1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Senior Adult Sunday

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by USN2Pulpit, Apr 16, 2013.

1. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Got a question for the group here: I'm in need of some ideas that I can execute quickly for Senior Adult Sunday.

What are some of the things that your churches have done to show appreciation for your seniors?

Not yet being a senior myself, what things would be appreciated?

Thanks, everyone.

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Last year, we had such a Sunday.

In no particular order of importance....

1. Rounded up as many as were available, of a group who sang together in the church in their youth. They sang one of their favorite hymns.

2. Pictures of the seniors when they were very young.

3. Oldest man, always faithful in service, was made an honorary deacon. Both his service and his wife's was recognized.

4. Some of the church history, from the seniors younger days was re-counted.

5. Honorary luncheon afterwards.

6. Invited a former pastor, one from their younger days (more than 20 years ago) to share the day with them.

7. A few "stories" were shared, in a gentle manner, to envoke laughter for good times shared and a few "why'd ya have ta tell that one!?" :eek::)

Hope there's a though or two here that you can use.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

It is good to celebrate the past but celebrate the current.

DIsplay how some are still remaining "active" in ministry even though their ministry probably has changed over the years..even currently.