1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Seventh-day Adventist valour and prowess

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Gibs:

Gerhard, the gospels do not disagree with one another, it is you that can’t see. Joh 19:14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
    Joh 19:31 ¶ The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day,(for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
    Joh 19:41 Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid.
    Joh 19:42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews’ preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.
    Mt 27:62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,
    Mt 27:63 Saying, Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again.
    Mt 27:64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.
    Mt 27:65 Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.

GE:

Dear Gibs, with all respect, it is you who do not see,“Joh 19:14 ...the preparation of the passover” was over before “Joh 19:31 ...it was the preparation...” Mark 15:42 “...evening already having had come”.
    Dear Gibs, with all respect, it is you who do not see, Joh 19:31 Joh 19:41 Joh 19:42 happen AFTER “...evening already having had come”;
    and Joh 19:14 BEFORE “...evening already having had come”—in fact,“six o-clock in the morning” BEFORE!
    Dear Gibs, with all respect, it is you who do not see, Mt 27:62,63,64 happen AFTER Joh 19:42 “THE NEXT MORNING AFTER THE PREPARATION of the Jews” on the Preparation Day BEFORE, and “...they the MORNING AFTER ... secured the grave, nevertheless LATE in the Sabbath as it began to dawn towards the First Day of the week ... the angel of the Lord descended and cast the stone away from the grave...” Matthew 27:62-66, 28:1-4.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    http://theadventistforum.yourlivecommunity.co...

RLH:

I see that you are here to refute Seventh Day Adventism, and Ellen G. White.

GE:

I am here and have been here up till now - at the mercy of the administrators of this forum - and have written volumes already in defence of the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD.
    Show me an inventor!
    I am the one who must live with my conscience, not any of you; and I am not going to be a slave of fear or dishonesty towards God or myself.
    Therefore do what you like - or want to do as is obvious. You don’t even have to do it with a word posted. You can just do it.
    What I have said I have said in the service of God Almighty. Where words abound, says the Word, transgression wastes no time. So I sinned unknowing or knowing, God knows. If you have no forgiveness for a fellow sinner, God has ... for a sinner like me!
    But retract one word or sentence of what I have written here on this forum already? SHOW where I spoke against the Scriptures, and I will repent unconditionally.
    I shall otherwise, NEVER RETRACT OR APOLOGISE, GOD BE MY WITNESS!
    Throw me off, NOW is the time! We will meet and speak again to one another, ONE DAY in the calendar of the Judge of all; and we will then see whose words were tried in the fire of persecution, rejection, and unreasonableness, AND whose words OVERCAME.
    FILL MY CUP OF WOES AND SORROW FOR THE SINS OF MYSELF AND OF MY PEOPLE!

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Joeb:

To add to the examples newbie gave about the seventh day being called the sabbath:
    Exodus 16:22-30, Exodus 31:15, Exodus 35:2, Leviticus 23:3, Deuteronomy 5:14

GE:

Dear Joeb, who, for heaven’s sake, doubts “the day The Seventh Day”, being called,“SABBATH OF THE LORD GOD”?! Here, on this forum? Me ---the person you replied to with this post?!
    You are WRONG Joeb, if you meant to address me for not knowing or not accepting or not believing “The Seventh Day is the Sabbath of the LORD — MY — GOD”!

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

The next thing I wrote, was this apology ... notice what I thought what I did was wrong ...

GE:

James, I said that you lied, and I called you a liar. Now I repent of what I said; I am sorry. I ask your pardon and forgiveness. I ask God, Please forgive me my sin, for the sake of Jesus and for your Holy Name, that I did wrong and harm to your Truth. I plead with open heart and empty hands, My Saviour God. Help me, o Helper of Israel to use such words, never again, lived I only your Sabbath Day today, or many years after. Let me enter into Your Rest and Day of Rest with Your Peace in my soul, and peace with every man I have to do with in every sphere of life.

Thank you my God for your assurance of my sins forgiven in your Son, for His sake alone and to the honour of your Name on earth among all men.

Peace my brethren in Jesus Christ on http://theadventistforum..

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    RLH:

Topic: Gerhard Ebersöhn
    Posted: 04 Jun 2013 at 11:55pm
    Gerhard,

I have a hard time understanding most of what you post. So I went to the websites that you have in your signature line. I see that you are here to refute Seventh Day Adventism, and Ellen G. White.

Also, it has been brought to my attention that you have no respect for the scriptures that are quoted to you in response to your ideas, and seem to have no intention of having a "two way street" kind of debate, or exchange of ideas.

This is bothering at least one of my members who IS an Adventist, which you have stated you could NEVER be.

