1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senate approves covid relief bill, which mostly goes to other things

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wingman68, Mar 6, 2021.

?
  1. You really need this money to stay afloat.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Money is good, yeah, I’ll take it.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I guess the check-is in the mail. Curious how many here actually need monetary relief from being harmed by covid.

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm on disability and my wife lost her job due to the economic slowdown.

• Prayers Prayers x 2
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A few months ago - Mrs. Salty went to Fla. Upon her return to NY, State Law required that she self quarantine for 14 days.
    Oh, she was exempted because she is an essential worker. Where does she work - at the children hospital!

So, no she lost no income.

Now, I am retired -but I do some part time sales - but very hard to see clients in person due to the C-virus.- So I lost potential income.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I dont need any stimulus money. Have not worked since 1998, and not needed to. Although did do odd jobs for people like fix their cars and houses, etc...
    Earned 2 corporate pensions, and at 62 now, I plan to take SS at 64 or 65. When I turned 60, I optioned to take my GlaxoSmithKline pension, as get this, the difference between taking at 60 ver 65 yrs old was only $25 per month better. Over 5 years that adds up quickly.

Our house has been paid for decades, we bought it in 1983, I have no car payments. Nothing really damaging health wise yet except I am type 2 diabetic and have high blood pressure. Believe me though, I am ready to GO and leave this evil age in which I live. Like Noah entering the ARK (Christ), by his action condemned the world.

Hebrews 11:7
    By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The thing most people ignore is that all of these stimulus checks are borrowed money. It has to be paid back to the Treasury. How will it be paid back? Increased taxes. There is no other way. Wage earners will get the bill. In the end you, your children, your grandchildren, and your great grandchildren will be paying for all these stimulus checks. This is not opinion, it is fact.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well the time of work is about over, so nothing will be paid back ever, is most certain. The debt will continue to rise, because debt makes for good end time economics, or was that democratic economics?

If Christ tarries, the worse part will be shorter, and the debt will keep growing, cause most don't have common sense in government, why debt is "really that bad".

What kind of work Satan will make people do is yet to be seen. People will have to pay off all the debt he has accrued from Babylon would be my guess. Paying the piper will be worse than any national debt.

7. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And also paid back by increased inflation, pay back yesterday's debt with today's less valuable dollars.

8. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saw a story today where Venezuela has a 1,000,000 bill in their currency which is worth .53 cents US currency. So a loaf of bread is 4,000,000? Can’t wait.

Dems don’t care. Forward. It’s a simple slogan that Obama loved. It’s a Marxist favorite. He thinks he’s too cool for school, & you are a nitwit, so he threw it around in your face. Alinsky tactics. It’s all they know, play now, pay later, or not. Blame someone else always seems to work for them. We are in deep stuff.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  10. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So Biden raises prices, then gives you some cash to pay for his higher prices, some crazy stuff they do for us in the government.
    Covid relief money will run out, long before higher gas prices will go down.
    They wont go down unless Trump is re-elected and our energy independence is secured again.
    We are now more dependent on the world market for energy, we are competing with other buyers for a limited amount of supply.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don’t worry. All is not lost. Those who loan the government money to dole out to us to then pay it back via higher taxes due to interest and inflation will make plenty of money. :Wink

• Friendly Friendly x 1