1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Satan and 1/3 od angels falling from heaven ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

So when the bible says that Satan went to heaven and accused Job before God, how did he get there? Fly?

First, you are right, angels can't sin now. But they could at one time and did. The devil and his demons can't be saved now and oppose God. Both are frozen (can't remember the theological terms), if you will.

Please read this article I have linked and you may come to a better understanding of how wrong you have been taught.

http://bible.org/article/satanology

3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Greetings Amy :)

the term fall from heaven does not mean falling from the sky or even god's abode literally--other terms such as being cast down to the earth is the same as that.

Isaiah 14-12--How art thou fallen from heaven,O Lucifer,son of the morning how art thou cut down to the ground,which did weaken the nations.

this is talking about the king of babylon(Nebuchadnezzar)How God used him in doing his will over the nations in his time--He lifted up with pride began to give the glory to himself instead of God--and in so doing he fell from heaven(fell from his glory God had given him before the nations and people) and was cut down to the ground--he was made a wild beast by God and did as they done--until God made him in his right mind again and he started giving the Glory to the God of Heaven again !!!

So falling from heaven or cast down from heaven or cast down to hell or cast down to the earthis signifing the glory and honor of the one being cast down or falling being done away with either for a time or for the age.

Lightning is thus signifing that in an instant all was lost that had been gained.

other old testament scriptures has the same language as these if you look them up.

Rulers of the darkness of this world--The High Priest and those under him were the rulers of that day and they were the spiritual wickedness in high places--they had the rule and reign over the nation in that day and they were the ones killing the prophets,saints,persecuting the church and even killing Christ himself and they were suppose to be the chosen ones of God who kept his commandments--they sit in high places but were full of religion and wickedness--hope this answers your questions :)

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

It does not say Satan went into heaven where God's abode is in Job--it states that when the sons of god presented themselves before the Lord that Satan came among the sons of gods to present himself also to the Lord.

It would be the same as us going to the meeting place(church) and presenting ourselves unto the Lord there and an enemy comes in also to present himself in the church.

But we know that they didnt have a so called church,but surely had a gathering place they gathered to worship and praise their God at--and the enemy came among them at that place trying to cause trouble.

but it DOES NOT say they went into heaven

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

where is there scriptual evidence that angels could sin at one time but not at a latter time??

Angels never had the ability to sin--God did not make them with the ability to sin like he did mankind--so theres no scriptual support for what you said.

flesh and blood has the capabilty of sinning but not the spiritual bodies that are NOT flesh and blood--No where in scripture do you find an angel sinning cause they cant do so nor is it in the bible :)

6. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

I have rebuked you at least twice, so I'm done with your heresy. Study the link I gave you. No way you could have in this amount of time since I posted it to you. I won't bid you godspeed as you are propagating error.

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I read your article and completly disagree--you did not use 1 scripture that states the existance of a fallen angel named Satan--you speculated that thats what the scriptures were meaning--but in all honesty they could also mean that it was Adversaries (men) who was opposed in that day--actually you even stated that those who reject Satan as a fallen angel reject the Word of God.---

How can you say such a thing when the word of God does not even say that an angel fell from heaven and was named Satan--you cant find it anywhere in scriptures--all you have are speculations on what the word is meaning without scriptural evidence.

I never knew people were so in love with this so called fallen angel named Satan which the bible never says anything about the event happening in the first place--it would assume to me if people were so chained in tradition they dont even know they are worshipping demons and idols and not the TRUE GOD.---it has always been mankind that has been wicked--cant blame it on some angel anymore :)

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan,

When and in what manner was the Roman Empire cast out?

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; Hebrews 2:14

Is that devil spoken of in Heb 2:14 the same devil spoken of in Rev 12:9?

What does it mean, he will be destroyed through death? This devil who has the power of death. Ask the people who lost children at that recent school shooting if they believe the devil has been destroyed. Is the power of death still there? Did those children die?

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell (Hades) shall not prevail against it.

Is Hades the abode of death? Does one go through the gates of death to enter Hades? Just how does one find himself in Hades?

Does prevail have the meaning of even though one might die, death will not be able to hold him?

As in: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. (Again, understood, See Luke 20:36) Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

The gates of Hades shall not prevail against her. The church. Is Paul addressing the church in Romans 16:20?

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where thy sting? O Hades, where thy victory? 1 Cor 15:54;55

Will the devil then be destroyed through death? Will the power of death then be broken? Just when is, then? Will the church of Jesus Christ then have prevailed over the gates of Hades? How bruised under their feet? Because those who were laying down in death are again standing on their feet.

