1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Should America BAN Burqa's???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jan 21, 2010.

?
  1. Yes, ban the burqa

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No, leave it on

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. It doesn't really matter either way

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. I may get a burqa for my wife

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. All of the above, or, none of the above, I just don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I understand the safety issue, but my concern is still the same as the others. Don't wanna open this can of worms.

2. targus

targus New Member

Changed my mind.

#22 targus, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
  3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

If we ban burqas then we need to ban ski masks, panty hose, jackets with hoods, cloth that can be used to wrap around your head, motocycle helmets, etc.

Banning an article of clothing is just plain stupid. I can't even believe that someone that believes in the freedoms that America offers would think that it is OK.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would assume you would have to take those off also, to get onto an airplane.

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

What's the point? Removing them for identification purposes or such is different from out right banning.

6. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

The only restrictions that I would be in favor of would be these. For photo ID's they would need to take them off (such as drivers license).

I am a little on the fence whether there should be some type of restriction to enter certain building with ones identity completely covered.

But to outright outlaw would go against everything this country stands for.

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My argument might be troublesome - but it's also .....well, arguable. It has validity.

Whether others use that same argument against Christian women doesn't lessen the merit of my point about Muslim women. Christian women who choose to wear headcoverings whether by a genuine convicted choice or by coersion aren't forced to do so under the point of law.

I'll take a bite of that bread, buttered or not. :flower: :flower:

8. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As much as I dislike the garment, it's not right to ban it. Now, if we're gonna ban stupid clothes, lets start fining these young men who wear their pants halfway down to their knees so their boxers show 8 or 9 inches at the top.:saint:

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    OFF TOPIC, but actually cops like kids to wear those - becasue, it is easy to catch them (cops grap the loose pants)

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

when you start picking out whose clothes to banned one religion over another, it's a matter of freedoms in this country, and we're next.
    Removing them for photo id's, yes, removing them to prove id for entering a building security or an airplane, yes that fine, because thats not banning them, just asking for id proof. we all have to prove our id at some point, liek voting. Last time they didn't want to le tme vote because I no longer look like my drivers license because of drastic weight loss, women from our previous church who were voting officals vouched for me.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great Catch....Thanks for the feedback!

Great point. Not all Muslim women have the freedom to choose to wear it or not to wear it.

#31 righteousdude2, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010