1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Seven year tribulation period

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dayle, Mar 28, 2019.

1. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Futurists falsely make the 69th week end at the crucifiction.But Daniel says it was to the Messiah. Jesus was plainly announced by John the Baptist to be the lamb of God which takes away the sins of the world and was recognised as Messiah by the Apostles and others.
    Early futurists made the tribulation 3½ years.
    I believe that some of the early church writers said the reighn of Antichrist woud be 3½ years but I believe they got it from Daniel 7:25 rather than chapter nine. They believd it was still future to them and would happen after Rome was divided in to ten states and the Antichridt would arrise. That fits perfectly with the historic view.

• Like Like x 1
  2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the trib will last less then 3.5 years, as Jesus said if it were not to be cut short, all flesh (man & animal alike) would perish. The beast will be in power longer, as the trib won't begin immediately upon his assuming his throne. But it'll begin shortly after he commits the AOD & issues his mark, as millions of people will worship him & his image.

3. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In your view, where did the idea of a 7 year tribulation come from? I've always guess that it has to be combining a couple of different descriptions of the tribulation period into one long period. Just a guess, though.

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe Scripture makes it clear that the "beast/antichrist" will be in power for awhile before the trib hits. I believe the rapture will occur first, but I don't know if that'll be before the Jews build their new temple or not. But anyway, the rapture will clear the way for the mark of the beast, which he will issue shortly after committing the "abomination of desolation". Then, the trib will hit, focusing especially hard on the seat of the beast's kingdom. Butm I don't believe it'll last even 3.5 jears, as JESUS said if it weren't cut short, no flesh (man or animal) would survive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it came thru a misunderstanding of the last prophetic "week" of daniel's prophecy. Close study shows there's a lotta events packed into those last years of it. But we see how fast events & world situations change now, so they'll all fit into God's allotted time.

6. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wondered if it wasn't something like that. I agree that is a lot to pack into Daniel's last "week". Appreciate your input, Brother.

7. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You believe a lot of false teaching
    The tribulation in the Olivet was on the unbelieving Jews that had killed the Messiah. The believers all escaped after Jesus' warning the flee the city when the saw Jerusalem surrounded by armies, that was when the saw the Abomination of Desolation. The days were cut short when the Romans completed the conquest (with a flood) otherwise non would have escaped.

The Great tribulation in Revelation is on Christian believers.
    2 different events.

8. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul is quite clear. 2 Thess.2,
    1st the falling away, or apostacy
    2nd Man of sin revealed.
    3rd Our gathering together to meet the Lord.

9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like it the way one Old Primitive Baptist preacher said it... The Man of sin is the same one that caused Man to sin... Once concealed now revealed... SATAN!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 2
  10. David Kent

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan is not a man.