1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Servant Evangelism

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by bobbyd, Apr 11, 2005.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I was wondering what everyone thought of servant evangelism projects, if you have ever done any, and if so...what did you do?

bobbyd

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Please give examples, so we can respond better.

3. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I have done some projects like that. In seminary, we had to go into the neighborhood and offer to rake folks yards and haul the leaves away for free. Most people wouldnt let us do it. I have also handed out free drinks and events, but my personal favorite is taking "HOSPITALity Bags" to folks/families in the hospital. Inside the bags are small goodies like Purell, gum, pen and word game book, wet wipes, phone card, etc.

5. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

Tater Tot.. at seminary in new orleans we had to do CWT... Continuing Witness Training..something like that. Most folks we knocked on their doors and they slammed them on us. :)

6. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Many people are tired of being bother visits from Mormons, Jehovah Witness, and Baptists. That why, they easy shut the door in the front of them.

Acts 20:20 is a example of old fashion soul winning method as what Apostle Paul did.

Today, the culture of the social life is much changing much different than Paul's day.

But, we better be careful, we do not adding new ways to reach people such as having entertainment service at the church, "lifestyle evangelism", etc...

The only way we reach them, to make them feel warm, and making friend.

John chapter 4 is a good example that we should do the same thing as what Christ did to a Samartian woman. Christ chatted with a woman like as water subject then will lead to witness her for salvation.

I know knocking doors is not easy. Because people ALWAYS first ask a question: "Are you from Church?" I hate to saying a truth to them. That why many people easy slam door.

I believe the proper polite or etiquette way to reach people. Have to make call to a person first, ask for permission to visit. Because, when we visit person's house, person thinks we are rude and bother them and without ask person first.

Many people are complaint of Mormons, Jehvoah Wintess, and Baptists always bother their home, they think they are rude and no polite.

I think the proper way to reach people is make call to person first before visit. To make person feels warm and friendly.

Let you know, deaf people are more senstively than hearing people. Because deaf world is smaller than hearing world, the reason is, most deaf houses are hard to find, many deaf are 'hide'. That why, many deaf people easy shocked when we(deaf soul winnrers) visit them, they could easy ask question: "How did you find us?". Also, ask question: "Where church you go?" No way that we can avoid their questions. That why most of time they slam door. Being visiting is not easy.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

7. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

"Lifetsyle evangelism" is not always bad. It can be good. It simply means that we witness with our lives.. but if that is the ONLY kind of witnessing that we do, forget it!
    You can go stand out on Bourbon Street in New Orleans every day with your best suit, smiling, and greeting every one of them for a solid year and NOT ONE of them will ask you... "what makes you so happy".
    Lifestyle evangelism is given a bad name by those who take it to the extreme.
    One man who I greatly respected as a young preacher truly shocked me a few years ago.
    The man is probably 60 years old now. He is still a pastor. I saw a picture of him.. he now has LONG hair and a pony tail, and two earrings. His reason..."lifestyle evangelism..... he wants to identify with the lost". Better identify with Christ.