1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Science and Tech Smarts Quiz - How Smart R U?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 11, 2013.

1. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Oh NOW you admit it with a defense to boot now that you've been caught. You led others on as if you gave the actual answer. As an IT man and a college grad, you certainly could have known that answer, and you never gave the impression that you didn't when Q responded to you. Plus, the "doctorate in sub particles" was a totally unrelated and separate post, and that post was obvious. This one was not.

And it wasn't just a "cut and paste". You cut and pasted, passed the view off as your own, and did not give the author or citation and made no attempt to clarify that it wasn't yours. THAT is what plagiarism is.

That's twice in one week.

#21 DrJamesAch, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

SN, you had me excited that you were a physicist. I have great intellectual respect for physicists. Physics is actually "math on steroids". The actual answer to the indefinite integral of e^x is simply e^x +c, where c is some constant of integration.

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

That's the answer I got, too. But my doctorate is an honorary degree from a Bible College.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You answered 13 of 13 questions correctly.

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

You answered 13 of 13 questions correctly.

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :laugh:

6. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! My age demographic did the worst on 12 of 13 questions, tied for worst on the other. However, I have the benefit of college, so did okay (like agedman.)

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Whatever you say. Yes, I am an IT person, and yes, I do know calculus enough to do my former job. The whole post was patterned after you. Phoney degree, phoney theological knowledge.

8. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

This is my kind of math:

[​IMG]

10. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    13 for 13. Noted only 27% of folks got most gas on earth question.

11. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs:

Deacon, does the parabola indicated by the expression open up or down? Here is a slightly more challenging question, what would be the coordinates of the vertex for this parabola be (assuming the expression is actually an equation set to zero).

:) Have fun

#31 quantumfaith, Jul 12, 2013
  12. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well heaven is a high place.

I've never found any fun in mathematics - I'm an Arithmetophobic (which is either math anxiety or a fear of rats in hats).

Fortunately the only equations I use now are well worn formulas that I can solve in my sleep.

Rob

#32 Deacon, Jul 12, 2013
  13. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Oh I'm quite sure you anticipated my commenting on a thread about physics and calculus. "OK George." That would be precisely the thread in which you thought you could post on where nobody would notice because it isn't a subject very many people have much knowledge of. Had I not suspected you plagiarizing that answer, I would have never knew the answer to the equation myself!

But thanks to your deliberately trying to pull the wool over someones eyes about your knowledge of physics, since I tracked down the source of your plagiarism I now know one more thing about physics I didn't know before.

Keep plagiarizing! I'll be a physics expert before the year is over with :)

14. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I'm a retired machinist, but I managed to get 13 out of 13 correct.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is a difference between sarcasm and plagiarism. The second is stealing. So what else have you taken that does not belong to you besides information in posts?

16. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

That wasn't sarcasm at all. No smiley faces, no exclamation at all. There was nothing in that comment that didn't indicate you were serious about the post you made. You made it matter-of-factly. You relied on those who knew you have some IT background to believe you could possible know the answer to the question, and figured that on such a thread as this there will not be very many posters following something about physics so you didn't think somebody would check your post.

You didn't admit it was cut and pasted until AFTER I called you out on it.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Several posters caught you in pure plagiarism. I have been here over seven years and have never once done so. On top of that, your posts are nothing but garbage. I have seen lots of people in that amount of years, and nothing comes close to you.

Aside from being theologically challenged, the picture you paint of God is a half powerful, half knowledgeable, something less than omnipresent that needs man's will to accomplish his purposes. That is pathetic.

You constantly claim being the martyr for your ethnic background. Had you not ever told anyone, no one would have known. Really, no one cares. If you really believed in NT principles, the comments about the ham would not have bothered you. It is just another tool to create strife.

Every post of your is permeated with meanness, strife, in other words, everything the Holy Spirit is not. Nothing about you rings genuine.

18. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please.....

.....this OP has been hi-jacked or derailed, and I'd appreciate it if those who want to discuss an issue that is not akin to this fun quiz, to start their own OP and carry this conversation on over there!

It is only fair to return this OP to its original intent!

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sorry for my part. This guy drives me up the wall, and needs to disappear.

20. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I completely understand!

I had a person like that, who has since been banned! Just pray, those who do not belong here will be led away by their own doing, or God's intervention!

I can see your frustration, but, there seem to be many others who feel as you do!