1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured SDA: Cult of Fear-Mongers

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Apr 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Are you saying Jesus Christ did not know the saved condition of Adam, Eve, Abel, Enoch, Noah, Moses, Elijah (who was taken up to Heaven), or any of those sheep of whom He said, "My sheep hear my voice. I know them and they follow me? (John 10:27).

Also, consider another pertinent verse, "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his" (2 Timothy 2:19).

Furthermore, by declaring the third automatically condemned, you are assuming Jesus knew infallibly they would not or did not repent. Therefore, they stand condemned upon their death.

But if Jesus knew who, exactly, would not or did not repent, He also knew who would or did repent by the time they died.

The foreknowledge of Christ is not divided, able to foresee only certain things. The Lord knew all who would or would not believe before the creation.

Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world (Acts 15:18).

Mankind is the work of God, as is every individual ever born.

Thus, He had no justifiable or biblical reason to wait until 1844 to determine their saved or unsaved condition. Such anti-biblical reasoning is that of a false prophetess.

Do you not see the untenable position you and your cult hold?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Red Herring. God's foreknowledge of the outcome of the Investigative Judgment, does not negate the event of the Investigative Judgment.

3. Protestant

You continue to view Scripture through the distorted lens of EGW.
    Like Ellen, you and your cult brethren have a misguided view of God's attributes.
    It was 1800 years before 1844 that Christ declared He knew His sheep.
    Now, if He knew His sheep, He also knew who were not His sheep.
    Christ's knowledge is not divided nor limited. He is omniscient.
    This basic truth is Christianity 101.
    But for those who have been deceived, it is impossible to be objective when facing the truth, unless the sovereign grace of God intervenes. May that be the case for you and Hobie.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Protestant

Our Maori Adventist friend is not answering my biblical responses to the illogical, unbiblical doctrine of the Investigative Judgment due to one of two reasons:
    (1) He is currently reviewing Scripture like a good Berean to see if those things be so;
    or (2) He is unable to refute the divine logic of Holy Writ and is currently in hiding.

The Adventists ask if it is true the Roman Church banned the Bible.
    I ask the Adventists if it is true the Adventist Church banned the truths of the Bible to whose Word they claim to hold.

Here is a partial list of their banned Bible truths:

Absolute Predestination of the Elect to glory before creation
    Unconditional Election according to the good pleasure of God, without respect to works
    Saving Grace the gift of God to the Elect only
    Saving Faith the gift of God to the Elect only
    Repentance the gift of God to the Elect only
    Atonement effective for the Elect only
    Good works are acceptable to God when performed by the Elect only, who were created unto good works in Christ Jesus
    Elect cannot lose salvation
    Elect know they are saved, not on probation
    Elect cannot be deceived by false prophets
    Unconditional Immortality of the Soul
    Eternal damnation of both body and soul of the Reprobate
    God knew who would believe before creation because they, and they alone, were decreed to be the recipients of saving grace
    God loved the Elect from eternity
    God hated the Reprobate from eternity
    The Lamb's Book of Life was written before the foundation of the world
    The false doctrines of soul sleep and annihilation give comfort to the Reprobate, for it eliminates the horrendous ineffable pain which Jesus so clearly and unambiguously describes as unending.
    OT Sabbath-keeping Law did not win the Jews favor with God anymore than it does Adventists, for without faith it is impossible to please God. The Law is not of faith.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The IJ does indeed fly in the face of OSAS, IG, etc.

6. Protestant

Please elaborate what are the 'etc.' as well as what 'IG' signifies.

There are several other issues orthodox Christians have with SDA besides those which I have elaborated.

1. The SDA religion grew out of the Millerite movement, Miller being a false prophet.

2. EGW is also a false prophet who claims the unique favor of God, through alleged visions and revelations made only to her. Yet she has a distorted and anti-biblical view of the Trinity, man, history, and theology.

3. God's Word clearly states, But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence (1 Timothy 2:12). The [alleged] writings of EGW are held as the infallible interpretation of Scripture, whose authority is not to be questioned. Extensive study of her authoritative writings is essential to Adventist discipleship.

