1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Seeking God some of the Time

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Oct 9, 2023.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one comes to God unless he is regenerated by the Holy Spirit and granted the gifts of faith and repentance from dead works in the day of God's power(Psalms 110:3) - only then do God's elect come to Him.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More fiction in an effort to say we are sinning when in Christ. A fiction from the pit of Hades...

Note, once again, the many verses teaching lost seek God.
    Returning to topic, about about a half dozen separate verses have been cited where the lost seek God. None have been addressed as to the fact presented.

2 Chronicles 15:4,
    Psalms 34:4,
    Acts of the Apostles 13:7,
    Psalms 14:4-5,
    Matthew 23:13,
    Luke 13:24,
    Luke 18:24:25,​

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another fiction, as no one is regenerated, made alive, until they are placed by God into the spiritual body of Christ. Ephesians 2:5

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that you have not sinned this week?

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, I never sin in the eyes of God, but I think and do sinful things in my own eyes as enlightened by my Helper. Study 1 John, Sir...

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, then, evidently, you have a much higher view of yourself than I do of myself.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Non-germane response, as anyone who claims we suffer God's consequence for sin after we are "in Christ" does not know the pure gospel of Christ.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you consider chastisement to be a consequence?

Hebrews 12:7-11 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More non-germane response. God forgives and remembers no more FOREVER the consequences for our sinful behavior. Full stop. Why not answer my questions?

You still have not addressed 1 John 5:18.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You failed to answer my question. So, here it is again:

Do you consider chastisement to be a consequence?

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, 1 John 5:18 says Mr. KenH does not support scripture. I am tired of all these false doctrines being posted on our Christian board.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry I am not understanding what you are saying. In answer to my question - "Do you consider chastisement to be a consequence?" - was that a "yes" or a "no"?

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another obfuscation post.

Thread topic: Scripture says the lost seek God some of the time.
    Side topic: Scripture says those born anew do not sin.

Obfuscation topics: Must a person be regenerated to "have his faith credited as righteousness" Answer No
    Does someone who believes scripture have a "high opinion" of himself? Nope
    Do "your people" already belong to God in Psalms 110:3? Yes, thus non-Germaine
    Does Romans 3:11 say not one ever seeks God while unregenerate? Nope

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry I am not understanding what you are saying. In answer to my question - "Do you consider chastisement to be a consequence?" - was that a "yes" or a "no"?

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did KenH answer my questions? Nope. Why go off topic with yet another obfuscation topic?

1 John 5:18 (NASB)
    We know that no one who has been born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Here the idea is that in God's eyes born anew believers do not sin, because their sins, past, present and future have already been forgiven, thus God does not punish those "in Christ" with the consequence of sin. But to strengthen His children He does discipline His children. Pay no attention to those trying to count apples as oranges.

The real effort is to hide the fundamental truth of scripture, that lost people do at times seek God and put their trust in Christ.

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 11:6
    And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for the one who comes to God must believe that He exists, and that He proves to be One who rewards those who seek Him.

Is the first reward for the lost who believe God exists and so seek Him is God allowing them to find Him? I think so...