1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SCRIPTURAL PROOF FOR ROMAN CATHOLICISM!!!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by rbrent, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

Bob, do you think Ellen White is the pure woman of Rev 12? How do you reconcile your belief with the outright hostility of her Adventist devotees toward true Christians, as described in Rev 17?

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Two key areas -
    #1. massive slaughter of Christians over a period of centuries during the dark ages as predicted in scripture.

#2. Doctrinal errors (paganism in fact) - introduced as part of the Dark Ages.

Both of these facts have already been shown on this board to be admitted to by their own historians.

So it is "not so confusing" that a Catholic chould not "see it".

(though one or two non-Catholics here pretend not to understand the details when an RC source is quoted).

In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wrong.

The "our Father" is the ONLY one of the prayers in the Rosary that actually IS a legitimate prayer.

The Holy Mary - was not a prayer - it is simply turned into a prayer to the dead by the RCC.

The Hale Mary was not a prayer - it is simply turned into a prayer to the dead by the RCC.

The Hale Queen is pure fiction.

Why would you expect to argue these with a non-Catholic as a "given" example of "good respectable prayers"?

The assumption of Mary is the myth that after dying she was rasied and bodily assumed into heaven. The "problem" with it is that there are NO first or second century testimonies from the Church saying that anything of the kind happened.

WE DO have testimony of people being raised from the dead in the first century AND we have the testimony in Heb 11 about Enoch being translated without seeing death. But NO word at all about this happening to Mary. The RCC simply invents it many centuries later.

The "argument" that they use is NOT historic "sources" but the "Sinless like Christ" argument so therefore "raised like Christ".

Which is an argument flawed from the very start.

No. And neither does the RCC teach that all Christians are bodily assumed into heaven upon their death as was Mary.

How do you expect to make that point?

She is the Mother of Jesus - the HUMAN nature of Christ. She did not "create" nor "generate" nor "produce" the second Person of the Godhead.

Rather GOD places the pre-existing second Person of the Godhead - ALREADY alive from eternity into that human form.

Mary had "no ability" to "pro-create God".

In Christ,

Bob

4. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

What's the name of this pernicious heresy, that Jesus was a mere man first, with His Godly nature added in later? Is it Nestorianism, I just can't remember?

5. Meercat

Meercat New Member

#1) The Pope ISN'T GOD!

as for the others, please abreviate your post one topic at a time so we can go step by step TOGETHER on this, 'k? - God bless! - Meercat

Ps. I DO appreciate your sincere desire to keep to the teachings of Jesus. Please feel free to e-mail me privately if you should have any more questions on the Catholic Faith. Anything you e-mail me in private, I hereby give you permission to post on this forum so long as it is accurage word for word in its entirety. - God bless!

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What's the name of this pernicious heresy, that Jesus was a mere man first, with His Godly nature added in later? Is it Nestorianism, I just can't remember? </font>[/QUOTE]Is this your way of referencing the zygote? Are you claiming Mary had the ability to pro-CREATE God?

Are you interested in a name for that heresy?

In Christ,

Bob

7. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

8. Meercat

Meercat New Member

rbrent-

Hello and God bless!

I want to personally assure you that the Rosary is NOT based on Hinduism, Budhism, or any other "ism". If it were, I would strongly and soundly reject it!

Allow me to give you a brief overview of it.

The first five decades deal with the annunciation where Gabriel announces to Mary that she has been chosen by God to give birth to Our Saviour, the SECOND five decades deal with the "sorrowful mysteries" such as Christ's agony in the garden of Gethsamene, His scourging at the hands of the Romans, His crowning of thorns, His carrying His cross, and His death on that cross.
    The THIRD five decades deal with the "glorious mysteries" They are: Christ's resurrection of from the dead, His ascension, Pentecost (as found in the book of Acts), Mary's assumption into Heaven, NOT to be confused with the ascension because she had no power to do this, but it's what we ALL await, and her being crowned "Queen of Heaven". I know this last one will probably be the most contentious, but do we not ALL await of crown upon our arrival in Heaven? And since in the Old Testament times the queen of Israel was never the wife, but the mother, and Jesus is THE King of Kings and Lord of Lords, it's not really that big of a stretch at all to consider Mary Queen of Heaven.
    Oh yeah, I "shortchanged" you on the "joyful mysteries". They are the annunciation as I already mentioned, the "visistation" when Mary is greeted by Elizabeth who is filled with the Holy Spirit upon Mary's arrival, and you know the rest, I hope, the third joyful mystery is the "birth of Our Lord", then the Presentation of Jesus in the temple, and then His finding in the Temple respectively. Recently the Pope added another five decades known as the Mysteries of Light. They are: Jesus' baptism in the river Jordan, the wedding feast at Cana, the Proclamation of the Kingdom of God, the Transfiguration of Christ, and the Institution of the Eucharist known to you as the Last Supper.

The rosary follows the life of Christ and His mother and is a very reflective/meditative prayer that is very much Christ centered AND biblical.

Meditate on that for awhile and put any hostility you have for the Catholic faith aside and just pray about it. God bless! - Michelle

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The life of Christ???
    The repetititve "prayers" of the rosary do not name the name of Christ even once. Their repetition of the "Hail Mary"s is odious in the sight of God, as well as the vain repetion of the Lord's Prayer. Both are condemned by Jesus in Matthew 6:6,7

To meditate on the rosary is sin, so, no thank you. The Bible commands us to meditate on the Word of God. If you were obedient to the Bible, you would throw away the pagan rosaries and meditate on the Word of God.

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Psalms 1:1-2 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
    2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
    DHK

10. Meercat

Meercat New Member

DHK-

I don't know the "netiquette" form for take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth, but you get the picture.

All you did was "rant" against what I had to say without providing ANY relevant information that I can "digest". Basically, your response to me was like unto a "knee-jerk" reaction. Try again, this time with a LITTLE more respect please. You see, I don't have a problem with your disagreeing with me, just in the manner you do so. It's about RESPECT! Please let us maintain respect for our differing views even in the midst of disagreement. That is all I ask. Thanks in advance and God bless! - Meercat

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is nothing respectful about idolatry.
    There is nothing respectful about praying to the dead--necromancy.
    There is nothing respectful about that which Jesus condemns--using vain repetitions as the heathen do.
    There is no respect in using a pagan rosary when the Bible commands us to meditate on the Word of God.
    There is no respect in giving glory to Mary, when the Bible says that all glory goes to Jesus Christ; Who alone is worthy of praise, adoration and worship.
    DHK