By God's sovereign grace, ex-Adventists are exposing the lies and inconsistencies of their once beloved religion.

My posts have refuted several lies by doing basic research which all Christians are called to do when confronting claims made by those who offer no proof but their say-so.

Adventism is a fairy tale religion which, like all pseudo-Christian religions, profess Christ, while at the same time deny Christ.

This is the classic definition of Anti-Christ: One who comes in the name and authority of Christ, while at the same time opposing the truths of Christ.

In modern lingo: Anti-Christ is a frenemy of Christ.

EGW fits the description, as does the Pope of Rome.

Leaving a false religion requires the all-powerful irresistible grace of God.

May that grace be extended to you and your family.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have been sealed by Holy Spirit, and Jesus stated that NONE who believe in Him will ever lose eternal life! We are right now Justified and fully forgiven by God, all already passed that "judgement"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the Bible itself! Its another false Gospel!

9. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Conflation. The Bible is not equal to OSAS, IG, etc.

10. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What text do you specifically refer to?

11. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The key word in that sentence of yours and the scriptural text you imply, is "believeth". People can choose to stop believing at any time they so choose, that's why it is called 'faith'.

12. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The IJ doesn't negate being Justified or 'fully forgiven by God' at all, and if you think it does, you do not properly understand the IJ doctrine, which seems to be the case with you and others.

Forgiveness can be revoked, Matthew 18, etc. Justification is a position in standing before God. It is not un-do-able by one's self.

13. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Which text do you specifically refer to?

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We Baptists do not elevate anyone to be infallible interpreter of the bible to us as sda does EW!

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ephesians 1:13-14!

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its the gift of God towards his own, so can never "lose it"

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus is right now in the most holy part of heaven, right hand of God the father, and all of the sins of His own were already blotted out!

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 5:24

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Protestant

Part 14: A Third Adventist Letter From the Dead

Dear Adventist Brothers and Sisters:

I realize though I were to return from the dead, you will not believe what I say. This is due to the Adventist teachings which undermine biblical truth.

I confess I am complicit in teaching fables, falsehood and fiction. As such I am without excuse.

In this letter I must warn you of another falsehood I perpetrated upon the gullible and ignorant. It is the same falsehood as that taught by the highly honored and respected Sabbath-breaker, Rev. Dr. Billy Graham: salvation of the heathen apart from faith in Christ.

In the January 1978 edition of McCall’s Magazine, an article entitled, ‘I Can’t Play God Anymore,’ Graham is quoted as saying, “‘I used to play God,' he acknowledged, 'but I can't do that anymore. I used to believe that pagans in far-off countries were lost - were going to hell - if they did not have the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached to them. I no longer believe that,' he said carefully. 'I believe that there are other ways of recognizing the existence of God - through nature, for instance - and plenty of other opportunities, therefore, of saying 'yes' to God.' "

I confess I, too, taught this God-dishonoring doctrine:

“Among the heathen are those who worship God ignorantly, those to whom the light is never brought by human instrumentality, yet they will not perish. Though ignorant of the written law of God, they have heard His voice speaking to them in nature, and have done the things that the law required. Their works are evidence that the Holy Spirit has touched their hearts, and they are recognized as the children of God" (The Desire of Ages, p. 638).

As to the orthodoxy or heterodoxy of this question, re: salvation apart from faith in Christ, I have had the last 105 years to contemplate the issue from all sides.

On the one side it paints God as the all-loving, compassionate Father to all His creatures.

However, on the other side, it denies the necessity of sending Christ as our Mediator/Redeemer. For if it were possible to be saved apart from Christ, would not the Father be far wiser and most compassionate by avoiding the crucifixion of His Son in the first place? The Gospel message should then include one’s good use of natural revelation as the means and measure of one’s worthiness to be saved. Yet the Bible teaches no such thing.

