1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Satan and 1/3 od angels falling from heaven ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jan 14, 2013.

1. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

i never said WHAT Peter said was not true!!!

Peter did say what he said that is recorded--although You must find out for what PURPOSE he stated what he did ?

The book of enoch is full of contradictions against bible teachings--thats where what peter said came from !!!

Now you decide did that event ever happen or was peter quoting it for another reason ?

Pls dont misunderstand me--i apologize again if i appear someway that im not trying to appear.

Do YOU believe that angels co-mingled with women and produced children ?

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

"Shortly" (en tachei). As God counts time.

Recall how God told Daniel to SHUT up the things he had been shown for they were not for his day or time.

Recall how God told John NOT to SHUT up the things he was told because the time was AT HAND.

Now the time from daniel to John was a shorter time period than the time from John to our present day.

Does it make any sense to tell daniel to shut them up and his time span was shorter from him to John and tell John not to shut them up cause the time was at hand and From john till now was a even longer time span than daneils ???

Seems to me God would have told John also it was not for his day or time and to also shut them up for a later time???

Friend Shortly,Soon,At Hand,End of All Things is at hand,this generation shall not pass away till THESE things be fulfilled--the whole new testament is full of these examples and they mean in the lifetime of the people they were spoken to !!!

3. Gabriel Elijah

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HisWitness---I’ve only briefly skimmed over the posts—but some of your points are actually somewhat legitimate---however—I disagree with many of your conclusions. First you need to get your evidence straight----it was 200 angels that sinned in 1 Enoch not 100 (1 Enoch 6—200 descended in the days of Jared onto the peak of Mt Hermon).
    Next—the whole point of 2 Pet & Jude is the certainty of God’s divine judgment, where the author uses a typical Jewish triad to make his case. In essence, God's future judgment of the wicked is certain (v. 3b) because God has consistently judged the wicked throughout history. As you stated “you must notice the word IF before the passage is to denote that if that event really happened then....... so both Peter and Jude were not saying that actually happened but IF it did then the same result would be as so with them also.”
    You do realize that-- although the protasis (‘if’ clause) is limited to verse 4 ---the Greek structure of 2 pet 2:4-10a is one long conditional sentence, with the apodosis ("then" clause) not coming until v. 9. Thus making the protasis applicable to every point given until this clause is complete. In essence, the logic of your proposal in regards to the use of “if” would also have to apply to the flood, Sodom & Gomorrah, & the rescue of Lot. Are you suggesting that they are only hypothetical examples as well?
    Third, you keep insisting that 2 Peter & Jude are quoting 1 Enoch. While that is possible, they are more than likely referring to the angelic interpretation of Genesis 6:2, 4 itself, which is referred to in many Jewish writings besides 1 Enoch ( Jub. 4:15, 22; 5:1; CD 2:17-19; 1QapGen 2:1; T. Reu. 5:6-7; T. Naph. 3:5; 2 Bar. 56:10-14; cf. Josephus, Ant. 1.73). Admittedly 1 Enoch is probably the oldest record we have of the angelic Gen 6 interpretation, & the book itself was popular in Christian circles (which can be seen with Jude’s use in v 14-15)—there is no historical evidence that any other Gen 6 interpretation existed during the time of NT authorship, which allows Peter & Jude to directly refer to it (instead of extra-biblical lit.) & keep in line with their Scriptural examples of divine judgment. This is especially relevant when you consider Peter’s connection of the sinning angels with the flood & Jude’s use of “ton homoion tropon toutois” connecting the angelic sin of v 6 to the sexual sin of Sodom in v 7.
    I am honestly wasting to much time on this when I need to be working--lol—but to answer your question---yes I believe Gen 6 refers to angels (that had fallen or are falling with the act of Gen 6)—this can be accomplished with an angelophany (ex Gen 18-19) or possession of human bodies. I dedicated a large portion of my Master’s thesis to defending the angelic interpretation of Gen 6 & am currently dedicating a large portion of my doctoral thesis to it. But I realize that no matter how much evidence I give, I will never be able to persuade everyone of my own understanding of the difficult passage. And since it is not a first-rate doctrine-- I don’t mind people disagreeing with me as long as they can support their own ideas. If you do respond to my post—I will try & respond back—but like I said I really need to be working—so if I don’t respond in a quick manner please do not think I am being disrespectful—God bless.

