1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

saved with tracts?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by timothy 1769, Mar 11, 2003.

1. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

hi everyone,

did any tracts figure in your salvation? what was the tract like? how did you receive it?

2. RebelBaptist

RebelBaptist New Member

I know that many people don't like them, but I read the Chick tract, "This Was Your Life" some time back, and it began me on the road which led to my conviction of sin, repentance, and acceptance of Jesus Christ.

From the Southland,
    Rebel [><]

3. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

4. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

My first encounter with the Gospel was thru some tracts someone left in the ladies room at a rest area, somewhere in the plains states. I have a picture of the rest area. I threw away the tracts, and specifically remember being offended by them. I took the picture of my sister holding my neice, and we left. Three years later I cried out to the Lord to show me the truth, and I recalled the tracts He had left for me. I still look at the picture and my foolish move that day.

5. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

wow. praise god [​IMG]

6. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went to college with a young man who was saved as a result of a gospel tract being placed on the windshield of his car. He was Roman Catholic prior to his conversion.

He called the phone number on the tract, came to church, and trusted the Lord. He went on to Bible College and is now serving the Lord as a Missionary to Brazil. His name is Sean Lunday.

I place a big emphasis on passing out tracts, leaving a tract at the restaurant, including a tract in your bill payment etc...

God says His Word will not return to Him void. Who knows what seed might be planted by a gospel tract that can be watered at some point down the line.