1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Science Education and Creation

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Administrator2, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Administrator2

Administrator2 New Member

BAYLOR52279
    For those who have, are or will go to college (or anyone else interested), what are your thoughts/experiences with how you were taught on the theory of origins?(evolution by natural selection, creation science, both, etc.)

WEBMASTER
    In my case evolution was presented as fact and creation was ridiculed
    That is until I put in my cents

BAYLOR52279
    Where did you go to school, and what is your definition of the type of creation that was ridiculed. Are you referring to YEC, OEC, progressive creationism, ID, etc.?

TJACORN
    I presently attend a secular university and in one of my classes the teacher asked how many believed in evolution and there where a surprisingly few kids who raised their hands (less than 10 out of 50). However, because it is an engineering school the majority of the students tend to be more conservative then at other schools.

THE BARBARIAN
    Where I went to college, the scientific view of evolution was offered. But in the one course in evolution I took, a creationist was invited in to speak to us about his beliefs.
    The professor who taught the course was a very committed Christian, and although he was very much the scientist, I think he wanted to present the creationist side so we would know about it.