1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SBC RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE “REVOICING RESOLUTIONS” -SUBVERTING SOUTHERN BAPTIST

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jun 14, 2019 at 10:36 AM.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CRITICAL RACE THEORY/ INTERSECTIONALITY AND ANTI REVOICE RESOLUTIONS TURNED INTO SUPPORT OF THE VERY ISSUES THEY CONDEMNED

The author of the original Critical Race Theory/ Intersectionality resolution condemning CRT has come forward and exposed that the Committee who reviews the submissions actually altered his resolution to affirm it .

Capstone Report/ Alan Atchison broke this story the day following the SBC Convention .

SBC RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE “REVOICING RESOLUTIONS” -SUBVERTING SOUTHERN BAPTIST

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew the SBC had fallen head first into the crapper when it reelected J.D. The rest is just sprinkles on top.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not uncommon for resolutions committees to rewrite resolutions, often watering them down in a way that makes them more likely to pass (or at least so it seems to me). BUT have they ever rewritten before to completely alter the meaning to the opposite?

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know but that did with Resolution # 9

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Albert Mohler, re: Resolution 9 at #SBC19: "Both critical race theory and intersectionality are a part of the continuing transformative Marxism... I did not want the resolution to say less than it said. I wanted it to say more than it said. I wanted it to acknowledge more clearly the origins of critical race theory and intersectionality."