The bottom line is, that "The Adventist Forum" is not a platform for people who just want to come and rail against adventism, and post all manor of nonsense against what we believe, and against EGW. So I think it would be best if you took this kind of stuff and posted it elsewhere, and not here.

If you have anything to say, go ahead and say it now. Also, if anybody else has anything to say about it, now is the time.

Thanks,
    Richard

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sandie:

Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 12:54am
    Gerhard, I have my difference of opinion when it comes to things too, but I still hope to find common subjects we can agree on or might share an interest in.

I don't claim to be an Adventist, but I still respect those who are, as having made up their minds to follow Christ in a way that speaks truth to them. We're all just trying to do the best we can with what we've been given.

Your point kinda got lost after a while, the way it looks to me.

If people want to keep the Sabbath, that is their business. If they don't, that is up to them as well.
    You made your case. Was that all you were here to accomplish?

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Gibs:

Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 2:28pm
    Gerhard,

The problem I see is you do not accept or aknowledge any solid Biblical refute from anyone. When the Word of God is the foundation and fountain of all truth, wisdom and understanding for the True Christian and when it is given out by anyone we heed it.

It also reads straight plain and simple and the full truth put forth is on a fifth grade level, especially of the KJV!

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Gerhard Ebersöhn:

Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 9:38pm
    I am here and have been here up till now - at the mercy of the administrators of this forum - and have written volumes already in defence of the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD.

Show me a liar!

I am the one who must live with my conscience, not any of you; and I am not going to be a slave of fear or dishonesty towards God or myself.

Therefore do what you like - or want to do as is obvious. You don't even have to do it with a word posted. You can just do it.

What I have said I have said in the service of God Almighty. Where words abound, says the Word, transgression wastes no time. So I sinned unknowing or knowing, God knows. If you have no forgiveness for a fellow sinner, God has ... for a sinner like me!

But retract one word or sentence of what I have written here on this forum already? SHOW where I spoke against the Scriptures, and I will repent unconditionally.

I shall otherwise, NEVER RETRACT OR APOLOGISE, GOD BE MY WITNESS!

Throw me off, NOW is the time! We will meet and speak again to one another, ONE DAY in the calendar of the Judge of all; and we will then see whose words were tried in the fire of persecution, rejection, and unreasonableness, AND whose words OVERCAME.

FILL MY CUP OF WOES AND SORROW FOR THE SINS OF MYSELF AND OF MY PEOPLE!

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Gibs:

Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 11:10pm
    Gerhard,

Maybe if you would just posted the scriptures for your testimony instead of your explanations we would understand you.

I have had a hard time figuring out what you are saying from your explanations.

At first I thought you were making the case for a Sunday Sabbath rest or no Sabbath at all that Jesus had done plumb away with it. You sure have confused me as to what you do mean.

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    RLH:

Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 11:15pm
    Can anybody here interpret for me what Gerhard just said?
    Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 11:29pm
    I hate to ban anybody, but I see no reason to let this go on. I never could understand what he was saying, but what did it for me was the links to the anti-adventist websites that he put in his signature line.

Example:
    <strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 14.285714149475098px; font-family: Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 12px;">Seventh Day Adventism Refuted

E.G. White
    Save your life to save the Sabbath, and you shall lose both; lose
    your life to save the Sabbath, and you if God will, might save the
    Sabbath.
    The Seventh Day Adventist Church in order to save the Sabbath,
    should sever all ties with its past, and unconditionally and totally
    reject and renounce not the person of Mrs E.G. White, but the
    doctrine and dogma as well as attitude and approach it, has
    adopted and based and erected on ‘Inspiration’ and
    ‘the Testimonies’.
    </strong>

That's just not what we're here for. Sorry.

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Gibs:

Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 11:41pm
    There is just one or two things one must come to about EGW. You must decide whether she was of God or she was of Satan.

No one with a mere 3'rd grade education could come close to her wisdom from self alone. God gave her wisdom and understanding far and above any of her day and this day also.

If one knows the Word of God even in a partial way that one knows without ANY DOUBT, She was of God!

She was surrounded with evil influences and yet like Jesus, she clung to Him and I dare say better than any of us! And I dare say too she knew His Word better than any of us!

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    RLH:

Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 11:58pm
    Well put, Gibs. I agree!

