1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Shocking - Zimmerman arrested

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

"Stand Your Ground" is not, and never was legally relevant in the G.Z. case. You appear to understand little or nothing about the case in Florida or what a "Stand your Ground" law is all about. Only media talked about "Stand your Ground" laws (mainly just to gin up a controversy against a law they never liked anyway).....The actual attorneys knew enough about the law to understand it was irrelevant.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does stand your ground have to with anything?

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

It's called (in Missouri and Kansas, at least) being "held for investigation" but it only lasts 20 hours in Missouri, 36 in Kansas. In other states, it can last up to 72 hours. In most cases, if a lawyer shows up, it's over. He/She walks out walks out with the client.

#23 thisnumbersdisconnected, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
  4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to NYPD blues and CSI and, yes, NCIS, it's the difference between you telling the cops "I'm free to go" and the cops telling you "you're free to go".
    Also, I read somewhere it's like asking a cop who's harrassing you on a traffic violation: are you charging me, or am I free to go....
    stops them dead in their tracks, according to whoever posted the information....I think, in live leaks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.