1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senate Intelligence Chairman: Bush Can Spy

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Enoch, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Link

It sickens me that our national security has been compromised because of this treacherous leak and the pursuit of those who are willing to play the victim.

2. elijah_lives

elijah_lives New Member

It sickens me also that those who leaked this and participated in exposing it (NYT) will not be punished anywhere close to the level of the damage that has been done to our national security. Encouraging more leaks.

Am I the only one who thinks we should divide into two countries? Liberals in one, the rest of us in the other? When you have national security being used as a political football by one faction, endangering ALL of us, it is time to end it, somehow.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Sickens me that everyone is willing to live under a globalist dictatorship. Man, the globalists send a couple of their propagandists out to their media friends to plant misdirection and people swallow it hook line and sinker. Enter Rod Serling. This isn't America anymore this is the twilight zone.

[ February 04, 2006, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: poncho ]

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

As I've said before this is a battle being waged in the minds of man, about good vrs. evil, and the global fight is to align forces to fight against the Lord Jesus Christ on the field of Armagedden.

This nation is being properly lined up to side completely with the enemies of Israel, and as soon as the Rapture takes out the believers, the measure of restraint we currently contribute on this nation will be gone.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Much ado about nothing. [​IMG]

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

This is a point similar to the one I am trying to discuss on the Politics Forum.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is sad that Senator Roberts has come down on the side of those who want to eat away at our civil liberties guaranteed by the U.S. constitution.

8. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

This is a point similar to the one I am trying to discuss on the Politics Forum. </font>[/QUOTE]No, OldRegular, you are asking someone to defend the straw man that you created.

Nice try, though......

BiR

9. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Is wiretapping a "core constitutional authority" of the President? Where does the Constitution authorize the Executive branch to spy on US citizens?

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The constitution was amended to include.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

The president can legally spy on American citizens provided he has a warrant as per the fourth amendment.

And there is still the question of the president being commander in chief without a formal declaration of war. I personally don't believe an authorization to use force is the same as formal declaration of war.

In this case Pat Roberts is acting as a propagandist to confuse the issue and the people, same a NSA "expert" General Hayden who said the words probable cause aren't even in the fourth amendment.

By turning this into a witch hunt for the "leaker" it takes our eyes off any possible criminality being perpetrated by the White House. Classic misdirection. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this was leaked on purpose just to get the misdirection and confusion rolling along.

[ February 05, 2006, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: poncho ]

11. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

You can posture, call names, point your fingers, cry, and do all the rest and it is still not only legal but GWB's responsibility to protect us, even from you and your destructive mindsets.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah right, the globalists are destroying our republic yet I'm the one with the destructive mindset. Oh brother. :rolleyes:

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

BTW, I knew that was going to come out sooner or later.

Poncho disagrees with Dubya :eek: he must be with Al Qaida, yeah man we should string him up and make an example of him! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Once again proving how effective the globalist propaganda machine really is. ;)

14. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Your far beyond simple disagreement. I am in disagreement. You are on the side of the leftist Democrats that are demanding the destruction of this administration at any cost, even if it means destroying our intelligence gathering capabilities. The leftists have levied a non stop political barage of lies and innuendos against the GWB admin. and not one single charge has shown any merit, not one. You have succeeded to leave Scooter Liggy twisting in the breeze, but only because you couldn't pin anything false charge on someone important. But you continue your political attacks, unrelentlessly in the hope that enough voters will somehow become indoctrinated to your way of thinking. I think that tactic is despickable and at this time, treasonous.

15. elijah_lives

elijah_lives New Member

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I saw that one coming too. [​IMG]

Poncho disagrees with Dubya :eek: he's a liberal hack, yeah, lets string him up and make an example of him.

Don't you ever have anything original to say?

I'm going to swing the election, little ole me. [​IMG]

Even I could the voting would all take place on flawed electronic voting machines and another globalist would be installed. Again. It's not like we're given any choice to begin with. Here ya go America, make your best choice globalist D or globalist R remember a vote for a third party is not only unpatriotic and anti American it's a wasted vote. What a hoot.

I apologize Hillclimber this is just so funny I can't stop laughing. [​IMG]

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Treasonous???

[ February 05, 2006, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: C4K ]

18. elijah_lives

elijah_lives New Member

Concerning my last post ("ditto"): I will not accuse anyone of treason -- I'm too civil for that, and leave that to the judgement of others. My approval is for the rest of hillclimber's statement. [​IMG]

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Main Entry: trea·son
    Pronunciation: 'trE-z&n
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English tresoun, from Old French traison, from Latin tradition-, traditio act of handing over, from tradere to hand over, betray -- more at TRAITOR
    1 : the betrayal of a trust : TREACHERY
    2 : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family.

Treason is what the globalists have been doing by signing our national sovereignty away to a global "authority" and hiding the truth of that crime from the citizens it is the betrayal of a trust it's also unconstitutional.

Searching for the facts and speaking the truth is no more treason than trying to demonize and marginalize the opposition is honest.

20. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Yes treasonous. Many messages and outright statements made by the leftists here have been utilized by the enemies of the US to further their goals of terrorism. It's a fully known fact.

Look, I disagree with most of GWB's administrative decisions, but all that is completely overshadowed by his understanding and stance against terrorism. Terrorism is the issue for the 21st century, and he sees that. I'm quite sure we'll pull back out of that stance after the 2008 elections, but till then we need to deal with as many of those evil people as is possible. Then the downward slide really begins in earnest. Part of me hopes the Republicans aren't a part of that, but they will be.