1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Seven Types of Propaganda Techniques

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by SGO, Oct 4, 2021.

1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice list, but they seem to have missed a fundamental element—appeal to pride. Our decisions are ultimately based on our own judgment, no matter how good or bad it may be. Falling for that aspect of false appeal can be the bane of both the learned and the ignorant, and makes us more vulnerable to all the rest.

Welcome to human nature.

Oh, and the best of this flattery, especially when self—inflicted, is when we are convinced we are an exception to this. Then we are practically invulnerable to the truth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks for taking a proper gander at the list.

I'm vulnerable to most of it and aspects of the list have been around for many many years.

3. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are all vulnerable to these. It's a part of being human. Advertisers wouldn't waste their money if it weren't proven to be effective.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You will notice also that years ago ads (that still featured "normal" families) started making the female the stable one & dad was just a doofus. Wasn't long before the 10 year old kid was the smart one & both Mom & Dad were both doofuses.
    I love to pick apart the OBVIOUS ridiculous aspects of modern ads.
    I have decided that most ads are created by Dems, cause they appear to assume that the public is just plain stupid.
    Thank God (literally) for recorders!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those are examples of appeal to pride—flattering women, flattering kids that they are much smarter, wiser, etc., than their authority, thus should make the decisions. Yes, this is the world of the Dems. Enter the Greta Thunbergs.

6. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have been flattered and tattered by the same person here, and I have probably done the same but when I do it, it is not as pronounced.