Upon more than a century of reflection, I realized that even if it were possible for a person to cease committing sin after receiving natural divine enlightenment, (and thereby place faith in the Creator), there still remains the problem of sin committed in the past.

The Bible clearly teaches the impossibility of man making atonement for sin. The Jews were guilty of such errant attempts (Romans 10). The heathens sacrificed to appease the gods (Acts 14). Monks and nuns would flagellate themselves to bring their flesh under subjection, a very feeble attempt at atonement.

Adventists have other ways of making atonement. They have been taught, by me, the necessity of keeping the commandments, as I interpret them, in order to be saved. They also believe by following strict dietary rules they are able to mortify their flesh.

But the Bible teaches the impossibility of man’s living a sinless life by flowing a specific set of rules.

For by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified (Romans 3:20; Galatians 2:16).

Favor is found with God only by looking to the crucified and risen Christ for acceptance, remission of sins and the power to live a holy life pleasing to the Lord.

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost (Titus 3:5).

Next time my Adventist brothers and sisters, I hope to expose the shame of Adventism.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bible is the infallible interperter (Genesis 40:8, 2 Peter 1:20), as even Ellen herself taught unto her dying day.

To say otherwise is to misrepresent the Seventh-day Adventist position, and Ellen's position (as both are in print for all the world to see).

Isaiah 8:20, and so on.

"... The great error of the Romish church is found in the fact that the Bible is interpreted in the light of the opinions of the "fathers." These opinions are regarded as infallible, and the dignitaries of the church assume that it is their prerogative to make others believe as they do. Those who do not agree with them are pronounced heretics. But the word of God is not thus to be interpreted. It is to stand on its own eternal merits, to be read as the word of God, which declares his will to the people. {AU Gleaner, June 9, 1909 par. 4} ..." - Australasian Union Gleaner, June 9, 1909, par. 4

"... A familiar acquaintance with the Scriptures sharpens the discerning powers, and fortifies the soul against the attacks of Satan. The Bible is the sword of the Spirit, which will never fail to vanquish the adversary. It is the only true guide in all matters of faith and practice. ..." - The Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, January 4, 1881, par. 27

"... The Bible, and the Bible alone, is the rule of faith and practice. ..." - 1888 Materials, page 1532.2

"... The Bible is our Counselor, and is to be obeyed. ..." - 13MR (No. 1027), page 191.1

"... The truth of the Christian religion depends upon the divine authority of the word of God. ..." - Paulson Collection, page 110.7

"... We should not allow any argument of man's to turn us away from a thorough investigation of Bible truth. The opinions and customs of men are not to be received as of divine authority. God has revealed in his word what is the whole duty of man, and we are not to be swayed from the great standard of righteousness. He sent his only begotten Son to be our example, and bade us to hear and to follow him. We must not be influenced from the truth as it is in Jesus, because great and professedly good men urge their ideas above the plain statements of the word of God. {RH, July 17, 1888 par. 12} ..." - The Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, July 17, 1888, par. 12

"... My cry has been, Investigate the Scriptures for yourselves, and know for yourselves what saith the Lord. No man is to be authority for us. If he has received his light from the Bible, so may we also go to the same source for light and proof to substantiate the doctrines which we believe. The Scriptures teach that we should give a reason of the hope that is within us with meekness and fear. . . . {9MR 217.2} ..." - 9MR (No. 731), page 217.2

"... Truth, Bible truth, is to become the authority for the conscience and the love and life of the soul. {10MR 315.4} ..." - 10MR (No. 829), page 315.4

"... The Word of God is your counselor; the Word of God is your authority. Be very careful how you bring anything weaker to take its place...." - 14MR (1109), page 186.1

"... Christ rebuked these practices in His day. He taught that the word of God was to be understood by all. He pointed to the Scriptures as of unquestionable authority, and we should do the same. The Bible is to be presented as the word of the infinite God, as [40] the end of all controversy and the foundation of all faith. {COL 39.1} ..." - Christ Object Lessons, page 39.1

#60 Alofa Atu, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.