I would say shortly is whenever, then, is.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Strongs:

High
    epouranioV epouranios ep-oo-ran'-ee-os
    from 1909 and 3772; above the sky:--celestial, (in) heaven(-ly), high.

I don't know where you learned this stuff you've been posting, but it is quite un-biblical.

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Hello again amy :)

If there was such an event as importatant as a Main angel sinning and falling from heaven with 1/3 of angels dont you or anyone else think that the event would be recorded in the bible for us???

But no where in the bible do you find angels sinning and falling from heaven--its just not there---Pls show me scriptural evidence that this event actually happened--i am being called a heretic wrongfully because all people have done is speculate without scriptural evidence of that event even happening.

PLS folks give scripture to back up the sinning of angels and falling from heaven :) and i will admit im wrong when you present True evidence from the bible of that occuring :)

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is. Are you willing to listen/read?
    Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
    Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You didn't address the scripture I posted, but here is more:

2 Peter 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Do you still deny that angels sinned?

13. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

that was a quote from the book of Enoch about 100 angels called Watchers.

Book of enoch was not put in our bible--Jude made a reference to this same account also--you must notice the word IF before the passage is to denote that if that event really happened then.......

Book of Enoch has Contradictions in it with the Bible and the people of the apostles day it was well known that Book of Enoch was popular among them--so both Peter and Jude were not saying that actually happened but IF it did then the same result would be as so with them also.

If you say that what Peter and Jude said is true about angels then that opens up a whole other can of worms completly different than what were talking about :)

Also the word High also means High place(Jerusalem was set on a HIGH Ridge among 3 hills)and the High Priest and those under him were the Rulers(Spiritual wickedness in High Places)

14. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Greetings DHK :)

Well i have a question for you friend :)

Was the book of Revelation things that were gonna shortly come to pass or things that had already happened??

15. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

If you say some things already happened why on earth would God tell John to write them down if they were already known about???

Now the first chapter says that Book of Revelation was given to John to shew unto God's servants THINGS which MUST SHORTLY COME TO PASS.

Now whether you believe it happened in ad 70(as i do believe) or if you dont--you would still have to hold the Futurist concept that it hasnt happened yet and in that case it is still yet TO COME.

So here again NO scripture evidence of a angel sinning and falling from heaven.

if you still think that it is just that -your gonna have to say so called Satan wasnt cast out till ad 70 or he hasnt been cast out up until this present time.

So consider these things friend and think about them :)

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Of course it's true! It's scripture!

In the verse I posted "high" is referring to the spiritual, not a ridge.

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

tell me why the Book of Enoch was not put in our bible if those things were held to be true ?

and if you still believe that really happened--explain how spiritual bodies can come down and have relation with a flesh and blood woman and bring forth children ?

Book of Enoch is full of contradictions against what the bible teaches--so be careful on that one :)

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Most of the Bible "has already happened." The first three chapters of Revelation are history. The Lord tells John to write the things that He wants written. It is for His purposes and glory. His thoughts are higher than your thoughts. Why do you question God?
    "Things that were; things that are; things that will be." Those are the three divisions: past, present and future. There is no need to read anything further into it.
    Wrong. Revelation is not strictly a chronological book. It has many events and the chapters aren't always in order. They are parentheticals inserted between chapters taking us off on tangents. It is an apocalyptic book with many symbols.
    It is evident that the event concerning Satan and one third of the angels that followed him rebelled in the past. There are other past events recorded in this historical event. There are some present events here, and some future events all woven into one story.
    Your opinion; doesn't count for much.
    Satan was cast out during the first week of creation, and the other events followed. But you can't and won't see that. It is doubtful that you are open to learning, and that your mind is closed so I won't bother explaining the chapter to you.
    Consider:
    1 Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Unless your willing to approach the subject with a heart desiring to learn.

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

If you're saying that what Peter said is not true, then you don't believe scripture. There is nothing left to say to you in that case.

20. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

i do respect you and your stand :)

But i do disagree on some things.

you said Satan was cast out first week of creation?? where in scripture does it say he was cast out in the first week of creation--dont you think God would have told adam and eve that such a one and his demons was able to get to them and they exsisted? and God would have warned adam and eve against him--but we dont have any of the like of that--If thats the case God told john about it thousands of years later and DID NOT warn adam and eve about it?? really doesnt sound very logical to keep adam and eve in the dark about it does it not ?