1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Satanism in Sheep's Clothing

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Bismarck, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Bismarck

Bismarck New Member

I excerpt below a portion of a sermon delivered recently at a Unitarian Universalist ::quote-fingers:: "Christian" church (so-called). I offer that it is blatantly Satanic. I will put it in context below. The bold and italic emphasis, along with the [footnotes], are mine.

-------------------------------------------------

And then Samuel heard the message that Yahweh had for him.

Now, I'm not going to say what that message was because this is between Samuel and his god, Yahweh[1]. But I do want to tell you children why I think I remembered this story from my own childhood so many years ago.

I think each of us has a voice inside us that belongs to us and only to us.[2] We hear a lot of other voices around us: voices of our parents, voices of our teachers, voices from people on the television and radio, voices of our brothers and sisters, voices of our classmates and friends at school and church. All of these are important voices and worth paying attention to.

But there's another voice I think is even more important than all these others, and that is your own inner voice.[2] It's a voice that grows right out of the deepest part of you. It's not exactly like hearing a voice like you are hearing my voice right now. Perhaps it's like a voice whispering inside you. Or, sometimes, like Samuel, it might even sound like it's coming from outside you.

Now, I don't personally think it's the voice of a god, but I do think of it as the voice of our own deepest self, which in its way is as important as the voice of god.[2] It's certainly a voice worth listening for and paying attention to.

As you children grow older you can learn to listen for this voice that belongs to you and is somewhow a part of you. More and more you can get clearer on what is your voice in the midst of all the other voices around you. You can try to figure out what this voice is saying to you and what meaning it has for you.

So that's the story of Samuel and the voice that called to him.[3]

Footnotes:

[1] The unique Godliness of Yahweh is denied, breaking the 1st Bidding of God.

[2] The following is asserted:

A) You have an "inner voice"
    B) That inner voice is not of Divine Origin.
    C) That inner voice is "as important" as a God-breathed voice.

Therefore, this sermon preaches that you yourself have a "Divinely Important" inner voice that is your own and not God's.

This is precisely the Snake's pillow-talk in Genesis 3:5:

"for God doth know that in the day of your eating of it -- your eyes have been opened, and ye have been as God, knowing good and evil.'"

[3] The author has succeeded in perverting the story of Samuel's calling from one that glorifies God Almighty to one that espouses the lies of the Snake.

THAT IS A SATANIC SERMON, IN THE NAME OF "CHRISTIANITY". THE CHURCH APPEARS IN THE PHONEBOOK UNDER THE HEADING "CHURCHES" ALONG WITH LUTHERANS, BAPTISTS, PRESBYTERIANS, ETC.

When I attempted to point this out to the people from whom I got a transcript of the sermon, they got angry and told me I just didn't understand how to "properly interpret" the words, and how the 'pastor' was trying to explain complicated Jungian concepts to little children, and if you understood those concepts you'd see how he's not denying Almighty God. When I read, word-for-word, the line:

Now, I don't personally think it's the voice of a god, but I do think of it as the voice of our own deepest self, which in its way is as important as the voice of god.

and started to go through it, clause by clause, comma by comma, they finally just got angry, denied they worshipped the Snake, and stormed off saying, "You'll never get it."

They would not answer my question, "does, or does not, the clause, 'I don't think it's the voice... of a god', deny the God-rootedness of the 'inner voice' (which you then say is 'as important' as a God-rooted voice)?"

2. Bismarck

Bismarck New Member

The whole story:

“Journey of Renewal: The Call”
    ####### Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
    March 19, 2006
    ##### # ####

Poetry in Order of Service

When a moment knocks on the door of your life, it is often no louder than the beating of your heart, and it is very easy to miss it. (Borris Pasternak)

And you must not, ever, give anyone else the responsibility for your life. (Mary Oliver, Blue Pastures, p. 68)

Who are these people? Why should we quote them over, say, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? Do they trump the Messiah and his Apostles?

Call to Worship

This is a resplendent new day that has been given to us.
    Let us then rejoice in it and be glad.
    And let us count our many, many blessings:
    Let us be greateful for the incredible gift of life,
    And for the capacity to see, to feel, to hear, and to understand.
    Let us be greateful for this time of fellowship, for work to do, and service to render.
    And let us then be especially grateful for the ties of love which bind us together,
    Giving dignity, meaning, worth, and joy to all our days.

Lighting the Chalice (Covenant Statement in unison)

We are travelers. We meet for a moment in this sacred place to love, to share, to werve. Let us use compassion, curiosity, reverence, and respect while seeking our truths. In this way we will support a just and joyful community, and this moment shall endure.

Some of you may recall the infamous term, 'Fellow Travelers'. I fear youngins will not, and I fear further they will not care.

Responsive Reading

MINISTER: Every morning the world is created.

Violates Genesis 1. One. O-n-e, as in "first chapter, first sentence, first words in book...."

CONGREGATION: Under the orange sticks of the sun the heaped ashs of the night turn into leaves again and fasten themselves to the high branches –

MINISTER: And the ponds appear like black cloth on which are painted islands of summer lilies.

CONGREGATION: If it is your nature to be happy you will swim away along the soft trails for hours, your imagination alighting everywhere.

MINISTER: And if your spirit carries within it the thorn that is heavier than lead – if it’s call you can do to keep on trudging –

CONGREGATION: There is still somwwhere deep within you a beast shouting that the earth is exactly what it wanted –

MINISTER: Each pond with its blazing lilies is a prayer heard and answered lavishly, every morning,

CONGREGATION: Whether or not you have ever dared to be happy,

MINISTER: Whther or not you have ever dared to pray.

