1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sharing Your Church's Facility

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Jun 11, 2018.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Last week, I was in northern VA and attended church with a friend. Here's the schedule:

Presbyterian church (PCA) meets at 8:50 am for worship service in sanctuary, followed by Sunday School.

Baptist church (SBC) meets at 9:30 for Sunday School and then at 10:50 am for worship service in the sanctuary.

See link: DRBC and APC

I've never seen this before, but it seems that these two churches are making it work.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We currently share our facilities with a spanish church. I have known the pastor for more than 20 years prior to this arrangement. We have our life groups at 9 am and main worship service at 10:30 am, we run till 11:30 or 11:45 ish. The spanish church has their Sunday school at 11 am and their main worship service at 12:30. On Wednesday nights we take the sanctuary at 6 pm and then praise team practice and they take the fellowship hall and other children's and youth rooms.

We share workers for overlap on Sunday mornings in the nursery and children's church. We have no problems.

• Like Like x 1