1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should a Pastor date one of the Church Youth?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by C.S. Murphy, Aug 5, 2002.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    David Cooke Jr... Looking at your profile you know of where you speak!... Just one little tree on fire... pretty soon a forest!... The Law has spoken!... Two thumbs up!... Brother Glen :eek:

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Okay, then no. On one 21 or older has any business dating a minor. If he were 18, I'd say maybe, but 21? Absolutely not. If he cares for her, he'll wait until she's 18 to date her. THink about it. He's an adult in every way. He's dating someone who, three years prior, probably wasn't even menstruating.

Note: this has nothing to do about sex, or anything of those lines. It has to do with appropriate dating ages.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, dear Lord in Heaven.

The fact that this even has to be discussed distresses me greatly.

4. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

If the Girls parents and the girl see nothing wrong with it. The Bible say nothing bad about it.

I say let them! :cool:

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The man is 21 and the girl is less than 16???!! Man, oh, man!! Let's pretend I'm the girl's dad--and lets just pretend I'm headed for the gun cabinet--but, horror of all horrors--my wife gets to the gun cabinet before I do!!

Absolutely not!! Not on your life!! And not over my dead body!! And there's nothing in the Bible that says its wrong--but by golly, there's a law in the state of Mississippi thats called Statutory Rape and Contributing to the deliquincy of a minor--I'd have the Sheriff on that man before his heart beat two times in a row!! And the Sheriff had better hurry!!

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

And the church members--they don't see anything wrong with it?? Gosh, I was born at night--but it wasn't last night!!!

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John3,
    The Bible doesn't say not to jump off tall buildings or eat razor blades either, but that doens't make it a good idea!
    Hello :rolleyes:

8. Brett Valentine

Hi all, something interesting to consider. How old was Mary when she gave birth to Jesus? I KNOW she wasn't 21. . . or 18. . . In the Jewish culture, when was a boy considered a man? Isn't it 13?

I heard a sermon that spoke in passing about how we as a society have increasingly "infantalized" our youth, raising legal age higher and higher. I have also heard speakers on shows like Focus on the Family (I think) mention how the "postponing of adulthood and marriage" has helped to aggrivate the sexuial promiscuity problem.

What was it about our OWN history that equipped what we would consider children by today's standards to go out and manage their own home and cultivate a plot of land on the prarie?

I make no stand on the issue of the age thing of the pastor and the young lady in the youth group. I just wonder why we as a culture wait so long to equip our youth for taking on adult responsibility.

Brett

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm still headed toward the gun cabinet--if the preacher knows whats good for him . . . ! Few things are worth going to jail over--and this subject is one of 'um. Two things--(1)you mess with my wife and I'll hunt you down (2) you mess with my juvenile children and I'll hunt you down!

That preacher mess with my daughter--I'd be on him like a Pitbull on a Housecat!!