(Mary Oliver, “Morning Poem,” from Dream Work)

I offer humbly that this "just be happy" attitude does not make a Good Believer who should, I say, be ANGRY in the FACE OF SIN.

A time for all ages -- "Samuel's Story"

I want to tell you children a story that was told to me when I was a youngster about your age. It's a story from the Bible about a young boy named Samuel.

As a young boy Samuel went to live in the temple near where he grew uup in order to help out the priest who took care of the temple. The name of this priest was Eli. At this time Eli was very old and nearly blind; he needed help with all the gings that went on at the temple.

One time at night when Samuel was lying down in the temple about to go to sleep, he heard a voice calling to him. "Samuel, Samuel," the voce said.

Samuel got up and ran to Eli the priest. "Here I am", said Samuel, "since you called me."

"Oh, no", said Eli, "I did not call you. You may go back and lie down again."

So Samuel went back to lie down. But no sooner was he comfrotable and almost asleep, when he heard the voice again. "Samuel, Samuel," the voice said.

Again, Samuel got up and hurriedly ran to Eli. "Here I am", said Samuel, "since you calleed me."

"No, my son," said Ei the priest, now beginning to be a little puzlled, "I did not call you. You may go back and lie down again."

And so Samuel went back a second time and laid down to go to sleep. B ut no sooner had he laid down than a third time the voice called, "Samuel, Samuel."

Once again Samuel got up and ran to Eli the priest -- may he ran a little slower this time -- and again he said, "Here I am, Eli, since you called me."

"Now,", said Eli the priest, "something else must be goince on here, for I did not call you. And this is now the tird time you have thought I had called you. I tell you want [sic] [what] I want you to do. I want you to go back and lie down again, but this time if the voice calls, you are to answer, 'Speak, Yahweh, for your servant is listening.'" (Yahweh was the nam of the god of their temple.)

And it happened just as Eli said. Again, Samuel went to lie down, and , sure enough, the voice called again, "Samuel, Samuel." But this time, instead of running to Eli the priest, Samuel remained still and answered, "Speak, Yahweh, your servant is listening."

And then Samuel heard the message that Yahweh had for him.

Now, I'm not going to say what that message was because this is between Samuel and his god, Yahweh. But I do want to tell you children why I think I remembered this story from my own childhood so many years ago.

I think each of us has a voice inside us that belongs to us and only to us. We hear a lot of other voices around us: voices of our parents, voices of our teachers, voices from people on the television and radio, voices of our brothers and sisters, voices of our classmates and friends at school and church. All of these are important voices and worth paying attention to.

But there's another voice I think is even more important than all these others, and that is your own inner voice. It's a voice that grows right out of the deepest part of you. It's not exactly like hearing a voice like you are hearing my voice right now. Perhaps it's like a voice whispering inside you. Or, sometimes, like Samuel, it might even sound like it's coming from outside you.

Now, I don't personally think it's the voice of a god, but I do think of it as the voice of our own deepest self, which in its way is as important as the voice of god. It's certainly a voice worth listening for and paying attention to.

As you children grow older you can learn to listen for this voice that belongs to you and is somewhow a part of you. More and more you can get clearer on what is your voice in the midst of all the other voices around you. You can try to figure out what this voice is saying to you and what meaning it has for you.

So that's the story of Samuel and the voice that called to him.

Reading

I just told the children a story about the importance of paying attention to their own inner voice. I also have a more adult version relating to paying attention to your inner voice, a poem by Robinson Jeffers titled, “Advice to Pilgrims.”

Again, who is this Jeffers? Why should we trust him over Scripture?

That our sense lie and our minds trick us is true, but in general
    They are honest rustics; trust them a little;
    The sense more than the mind, and your own mind more than another man’s.

What about Matthew, Mark, Luke & John? Proverbs 3:5.

As to the mind’s pilot, intuition, --
    Catch him clean and stark naked he is first of truth-tellers; dream-clothed, or dirty
    With fears and wishes, he is prince of liars.
    The first fear is of death: trust no immortalist. The first desire
    Is to be loved: trust no mother’s son.
    Finally I say, let demagogues and world-redeemers babble their emptiness

The Messiah was the son of the Virgin Mary, taught 'Eternal Life', and tried to bring redeeming salvation to all the world (John 3:16, 12:32).

To empty ears; twice duped is too much.
    Walk on gaunt shores and avoid the people; rock and wave are good prophets;
    Wise are the wings of the gull, pleasant her son.

“JOURNEY OF RENEWAL: THE CALL”

Review

This is the third part of a seven part sermon series titled “Journey of Renewal.” It began two weeks ago with an overview of the journey based on a late-life poem of Robert Frost titled, “Directive,” a poem that “directed” the life-traveler backward through the difficult and barren places of a life to a spring of water that was the original source of one’s vitality. Here, with a broken cup like the Grail cup that was hidden in the arch of an old cedar tree and taken from a children’s playhouse, the individual was once again able to refresh his or her life by drinking from that original source of one’s life-energy.

<rest of page + 10 more pages of text>

3. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

UU is apostasy in its purest form. Truth is not even what you think it is for them. It is whatever they want it to be at the moment. I have some good friends who are UU. They are also lesbian.

Neo-paganism, the end of the Rom 1 continuum - do not like to retain God in their knowledge, at least not the God of the Bible. All of the other gods are Ok with them, just not the God who has clearly spoken as to what is right and what is wrong. Truth is all relative, to how I feel and you feel and how anyone may happen to feel at that particular moment. They are nice people. But, geese in a snowstorm — that will one day be a firestorm.