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Greetings friend:)

I do believe in the divine judgement that was to come :)
    Thank you for a good post btw :)

But i do disagree with you on the angels sinning-

I really do believe that mankind is the only part of the creation of God that has the capability of sinning---

But perhaps if im wrong :) another interesting point of that was the Hell that they were cast in was the only rendering of a eternal afterlife in torture.
    the word is Tartarus if i spelled it correctly all the rest of the words on Hell is the grave or Gehenna(which was a earthly place not afterlife)

5. Gabriel Elijah

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well that wasn’t exactly the detailed response I was hoping from you—lol—but while I do think Satan is a fallen angelic being—the fact of the matter is—2 Pet 2:4 & Jude 6 do nothing to prove Satan’s origin nor his current status—so at least we can agree on that

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Truely Said :)

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Well i have a thought---God knows all things before they even happen--Now God would have known the angel's thoughts before they actually sinned(IF they done it)Why would God permit his angels going down and ruining mankind--knowing that he(God) would have to destroy every living creature because of it --just doesnt take me in that light that God would allow that to happen and then destroy his creation for it :)

8. Gabriel Elijah

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same question could be asked about sin in general—God knew man would sin (or He wouldn’t be truly omniscient)—yet He still created him---regardless of what evil spiritual forces are involved—man is still responsible for his actions—that’s why an outside force (such as the serpent) could tempt Eve—and she still be held accountable—and that’s why Eve could tempt/persuade Adam—& he be held responsible—angels did not ruin mankind—mankind ruined mankind-- b/c he should have known he owed his existence to his Creator & therefore been willing to submit himself to the Creator’s desire for him (ie not eating from 1 certain tree). If God was really concerned with temptation not existing--- then the tree of knowledge of good & evil would have never been created. Thus God’s foreknowledge of man’s choice to rebel against him—or in this case the angelic involvement in impacting mankind toward sin—would in no way impact God allowing such an event to actually happen. The existence of temptation is not the problem—its man’s choice to carry through with his rebellious action that truly matters.

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

True :)

another thought to throw out--There is a remedy for mankind even though they have sinned and they can recieve forgiveness.

Why would God put the capability in angels to sin when there would be no remedy for them at all to be forgiven?

I also believe whoever or whatever has the capabilty to sin it or they will always sin( all humanity has sinned at one point in their life)except Christ.

So i do believe if angels had the capabilty to sin that all the angels would have commited sin in their life at some point in time.

And why does mankind get forgiveness and angels do not ? Sin is Sin no matter who or what commits it ?

just some thoughts :)

10. Gabriel Elijah

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That’s actually a really good question---at least the part about why God would offer forgiveness to man & not angels when they sinned. But-- it first must be asked if the reality of a truth—is based on the fairness of that reality. The fact of the matter is---it’s not fair to God (simply based on us owing our existence to Him) that we rebel against His will for our life—yet we still do. Furthermore, the fact we rebel means it’s not fair/just that we get forgiveness—when the consequences of our rebellious actions truly deserve eternal punishment. So the idea of fairness within itself—does not negate the reality of a situation. Just b/c angels sin & God does not offer them forgiveness does not make it a non-reality that angels did not sin. Remember-- He is not required to forgive; mankind & angels are required to submit (simply based on our creation status). While there is a ton more I wanna say about this (especially in regards to the human sin nature--which angels do not have, direct angelic creation--which humans after Adam do not have based on the human procreation process, and angelic insight to God that humans after Adam do not have)—but I’ve got to get up early for work tomorrow—I’ll come check if you responded—God bless.

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Gotta be going somewhere this morning--dont have much time.

So ill throw another thought out as im going :)

Mercy is to triumph over judgement :)

12. Gabriel Elijah

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Got a quick question--do you believe in the reality of the demonic realm & if so--how do you define their origin?

13. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Pls explain further what you mean by the demonic realm ?