1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Shepherds

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by thessalonian, Aug 12, 2003.

1. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

God bless ya frank.

2. Frank

Frank New Member

Thessalonian:
    Thanks, I appreciate your sincere endowment of blessing. [​IMG] By the way, I would like to see the objective evidence for claims one and two in your post.

3. thessalonian

thessalonian New Member

Your welcome:

Oh if I must.

1) From MSN Encarta - Protestant -

member of church rejecting papal authority: a member or adherent of any denomination of the Western Christian church that rejects papal authority and some fundamental Roman Catholic doctrines, and believes in justification by faith. The formulation of Protestants’ beliefs began with the Reformation in the 16th century.

That would be you.

2. First of all prove I said you were a Campbellite. I realize that no protestant denomination (I have proven that I can use that term) stays the same from one year to the next so you are no longer what the campbellites were, but your roots cannot change. Apparently it embarrasses you alot to be associated with them. Your group, the Church of Christ (which rejects musical instruments in worship) originated, by their own admission with the theories of a man named Campbell. (not the same as calling you a Campbellite).

This isn't a Catholic source:

http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/restor2.html

Name: Churches of Christ

Founder: Alexander Campbell, died in 1866.

Date of Birth: 1788

Birth Place: County Down, Ireland

Year Founded: 1906

Hear it is straight from you Churches mouth.

http://church-of-christ.org/who.html

It does say they don't see themselves as a new Church but that can hardly be the objective opinion that you are speaking of. Nope they orginated with the Campbelites alright. No reasonable person would say otherwise. (I know you will).

By the way is your Church, the Church of Christ, the United Church of Christ or the International Church of Christ, or the Light of the World Church of Christ? How many others are there? I don't know but I do know that a house divided cannot stand. Your Protestant sect is divided.

Blessings