1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seminary student's climate change project is not SBC's

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Revmitchell, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you posted only indicates natural cycles. Nothing more. Nothing less.

2. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Here we go again! :BangHead: We just finished beating this dead horse on another thread. I said there, and I'll say here that the scientific evidence is irrelevant. As Stefan said, this is an issue of stewardship of the resources that God has given us. We owe it to our descendants of many generations to take care of the world that we have been given dominion over. How are you going to assert your belief that global warming is a lie: leave your lights on all night? buy a Hummer or some other gas guzzler? turn your AC down so you can have a fire in your fireplace in July (like Pres. Nixon did)? :D

Tim Reynolds

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't consider that a meaningful response. Ignoring facts does not change anything. There has been long term global warming. While some of it is caused by man most is probably natural in nature. Human causes would be things like over-farming in the mid-west during the late 19th century or forest clearing. These activities have long term effects on the environment which includes the climate. Denying that is denying the obvious. I have already talked about natural causes of global warming. Global warming has been a reality on this planet for thousands of years. Global warming is part of life on a planet that has been cursed by sin.

Global warming is a reality that is easily seen by looking at the numbers. You don't have to be a scientist, a theologian, or a historian to see that the earth is warming. How long with this warming trend last? Nobody knows. What are the causes of the warming trend? There are probably many causes (natural and manmade). Regardless of the causes, global warming is a reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.