1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seeking the Lord's Will

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by BroTom64, Mar 15, 2020.

1. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am preaching this morning by invitation at Sweet Water Baptist Church in Sweet Water, Alabama. At the end of the service the congregation will vote on whether or not to call me to be their pastor.

Asking for the Lord to be Glorified in the Service.
    That the Message the Lord has for His people would be delivered clearly, empowered by the Holy Spirit.
    That the congregation would know the Lord will concerning the call for me to pastor Sweet Water.
    That I would know the Lord's will and follow His desire faithfully.
    That my current place of Service, Calvary Baptist Church in Meridian, MS would rest in the Lord's gracious hand and be lead by Him.

Thanks for the prayers,
    Bro Tom

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord carried us through a wonderful day. We meet with the Staff, Deacons and Members on Saturday afternoon/evening.
    I had a headache on the hour drive, which tapered off and then became a vision migraine. For those who have never experienced one, a vision migraine is not usually painful, your vision becomes blurry, it becomes difficult/impossible to read. Usually in my case they are brought on by stress.
    At the church I had prayer with the senior adult men who have met for years for prayer before Sunday School.
    After getting wired for sound I found a quiet place for prayer. The Lord took the migraine in time for the service.
    Wonderful time of worship. Good music, great participation.
    I preached 2 Timothy 1:1-2:3. Points listed below. The Church voted unanimously to call me as pastor. I accepted with with joy.
    Thank you all for your prayers!

What Do We Do? 2 Timothy 1:1-18
    In Light of the Virus fears what are we as Christians to do?
    Remember Who You Are 2 Timothy 1:1

Remember To Love and Prayer 2 Timothy 1:2-5

Remember Your Call 2 Timothy 1:6-9

Remember The Lord 2 Timothy 1:10-14

Realize Some Will Stumble 2 Timothy 1:15

Realize Some Will Stand 2 Timothy 1:16-18

Remember To Stand! 2 Timothy 2:1-3

Blessings!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The title of this post caught my eye & reminded me of an encounter with God re:making a DRASTIC alteration to my life.
    Many years ago, probably 20-25, I felt a subtle call to become a "lay pastor". My day job was a mechanical engineer, taught SS & was very content with life in general.
    I am the complete opposite of a "type A" person & hated being the focus of attention, being around too many people for very long, terrible at small talk etc. You get the picture
    This persistent pressure kept getting stronger & stronger w/time, and like Moses I told God all the reasons I could not do this job.
    No let-up!!!!
    Finally after about 6 weeks I surrendered with MUCH dread, but, to my amazement the next morning there was absolutely NO hint of that call.
    I'm firmly convinced that God just wanted me to yield to Him, like He did w/Abraham & Issac.
    I continued teaching SS til I got to the point that I could no longer do justice to the job due to memory problems.
    I last taught at age 80 (if I remember correctly:Laugh:Laugh), but stayed in the same class.
    I think one of, if not THE, greatest compliment I ever received was when a retired preacher visited the class, & after I finished I walked over to speak to him & he asked me if I was a retired preacher. To me that was a crowning comment that I truly thanked God for!!:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1