1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

School Threatened, Punished Boy Who Opposed Gay Adoption

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Christos doulos, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Christos doulos

Christos doulos New Member

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I hate forced tolerance. We're supposed to tolerate anything and everything but religion and religious principles.

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

What's so horribly wrong is what was done to this young man. If everything in the article is accurate. From what I gather, we don't know his opinion, even if he had formed one on this issue, prior to writing that piece.

On many issues, I can take a pro or con stance for the sake of an article. I have often played devil's advocate in order to get folks to think about where they actually stand on a topic. To write either an "I hate chocolate" or "I love chocolate" article may not reveal my personal feelings about chocolate. Even though I enjoy the stuff, writing about what's wrong with it isn't hard to do with a little research.

We are being forced into a secular mold of conformity that's leading to a one world belief system (I won't use the word religion here) and one world government. Anything that goes against that is being labeled intolerant, hate speech, terrorist, and a host of other labels that are starting to carry legal punishment for them. How far away are we from history repeating itself? When a person could be burned at the stake for owning a copy of the Bible.

4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No surprise here. The Judeo-Christian worldview is no longer dominate in western culture. It has been replaced by an individualistic worldview, but the Apostles warned of such times. My 12yr old nephew picked up on the hippocracy of the school promoting anti-bullying and tolerance but at the same time ridiculing those who hold to a Biblical faith.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't get it.

Wasn't the boy asked to write the con point of view and wasn't it printed next to the pro point of view? Didn't an adult sponsor of the school paper make this assignment?

I'd like to kick this superintendent in the seat of his pants!

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is quite possible that his views were already known and that he might have been set up specifically so he could be punished for his Christian views?