1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sheri Klouda PhD vs. SWBTS, Paige Patterson

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by preachinjesus, Mar 9, 2007.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

They should take the $15 million and give it to those who could use it most--those in countries where the have little or nothing. Who wants the extravagance of a Taj Mahal in Southern Baptist education?

When a man will ask for CP money to be spent on the home he lives in to house his trophy animals and books says something about his priorities. Three presidents have lived in that same home before him. A large portion of that home was remodelled shortly before Hemphill came as president. Mrs. Dilday entertained guests in that home and she did most of the cooking for them in the kitchen.

Isn't it amazing how Patterson will ask for money for an addition to the presidents home and ask for more to add a chapel at SWBTS and shun Klouda? That man has heart to act so callous. Christians like that do not belong as leaders in any organization. Their extravagance and greed goes counter to the message of James.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Some know the difference between the spiritual gift of teaching and the office of pastor or elder. However there are those who believe that a woman cannot have the gift or teaching or be a missionary.

Except Lottie Moon.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amazing how the president's home met the needs of all the previous presidents who occupied it and the chapel met the needs of the students when there were more students.

If I were going to go to a SBC seminary I would not go to SWBTS but rather SBTS because of where they stand theologically and their academic scholarship. Moeller and Patterson are not in the same league academically.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thousands and thousands of women are teaching Hebrew around the world in much the same way a woman would teach English in America or the UK. Some of their children are future pastors.

I guess that we had better tell all of the women in Israel to stop teaching Hebrew.

5. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking of irony, perhaps this will entertain:

In 2007, this controversy involves a lawsuit, a president of a Baptist institution, and support for the person suing from a [IMB] board member named Burleson. Over 100 years ago, another Texas lawsuit (filed by S. A. Hayden) involved a [Texas Executive] board [Carroll, a member of the board, later founded SWBTS] and support for the person suing from a president of a Baptist institution named Burleson [Rufus C.]. Hayden was not denied tenure, but was denied a seat at the 1897 BGCT (and later ones as well).

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you know what the reason was?

7. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

It seems the Moderates (if there really is such a thing) and liberals are using a very viscious strategy. They will attack people personally instead of addressing the theological issue. Roger Moran is suffering many personal attacks and Dr. Patterson. Even here on BB. Sad really. This thread has turned ugly and is off topic.

9. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Could you please define these terms for us.

I'll even provide you with the precise terms for you to quote and define:

Liberal

Moderate

Conservative

I thank you in advance.

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would rather get to the facts so maybe you could tell us who fired Professor Whitsitt at SBTS for teaching the very thing most Baptists believe today? What political/theological camp were they aligned with?

I feel as though I am in good company because depending on who you would ask I have been called a liberal, moderate, and fundamentalist and so was Jesus.

#130 gb93433, Mar 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007
  11. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, moderates exist and serve Jesus.

You need to define this term.

Vicious? Pointing out the evil that someone does against another person is vicious?

Plenty of people in this thread have dealt with the theological issues. Just because you have not been successful in turning everyone to your opinion doesn't mean the theological issues have been ignored.

Really?! Roger Moran has inflicted countless attacks against convention personalities and the CBF over the past decade or more, usually using "guilt-by-association" tactics. His lies are well-documented if you care to do a search for that material.

And what has been said about Patterson that is untrue?

And why not here? Those who do evil should be exposed by their brothers and sisters in Christ instead of the world. We need to correct our own instead of supporting them and bringing the cause of Christ to greater shame.

It is sad that there are people who think it is okay to use the church of Jesus Christ as a means to obtain power, money, and influence. Followers of Jesus guide by the influence of their moral example, through sacrificial giving and servanthood.

12. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Religious institutions do not always stand absolved of crookedness.

If the quotes in the article are true then Patterson is a liar that cannot be trusted and should be removed from his position. Of course we know from the Dilday days that the trustees cannot be trusted either.

There is more information at http://kerussocharis.blogspot.com/

#134 gb93433, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2008
  15. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The truth is I wouldn't want to be me at the final judgment. I'll have enough to answer for without trying to add judging another believer to my resume.

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Therefore, you have the strange situation of federal courts calling seminary professors 'ministers' and the very people who led the effort to change the BFM 2000 to forbid women from being 'Senior Pastors' praising the courts for their ruling. If consistent application of this legal ruling were made throughout the Southern Baptist Convention then there would be no 'women' professors at any of our seminaries - period.

http://kerussocharis.blogspot.com/

17. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter