1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured SBC President's pronouncement on 'Black Lives Matter' slogan

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, Jun 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical J.D. garbage.
    I say Native Pride!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Katarina Von Bora

Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    More nonsense from Greear. There must be a competition going on between Greear and Andy Stanley. I have lost all respect for the leadership of the SBC.

Someone should ask Dave Miller how his Racism taskforce, didn't get anything done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like PC to me - I am not PC - I am politically right!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is a sheep following a myth that has no foundation nor clear evidence. BLM is a disgusting organization that is anti-family, unAmerican, and ungodly

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Such a sad thing. Until this past week I didn't know there were so many racists at the BB. Now you are all coming out of the closet.
    May our Lord and Savior bring such attitudes to full repentance.

I say it loud and clear. Black Lives Matter.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you studied the ungodly doctrines of Black Lives Matter?

This is doctrinally an anarchist movement.

Why would All Lives Matter not be a much more reasonable mantra? It is all inclusive. Certainly more people would be on board with it, as all could identity with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really don’t need this guy pontificating on right/wrong political issues... particularly if he is claiming to represent God. What does he think, that Christians are not sensitive to the plight of others or that we should prioritize Christian values?!? Or was this another PC photo op for some talking head??? Wow, just wow!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All lives have significance to Christ, who does not discriminate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want to address the real issues regarding racism in America. I think Baptist churches could lead on this issue with a biblical worldview. I am sad to see racism from some Christians, it is wrong and demands church discipline. At the same time I am against merging with a nonChristian political movement in Black Lives Matter, a movement which seems hostile to the Gospel philosophically.

For instance, I saw this in my Facebook feed:

Jason T. Whitaker

I shared the meme with this introduction:

Very true...though the key difference is our ultimate enemies have no flesh and blood, which changes things immensely. We are not rising up to kill our human enemies, we are rising up to save them. The meme is thus wrong but in a deeper way.

I think we have been doing a good job on this Baptist Board with the theology of racism here:

What is the Christian theological response to racism?

I want to discuss the grievances of African Americans, and others that I know of such as the disabled and orphan, that can be corrected using political forces here:

How Do We Make Sure Everyone Has the Opportunity to Live the American Dream?

Unfortunately, I have seen at least one racist post here on the BB. But it seems most people mean well.

12. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not referring to an organization. I am referring to the racist behavior of a system that gives privileges to white skin and provides unjust actions against those with black skin. Black lives matter. I very openly proclaim this truth.
    As for the organization...I couldn't care less about it as it doesn't have ownership of the phrase.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly, many Christians are not sensitive to the plight of their black skinned brothers and sisters and thus they do not show Christian values.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, but Jesus left the 99 to save the one who was in danger. Is it right for the 99 to whine like they're being left out when the one needs attention?
    My goodness, the response of "all lives matter" is a copout from working to help save the one.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The so called plight is a myth and fails any standard to determine it is axiomatic

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That exemplifies a gross ignorance that needs exposing, and which many blacks are indeed doing. But will you begin listening for a change?

17. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a tone deaf statement guided by spiritual blinders. Yes, black lives matter, but not to Black Lives Matter. Black Lives Matter is a terrorist organization, perverse at its core, subversive to the core.
    And you most certainly did mindlessly reference the organization. How about instead saying the more encompassing, "All Black Lives Matter," or "Every Black Life Matters"? Go proclaim it loudly at their riots, oops, I mean "rallies," and see how well you are received. Perhaps then you will no longer be so deceived.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Katarina Von Bora

Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, but this is a bit of rant.

Many Christians? Got a number to support this statement? Public schools, housing authorities, affirmative action, preferences for blacks over whites. I believe that government has done much to level the playing field. For heaven's sake, we have had a two-term black president. Black citizens have conquered every field in the arts and sciences. We have a black supreme court justice and a black 4 star general. They have done so by determination and hard work despite obstacles. They are a proud people and I personally have enormous respect for them. I was married to a black man for almost 18 years. Cancer took his life. Before his death, he too rose to dramatic heights after growing up on Taylor Street in Chicago, and the Robert Taylor homes another public housing in Chicago. He was a man of great virtue and even greater intelligence. He loved our children, and he loved the church. He spent a great deal of time teaching our children that they should grow to become honorable people, obtain a great education and putting Jesus Christ first in their lives.

Thugs in the street both white and black do not have my respect. We do have police officers that shouldn't be police officers. If they are found guilty, they should reap the consequences.

In the end, none of this is about racist cops. It's about Donald Trump. The liberals will do anything to destroy this country in favor of Marxist rule. Trump didn't bring the corona virus to us, China did. Trump didn't start these protests, sinful people did.

Churches need to step up and teach the Bible instead of politics. Mine does.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And then there are those who refuse to be considered second class in their hearts, in their minds, in their souls, whichever you wish to call it, and there are those who use misfortune to educate and elevate themselves. And that is still the choice of those who succeed and overcome. If I believe in any Deity I would thank Him and bless Him for this liberty of choice, for otherwise we would be slaves indeed.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it happened on trumps watch and he stumbled badly in the beginning, minimizing the virus, giving false information.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.