1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seminary Trustees Fire Patterson Loyalist

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Jerome, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Candi Finch confirms termination by SWBTS

"A supporter of former Southwestern President Paige Patterson...Finch held the Dorothy Kelley Patterson Chair of Women's Studies, named for Patterson's wife."

"'Yesterday the @swbts trustees voted to fire me,' Finch tweeted Oct. 18."

"In their public general session, trustees adopted a motion from their Academic Affairs Committee "to sustain the action of the administration" on a "faculty disciplinary matter." The faculty member in question was not named, nor was the cause of the disciplinary matter."

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Candi Finch Out at Southwestern Seminary

"Finch’s faculty page has been removed from the seminary website. Interim President Jeffrey Bingham said in an e-mail she is 'no longer a member of the faculty at Southwestern.'"

"Finch also served as executive assistant to the first lady [Dorothy Patterson] at Southwestern before former President Paige Patterson was fired in May for past remarks deemed offensive to women. She defended Patterson in May after thousands of women signed a petition calling for his ouster"

3. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THE SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION IS UNDERGOING A SEISMIC SHIFT

This is all part of the takeover. Most parishioners I know seem to not know or care, & just go along every Sunday. The spirit that brought me to my church seems to have gone elsewhere. The pastor was tossed, & the new one came in armed with all the education & political correctness you could hope to find, if that is what you’re looking for. He painted a glowing picture of who he would be voting for at the convention, & made the other candidate look like a weak afterthought. I’m sure you know he voted for the winner. Woohoo. I have not been to church in a long time now, as family members still attend this church. It’s sad that political division has even taken away that, but I can’t go.

#3 Wingman68, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018