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    James345:

Posted: Yesterday at 1:16pm
    Gerhard claims to "... have written volumes already in defence of the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD."
    Here (below) is a small sampling of those "volumes" - "in defence of the Seventh Day Sabbath"
    Notice the forked-tongue doublespeak:
    ----------
    Does "Jesus is my rest" negate the Sabbath -page 5
    Gerhard Ebersöhn wrote:
    I have never argued about God's Law having changed so that after Christ the Sabbath is Sunday and not the Sabbath Seventh Day any more. Please do not get a wrong idea; but I maintain, have always maintained and will keep on to maintain that as God Himself changed in his Revelation in and through Jesus Christ, so and similarly changed Salvation as well as the Law including the Fourth Commandment. It is MOST BASIC Christian Faith I'm talking! Why should the Sabbath be exempted from the "Power of His Resurrection" to change it?! I do not accept such ossified ideas of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
    Does "Jesus is my rest" negate the Sabbath -page 7
    (very bottom post)
    Gibs wrote:
    Sabbath rest can only occur in the Sabbath day. Never on a Sunday!
    Gerhard responded:
    Yes!
    And never on no day. It must be the Sabbath Day.
    Therefore, never on a Saturday.
    Does "Jesus is my rest" negate the Sabbath -page 8
    Gerhard Ebersöhn wrote:
    Much ado about nothing.

Saturday is not the Sabbath because the Sabbath is not Saturday but the Seventh Day of the week.

I know of ONE place / incidence in the NT where the Seventh Day is called "Sabbath-of-the week". I know of seven incidences where Saturday night and Sunday daylight is called "the First Day-of-the-week".

I do not know of any place anywhere in the whole Bible EXCEPT IN CORRUPTIONS where the Sabbath is called or is equalised with Saturday or the First Day of the week with Sunday.

Your extensive list even, LACKS incidence.

It helps no one to bury truth under heaps of information or misinformation, dear Gibs.
    Does "Jesus is my rest" negate the Sabbath -page 9
    Gerhard Ebersöhn wrote:
    Dear Joeb, who, for heaven's sake, doubts "the day The Seventh Day", being called, "SABBATH OF THE LORD GOD"?! Here, on this forum? Me --- the person you replied to with this post?!

You are WRONG joeb, if you meant to address me for not knowing or not accepting or not believing "The Seventh Day is the Sabbath of the LORD --- MY --- GOD"!

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    James 345:

Posted: Yesterday at 1:17pm
    Personally, I think Gerhard should remove himself from the Forum. And if he will not have the decency to do so, then the Forum's Administration should remove him, and delete every post he made at this forum.

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    James345:

Posted: Yesterday at 2:25pm
    There is just one or two things one must come to about EGW. You must decide whether she was of God or she was of Satan.
    No one with a mere 3'rd grade education could come close to her wisdom from self alone. God gave her wisdom and understanding far and above any of her day and this day also.
    If one knows the Word of God even in a partial way that one knows without ANY DOUBT, She was of God!
    She was surrounded with evil influences and yet like Jesus, she clung to Him and I dare say better than any of us! And I dare say too she knew His Word better than any of us!
    ---------
    James responds:
    .... a thousand "Amens"!

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sandie:

Posted: Yesterday at 3:48pm
    For Gerhard's sake, banning him might give him a chance to relax for awhile. He's not making any progress in his aims here on this forum, and is essentially "beating a dead horse".

Gerhard, you're wearing yourself out and you wore out the patience of those who have engaged in your debates.

I don't see the need to remove his posts though. They illustrate opposing views, which were refuted with satisfaction by other posters here, so in a way they are informative. It's always good to see as many sides of a debate as possible.

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Gibs:

Posted: 21 hours 14 minutes ago at 8:46pm
    Gerhard,

You might find a home here if you are for the present day state of Israel.

www.lamarzulli.wordpress.com/ These are not SDA's mix of the other protestant denominations and some of Marzulli's church that he holds.

When you get there click on the days program you want to peruse and you can sign on, you will figure that out.

I don't agree with them but you possibly might.

19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    RLH:

Posted: 20 hours 49 minutes ago at 9:11pm
    James345 wrote:

Personally, I think Gerhard should remove himself from the Forum. And if he will not have the decency to do so, then the Forum's Administration should remove him, and delete every post he made at this forum.

I removed him yesterday. I thought that was implied when I spoke of him in the past tense, and explained what did it for me.(the tipping point)

Maybe I was too subtle.:)

RLH wrote:

I hate to ban anybody, but I see no reason to let this go on. I never could understand what he was saying, but what did it for me was the links to the anti-adventist websites that he put in his signature line.

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    James345:

Posted: 18 hours 26 minutes ago at 11:34pm
    My apologies.
    You're right, It was implied.
    I didn't realize you had already removed him. I was thinking that you were "about to".
    ---
    If I had known for sure, I would not have posted that bit on page 2 about the Sabbath.-- For he isn't here, and I don't want to be found "gossipping".