1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

School makes boy take American Flag off bike...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rbell, Nov 12, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Public School in California. Figures.

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-americanflagbike11122010,0,3045879.htmlstory

Maybe if he's lucky, there will be rights left to defend when he's old enough to join the military. Of course, in the People's Republic of California, it is unlikely (especially in the "public" schools) that any of these rights will be allowed for students (at least the law-abiding ones).

Fortunately, just like cockroaches when the lights are turned on, the idiots that made this decision scattered and had a sudden change of heart when the spotlight was put on them:

Ah yes...covering one's own backside...a near-art form for public school administrators...

In a pig's eye, you are. You view the American Flag as a security risk, you incompetent boob...

...they especially want to make an environment that is safe for bullies to antagonize patriotic students. They've done a great job on that front. Let's give him a raise! What's 10% of a half-million?

Wow...what a radical concept...let's go after the troublemakers! Amazing! Give this guy a prize for being such a genius!

Sheesh....and folks wonder why we have so many homeschool threads...

2. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

If I were liberal, and found myself politically on the same with people that think like this, I would really have to question my support, that helps empower such actions.

3. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The USA flag stands for something. As it means American spirit and Old Glory. Sadly, people complain and make deals out of small things. They need to realize that the flag stands for much more. Like freedom, honor, and glory! Need I say more!

4. targus

targus New Member

Denair Middle School - Del Rio, California

Who would have complained I wonder.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

The morons who told the boy to remove the flag? I say send them to San Diego, and let them clean up the vomit off the disabled Carnival ship.

They're more suited for that job than teaching.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one but the superintendent, it seems:

"The superintendent, Edward Parraz said he asked the boy to remove it to avoid “racial tension” that he felt would inevitably result from Hispanic students responding to the American flag with their own Mexican flags."

He was afraid his 6th graders would retaliate. Funny. I bet there's and American flag flying in front of the school and it's a good bet those same students recite the pledge of allegiance to that flag. The problem was the super, all by his lonesome.

#6 carpro, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010
  7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Unpatriotic Students--you didn't read it?