1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sen. Cruz Issues Statement on the FBI's Investigation of Secretary Clinton

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), chairman of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts, today issued the following statement in response to FBI Director James Comey’s recommendation that the Department of Justice not pursue criminal charges against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, despite her gross mishandling of classified information on private servers:

“While I have tremendous respect for the dedicated men and women of the FBI, I have serious concerns about the integrity of Director Comey’s decision, and how it threatens the rule of law.

“Director Comey has rewritten a clearly worded federal criminal statute. In so doing, he has come dangerously close to saying that grossly negligent handling of classified information should not result in serious consequences for high-level officials. In a nation where the rule of law is supposed to matter, this is troubling.

“Yesterday, Americans celebrated the 240th birthday of our Republic. We honored not only those who fought and died to defend our way of life, but the constitutional Republic for which they sacrificed. If we are to remain a beacon of hope and freedom for the rest of the world, it is incumbent upon us to ensure that we remain a nation of laws, and that our laws apply equally and fairly to us all. Under President Obama, we have seen the most politicized Department of Justice in history; I very much hope that politicization has not similarly corrupted the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I join my Senate Judiciary colleagues, including Chairman Grassley, in calling for public transparency of, and full access to, all the information that the FBI used to come to today’s dubious decision.”

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=2722

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ted's right this time. Some of Comey's statement:

"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now."

is tantamount to saying Hillary is above the rules but you'd better not try this, you'll be prosecuted if they "decide" to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

FBI Director Comey also said:

"Seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received... There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation."

And Hillary & Barack Obama? They just smile and smile...
    [​IMG]

4. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But that's ok. Right?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

This whole thing is stupid. The fact that we're still talking about what that woman did with here email is crazy. The fact that the FBI director holds a press conference to say that he isn't going to press charges is crazy. Then the fact that he goes on to make personal politically tinged comments is crazy when he should have been sticking to comments of the law during this unprecedented press conference about nothing.

Nothing but politics.