdeaf stated. I am not sure I believe in carnal Christians but that is something for another thread.

I believe the reason that we are not more Christlike in our posts is that in general we are not talking to our brother; we are talking to what, an amorphous thing called the internet or the world wide web.

There are exceptions. On occasion there is a Christian attitude we develop with some kindred soul [person].

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Bending the Scriptures is the practice of cultists, not the practice of Bible believing Christians.

If my words were hurtful, then perhaps there was some truth conveyed. I learned long ago the truth of this verse:

Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.

Psalm 141:5

Blessings to you.

6. OldRegular

I did not bend Scripture, it was you if you are using Romans 14:1-12 to justify bringing profane things into the worship service, perhaps I should say Christian worship service.

I simply repeat my earlier response:

7. smalltown

smalltown New Member

I’m much obliged for your kind comments OldRegular. One of my faults is that I’m a thin skinned person and tend to get hot under the collar rather easily. I need to grow a tougher shell so to speak. Like you said it’s a lot different communicating over the web than face to face. I’m truly sorry and apologize if my last posting came out harshly or in the wrong way. The paganism and worldliness infiltrating the church in these last days is a hot button issue with me. It certainly was an interesting and stimulating discussion. Nice chatting with you all. Many blessings.